Charging your electric vehicle - a window to the wonder

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
There's a few new start-ups taking advantage of people's worries, towable generators. Kind of defeats the purpose of the EV tho...

This one is Little Generator Trailer available in Europe, and is intended for rental for those occasional long trips. Adds about 360 miles.

glhs837

Power with Control
That works today. When we approach EVs being close to 30% let alone 50%.. the second you start charging THAT will become the peak.. as more EVs come online, that peak will move, and will be a higher peak than say a mid afternoon in August. So you, and everyone else, starts to charge at 1:30 am, because it's off peak and cheaper, and as more and more start to charge the KwH cost will increase accordingly and surpass the peak price you were trying to avoid.

Think brown outs are bad now, wait until you wake up in the morning to no power, and no car.

I think we are at 2% now, so we have time. As long as we are smarter than CA.

Clem72

In 1899 and 1900, electric vehicles outsold all other types of cars. In fact, 28 percent of all 4,192 cars produced in the US in 1900 were electric.

Been there done that, and ICE won out then.. What do they say about HIstory??

Now I know you are retarded. Because tech certainly hasn't changed since 1900.

glhs837

Power with Control
I hope that I am long dead before I have to buy an EV.....just sayin'

I mean the only reason to have to is eventually you won't be able to buy new gas cars, but I also think gas cars will be with us for at least another couple lifetimes. Even if the last one and a half lifetimes are akin to Jay Leno Stanley steemer. Even when I do get an Eevee I'll always have at least a couple of gas vehicles in the stable, a motorcycle and a convertible.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Now I know you are retarded. Because tech certainly hasn't changed since 1900.
Point out where I said, or insinuated, that tech hasn't changed since 1900... I shared a little piece of history and your dumbass goes right to name-calling.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
What good is the Motor package without the support equipment and battery packs?

Seems this kit is missing a few items to make is productive.

Clem72

Point out where I said, or insinuated, that tech hasn't changed since 1900... I shared a little piece of history and your dumbass goes right to name-calling.

While you may be mentally deficient, I assumed you could at least follow one step beyond the implication of your own statement. Your statement "what do they say about history" was clearly meant to convey that we are "doomed to repeat" history of ICE vehicles winning out over electric. To which I responded that tech has changed. Keep up retard.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
While you may be mentally deficient, I assumed you could at least follow one step beyond the implication of your own statement. Your statement "what do they say about history" was clearly meant to convey that we are "doomed to repeat" history of ICE vehicles winning out over electric. To which I responded that tech has changed. Keep up retard.
Technology advances are never one sided.. or do you still need a crank to start your car with a wick for a carburetor?

Kinnakeet

EV's are just plain stupid you are not saving anything fossil fuel is the only way and will always be the only way

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
and will always be the only way
Not always. Right now the tech is not ready for prime time, but in years to come it will supplant ICE engines. New storage tech will be found, even the possibility of a new, yet unknown power source negating the need for batteries, like a major breakthrough of portable fusion, which would also negate the fossil fuel needed for manufacturing.

Kinnakeet

Not always. Right now the tech is not ready for prime time, but in years to come it will supplant ICE engines. New storage tech will be found, even the possibility of a new, yet unknown power source negating the need for batteries, like a major breakthrough of portable fusion, which would also negate the fossil fuel needed for manufacturing.
Somehow I dont think big oil is going to let their profits go away anytime soon

glhs837

Power with Control
EV's are just plain stupid you are not saving anything fossil fuel is the only way and will always be the only way
You can actually save a pretty good amount of money in total cost of ownership. Hell when you do the math of $40,000, model 3 has a lower total cost of ownership than a Toyota Corolla.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Somehow I dont think big oil is going to let their profits go away anytime soon
It's going to be a long term, long range goal and replacement. It's for sure not an instant gratification that everyone thinks will happen.

PeoplesElbow

You can actually save a pretty good amount of money in total cost of ownership. Hell when you do the math of $40,000, model 3 has a lower total cost of ownership than a Toyota Corolla.
Does that figure include new tires every 10k miles?