Car Breathalyzers For Everyone

ylexot

Super Genius
I'll just set up a little bottle of compressed air to automatically deliver the puff whenever it wants one. :yay:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

its a tube you breath into. what part is so hard, you breath when you drive anyway, and its no more difficult than changing a CD or answering the phone.

(one of the guys in my building had one in both of his vehicles)

I thought it was immobile. Like, a tube that was actually in your dash, in the radio area...or on the steering column or something. I didn't realize it was corded (like the one I just looked up, I'm assuming thats what they are?).

I thought you had to bend to it, didn't realize you could bring it up to your mouth.

tommyjones

I thought it was immobile. Like, a tube that was actually in your dash, in the radio area...or on the steering column or something. I didn't realize it was corded (like the one I just looked up, I'm assuming thats what they are?).

I thought you had to bend to it, didn't realize you could bring it up to your mouth.

the version i saw was on a cord that retracted. it required you to blow for a certain amount of time at a certain pressure while humming to validate it wasn't coming out of a ballon or something.

alcholics think ahead about breaking the law.......

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

the version i saw was on a cord that retracted. it required you to blow for a certain amount of time at a certain pressure while humming to validate it wasn't coming out of a ballon or something.

alcholics think ahead about breaking the law.......

Very interesting. I am sure even that can be beaten, but I learned two new things in that it is corded/mobile and that (some at least) they require humming to make sure you aren't cheating it.
:yay:

tommyjones

Very interesting. I am sure even that can be beaten, but I learned two new things in that it is corded/mobile and that (some at least) they require humming to make sure you aren't cheating it.

like i said, that was the version i saw. I think the biggest problem with this being incoperated into fleets of autos is that they will need to be serviced and calibrated regularly. I dont know who is oging to pay for that, but most of us would figure out how to circumvent the entire system if it means another monthly fee

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
its a tube you breath into. what part is so hard, you breath when you drive anyway, and its no more difficult than changing a CD or answering the phone.

(one of the guys in my building had one in both of his vehicles)

I had to drive somebodies car with one. You also have to blow every few minutes at random intervals or the car shuts down

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits

Can I use this device as a screening mechanism for my next girlfriend?

ylexot

Super Genius
:jeff foxworthy voice on:
if you already have a plan on how you are going to continue to DRINK AND DRIVE if a breathalyzer is ever installed in your car

you might be an alcoholic

:JFVoff:
Remember that folks. If you don't plan to roll over for the nanny state, you must be an alcoholic! :yay:

tommyjones

Remember that folks. If you don't plan to roll over for the nanny state, you must be an alcoholic! :yay:

yeah, thats one way to spin it....

so people who have these things now, but use compressed air to continue to drive drunk, what would you call them?

ylexot

Super Genius
yeah, thats one way to spin it....

so people who have these things now, but use compressed air to continue to drive drunk, what would you call them?

Big difference there. They have them because of their problems with drinking and driving. I (and everyone else) would have them because it is a law of the nanny state. They would bypass so that they can continue bad behavior. I would bypass because I'm not a criminal and don't appreciate being treated like one. I would do it as rebellion.

tommyjones

Big difference there. They have them because of their problems with drinking and driving. I (and everyone else) would have them because it is a law of the nanny state. They would bypass so that they can continue bad behavior. I would bypass because I'm not a criminal and don't appreciate being treated like one. I would do it as rebellion.

so you would drive drunk to be rebellious? i dont see the difference.

the only reason anyone would have to bypass the devices would be so they can drive while under the influence.

To be planning to bypass it now, beofre it is even a factor, indicates an unhealthy attachment to alcohol. If you can't even imagine not being able to drive when you have been drinking, you might have a serious problem.