Local Business Charlotte Hall- Do you want them to build apartments there???

fatratcat

Several of the owners of small businesses in CH told me they had to pay a high fee to a private sewer system to offer food services. In one case, an owner wanted to offer an upscale (albiet small scale) food offering. I wish I could be more specific but want to respect his privacy. Ultimately, he said without public septic, he could not provide the service. He was unwilling to pay into a private system. PS--- I'm not buying the cherry picking on Clarkes and Ruddy Duck. LOL! I admire the attempt though. They are nice sit down restaurants in a Town Center that do not have particularly ghigh income or population densities. A good example that makes my point is land locked Captain Leonards.
Don't take this wrong. You're welcome to dissent in the conversation but why would a guy from Piney Point and another from down south have such strong opinions about what happens 25 miles away in CH? Frankly, I wouldn't impede you if you were trying to get nice things in your community while dodging the low income apartment bullet.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Don't take this wrong. You're welcome to dissent in the conversation but why would a guy from Piney Point and another from down south have such strong opinions about what happens 25 miles away in CH? Frankly, I wouldn't impede you if you were trying to get nice things in your community while dodging the low income apartment bullet.

I'm confused, are you agreeing or disagreeing with yourself here?

glhs837

Power with Control
So, if you think Ruddy and Clarkes located there simply due to a designation, I think you are mistaken. They are wehre they are simply due to being waterfront. Neither building was built after the designation, but long before.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Yep. That's pretty much how I read it. CH is a town center. I guess the question here is whether growth is wanted. I've beat this to death, but I want retail and restaurants not low end apartments. So, CH is a town center. That's where the growth will happen. Like it or not. I just same aim for better things than apartments.

If you want retail and restaurants, then why don't you make it happen? People always talk about want they want to be built but they're not willing to go out and do it. In this case, the folks who are willing to do it are building apartments.

fatratcat

So you specifically require more restaurants in a two mile stretch of Rte 5 between Rte 6 and the County line?

Let me be clear. I require a nice place to sit down and eat like a civilized human being. I'm even so crazy as to demand a nutritious menu. Heresy, huh? :)

fatratcat

If you want retail and restaurants, then why don't you make it happen? People always talk about want they want to be built but they're not willing to go out and do it. In this case, the folks who are willing to do it are building apartments.

Actually, I'd love to make it happen, but already have a good paying job. This leads to a desire to want nice things. Crazy, huh?

tipsymcgee

Let me be clear. I require a nice place to sit down and eat like a civilized human being. I'm even so crazy as to demand a nutritious menu. Heresy, huh? :)

Well, I'm thankful for what we have anywhere....growing up around here it was a big treat to go to Rustler, Peking, Halfway House and we practically lived off Hardee's back then. Then we got a Western Steer, what options! Occasionally we'd go up to Zayre in the shopping center by Allentown Road and go to Chesapeake Bay Seafood House, now that was a treat and only a little less than an hour away!.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

That. There is also the simple fact that few people understand how precarious the business model is for restaurants in general.

fatratcat

I'm all for it! The people selling all the junk at the "farmer's market" need a place to live closer to work.

Now that's just funny! I don't care who you are! Hell, maybe we should just let them set up squatters shack in the market. After all, it wouldn't make it look any worse and I did bitch about commuting...LOL!

fatratcat

That I do. But there is always so much............misinformation and downright stupidity in some of these threads that an adult needs to supervise them.

Consider it a "blue ocean" exercise.

At least you admit to being nothing more than a carpetbagger. Let me save a you a google search... "a nonresident or new resident who seeks private gain from an area often by meddling in its business or politics." Pretty patronizing that you think the people of CH need your help. Good to know your "authority" is that of a self-appointed blow hard with literally no stake in the community. I can only assume that you are through solving all of the problems in your own community, which isn't even in St. Mary's county.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Restaurants are easy. Find a place. Open it up. Go in day one. Get to work.

And never leave.

Ever.

Bars too. Get yrself a restaurant, two bars, one with live bands on weekends...throw in a couple rental cottages...a small 12-room hotel...oh what the heck, might as well include a carryout liquor, snacks, groceries and bait/tackle store to round it all out. And a gas dock.

It freakin' 'bout killed me, it did. :doh: Never, ever again.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
At least you admit to being nothing more than a carpetbagger. Let me save a you a google search... "a nonresident or new resident who seeks private gain from an area often by meddling in its business or politics." Pretty patronizing that you think the people of CH need your help. Good to know your "authority" is that of a self-appointed blow hard with literally no stake in the community. I can only assume that you are through solving all of the problems in your own community, which isn't even in St. Mary's county.

So what if I don't live there? That's means I have no dog in the fight, and if you've noticed, I have not, not once and not ever, offered an opinion on what should happen in Charlotte Hall.

Unlike you who has openly admitted you want commercial development, water and sewer as well as suburban sprawl just so your property value goes up and the Hell with the cost because you'll be leaving.

All I've done, and do, is participate to respond to stupid statements and correct wrong information.

In those cases, if these threads were a baseball game, you hit into a double play every time you come up to bat.

fatratcat

So what if I don't live there? That's means I have no dog in the fight, and if you've noticed, I have not, not once and not ever, offered an opinion on what should happen in Charlotte Hall.

Unlike you who has openly admitted you want commercial development, water and sewer as well as suburban sprawl just so your property value goes up and the Hell with the cost because you'll be leaving.

All I've done, and do, is participate to respond to stupid statements and correct wrong information.

In those cases, if these threads were a baseball game, you hit into a double play every time you come up to bat.

Rationalization, projection, equivocation, and minimization...all deceptive indicators...all in a single statement. Sums you right up. Carpetbagger. I'll keep with your baseball analogy. Ray Charles has better chance of hitting a home run than you!

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Rationalization, projection, equivocation, and minimization...all deceptive indicators...all in a single statement. Sums you right up. Carpetbagger. I'll keep with your baseball analogy. Ray Charles has better chance of hitting a home run than you!

So a typical response from someone who doesn't seem to remember what he says from one day to another.

If you weren't so full of #### no one would pay any attention to you but every statement you make proves you don't know your head from a hole in the ground despite being corrected in your incorrect beliefs and statements by me among multitudes of others.

As for me, I'm done engaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. Stick that in your blue ocean.

You're a fed, right? No goddam wonder things are so ####ed up if you're an example of critical thinking and understanding. But you're not, so that's a plus.

Clem72

Bars too. Get yrself a restaurant, two bars, one with live bands on weekends...throw in a couple rental cottages...a small 12-room hotel...oh what the heck, might as well include a carryout liquor, snacks, groceries and bait/tackle store to round it all out. And a gas dock.

It freakin' 'bout killed me, it did. :doh: Never, ever again.

Which one 'bout killed you? Was it the bait/tackle store and having to listen to everyone's fish stories?