Cars with no A/C?

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
My AC works just fine, but I'm stuck inside a freezing cold building for 9 hours. When I leave work, my hair gets clipped up on top of my head, the sunroof and all four windows go all the way down, and the stereo gets cranked!! It's how I roll... :cool:

And, by the time I get home, I'm acclimated to the outdoor temp so that I don't melt while standing in the heat and watering flowers. :lol:

:yeahthat:

bcp

In My Opinion
My AC works just fine, but I'm stuck inside a freezing cold building for 9 hours. When I leave work, my hair gets clipped up on top of my head, the sunroof and all four windows go all the way down, and the stereo gets cranked!! It's how I roll... :cool:

And, by the time I get home, I'm acclimated to the outdoor temp so that I don't melt while standing in the heat and watering flowers. :lol:
you should water your flowers at night when the water wont evaporate as quickly.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
My AC works just fine but I hardly ever use it unless I have someone in the car with me :shrug:

Exactly, unless I'm totin the chaps around, the windows are DOWN!!! Now, with the older chap (3yr old), she likes her window down.... So, if it's just us, windows are down... But now if Lil Man an momma are with us, windows are up, and AC is on :ohwell:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
you should water your flowers at night when the water wont evaporate as quickly.

Actually, it's best to water early in the morning. Watering at night allows the water to sit around the roots too long and can cause all sorts of problems...fungus, etc. :nerd:

bcp

In My Opinion
Actually, it's best to water early in the morning. Watering at night allows the water to sit around the roots too long and can cause all sorts of problems...fungus, etc. :nerd:
I dont get up early enough.
plants can deal with it or die.

belvak

Happy Camper

I'm asleep at night! :lol: Actually, you have to be careful with watering at night. It can promote mold, mildew, and fungus growth on your plants. :buddies:

belvak

Happy Camper

:high5: We must have been typing at the same time!! You just hit enter first!!

Cowgirl

My hoopty has a broked A/C. :bawl: And black interior. I HATE it, but I can't justify spending $300 to fix it when it's only miserable for a few months out of the year. What's worse than the heat is having my hair blowing around in my face. Even if I put it up I have these little flyaways and it drives me batty. :jameo:

bcp

In My Opinion
My hoopty has a broked A/C. :bawl: And black interior. I HATE it, but I can't justify spending $300 to fix it when it's only miserable for a few months out of the year. What's worse than the heat is having my hair blowing around in my face. Even if I put it up I have these little flyaways and it drives me batty. :jameo:
Im curious, do you have a chrysler product that is over the 60k mark?

bcp

In My Opinion
:lol: No, it's a Cavalier with about 170K.
I asked because I did the chrysler thing for a while, had the 2500 conversion van, the grand cherokee and the ram. All three lost the ac right around 60k (other major issues on all three also)
When I brought the Ram in to have the A/C fixed they tried to tell me that I had replaced the compressor with a used one some time in the past because of the manufacture date on it. I had never replaced it, its the one that came with it. It was a 2001 ram with a 1997 compressor from the factory,, or at least from the dealership. The did finally repair it, but they still acted like I was trying to get over on them.
I figure that Chrysler was trying to save money by using reconed parts in their new cars.

Wont ever go back to Chrysler.. although, that new ram 3500 is pretty sweet.....

Cowgirl

I asked because I did the chrysler thing for a while, had the 2500 conversion van, the grand cherokee and the ram. All three lost the ac right around 60k (other major issues on all three also)
When I brought the Ram in to have the A/C fixed they tried to tell me that I had replaced the compressor with a used one some time in the past because of the manufacture date on it. I had never replaced it, its the one that came with it. It was a 2001 ram with a 1997 compressor from the factory,, or at least from the dealership. The did finally repair it, but they still acted like I was trying to get over on them.
I figure that Chrysler was trying to save money by using reconed parts in their new cars.

Wont ever go back to Chrysler.. although, that new ram 3500 is pretty sweet.....

I had a Grand Cherokee and it never had any problems with the A/C. I think it had about 150 or 160K on it when I stopped driving it. We also have a Ram 1500, it's a 97 and has about 188K. The A/C doesn't work, but I can't remember if it's a bad compressor or just needs charged.

FeralCatLover

I almost never use the AC in my smart car, of course I care about the environment quite a bit more than the average person. I only use the AC on days when I'm volunteering at the church and I need to drive some of the older ladies around for their doctors appointments.