Chargrilled oysters are SO good

That would be absolutely terrific. Didn't know that there were ever real bay scallops this far south, always thought of them as a colder water critter. I know of the Sag Harbor outfit. There is a Nature Preserve very close by where my college buds and I got permission to "take a few for dinner". We toted 2 30 gallon garbage cans out of there and shucked scallops for days. But so worth it. If you've never had fresh, and I mean really fresh bay scallops prepared properly, you've never had seafood.

Most of the scallops in Long Island Sound were decimated from red tide, and have yet to recover fully. Every time the population takes off, the red or brown tide wipe them out again. It would be wonderful to see them re-populated here too.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
That would be absolutely terrific. Didn't know that there were ever real bay scallops this far south, always thought of them as a colder water critter. I know of the Sag Harbor outfit. There is a Nature Preserve very close by where my college buds and I got permission to "take a few for dinner". We toted 2 30 gallon garbage cans out of there and shucked scallops for days. But so worth it. If you've never had fresh, and I mean really fresh bay scallops prepared properly, you've never had seafood.

Most of the scallops in Long Island Sound were decimated from red tide, and have yet to recover fully. Every time the population takes off, the red or brown tide wipe them out again. It would be wonderful to see them re-populated here too.

We got some fresh scallops right off the boat when in Panama. I cleaned them up, not knowing how :lol: and they turned out really good. And the neighborhood stray cats got a treat.

nutz

I prepare oysters a half dozen+ different ways and love em all. Raw, steamed, Rockefeller, oregano, horseradish-cheese, grilled, stew, fried, casserole, turkey stuffing, oyster pie,smoked, ..

An oyster, a jalapeno slice, some parmesan, a little lemon and a Corona will make the day better.