Christmas Presents

Should Christmas presents be under the tree before Christmas Eve?

• Yes

Votes: 33 80.5%
  • No

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

smile

Okay, the boyfriend and I were having a discussion :confused: last night about whether or not Christmas presents should be put under the tree before Christmas Eve. If you put a few presents under the tree before Christmas Eve please vote yes. If you think you shouldn't put presents underneath the tree until Christmas Eve then please vote no. Whichever gets the most votes out of 30 will decide whether or not we keep the presents under the tree!!

:dance: :clap:

smile

Issue?

Well I do have a daugther and that isn't the issue. We both agree that presents for kids don't go under the tree until Santa Claus comes on Christmas Eve. The issue is whether or not presents for family members and ourselves should go under the tree once they are wrapped. It isn't that big of a deal, he just grew up that no matter who they were for they went under the tree Christmas Eve. I grew up with always having a few presents under the tree before hand. I agree with, it just looks nicer :crazy:

We decided we would ask 30 people and whoever won we would do that. Just an easy way to compromise I guess!

:getdown: :banana:

donbarzini

Yeah, if you've got kids and they still believe then, no, nothing under the tree until the 24th. Otherwise, okay.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Presents? We have no stinkin' presents...everyone was bad this year. :burning: lol

If we did they would go under the tree. :yay: When the kids were little they would buy each other a gift. They went under the tree and were allowed to open them Chjristmas eve. Santa's gifts came out after they were asleep.

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch
Re: Issue?

Originally posted by smile
Well I do have a daugther and that isn't the issue. We both agree that presents for kids don't go under the tree until Santa Claus comes on Christmas Eve. The issue is whether or not presents for family members and ourselves should go under the tree once they are wrapped. It isn't that big of a deal, he just grew up that no matter who they were for they went under the tree Christmas Eve. I grew up with always having a few presents under the tree before hand. I agree with, it just looks nicer :crazy:

We decided we would ask 30 people and whoever won we would do that. Just an easy way to compromise I guess!

:getdown: :banana:

Well, IMO a few presents should go under the tree before Christmas Eve. I always thought it looked better that way. If you have kids that still "believe", those presents shouldn't go underneath till Christmas Eve

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba
We always put everything under the tree as soon as it was wrapped. On Christmas Eve, Santa came and left each of us kids a pile of unwrapped presents lined up by the tree on the hearth. Our stockings stayed empty until Santa came too.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Waiting to put them under the tree is just plain weird to me! I've NEVER heard of such a thing. When they're wrapped they go under the tree, and that's the end of it.

CowGirlUp

Yeee hawww
Originally posted by Ehesef
We always put everything under the tree as soon as it was wrapped. On Christmas Eve, Santa came and left each of us kids a pile of unwrapped presents lined up by the tree on the hearth. Our stockings stayed empty until Santa came too.

Same here .....:dance:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Ehesef brings up another debate...

Santa presents - wrapped or unwrapped??

I always got my Santa gifts unwrapped and have anways done that for my chicklet. My new husband, however, was always used to them being wrapped. Too much hassle if you ask me, plus, then you have to make sure the Santa wrapping paper and gift tags are different than the Mom/Dad gift tags. The kids will notice if they're not...especially if they're a bit older.

I say that Santa gifts should come unwrapped! :cool:

ememdee19

Southern Beyotch

:yeahthat: My parents always went all out for Christmas. We came home one Christmas Eve from a friend's house and they had set it up to look like Santa had been there. Our Commodore 64 was set up and running on the dinner table, my bros Nintendo was sitting out along with my Cabbage Patch dolls. My Dad had even gone so far as to putting his boots on and leaving a trail of what looked like ashes to the fireplace. It was awesome!

CowGirlUp

Yeee hawww
Originally posted by PFgal

I always got my Santa gifts unwrapped and have anways done that for my chicklet. My new husband, however, was always used to them being wrapped. Too much hassle if you ask me, plus, then you have to make sure the Santa wrapping paper and gift tags are different than the Mom/Dad gift tags. The kids will notice if they're not...especially if they're a bit older.

Most of ours did...except for a few.

jeneisen

Indy Bound
See to me that is weird. As a kid it was always the element of surprise. Not knowing what I was getting was the best. I loved trying to guess what it was and then unwrapping them and it was a great feeling. I think walking into a room and seeing everything at once unwrapped takes away the surprise and the fun of Christmas but thats just how we did things growing up.

Ehesef

Yo Gabba Gabba

I never understood wrapping Santa presents, or even leaving them in the boxes. I thought Santa made all of the presents, why would he put them in a box? :confused:

smile

Now that to me is weird. When I was a kid Santa always brought a few gifts unwrapped, usually the big ones, and then wrapped the rest. It was always the fun part, unwrapping to see what Santa brought!!

CowGirlUp

Yeee hawww
Originally posted by ememdee19
:yeahthat: My parents always went all out for Christmas. We came home one Christmas Eve from a friend's house and they had set it up to look like Santa had been there. Our Commodore 64 was set up and running on the dinner table, my bros Nintendo was sitting out along with my Cabbage Patch dolls. My Dad had even gone so far as to putting his boots on and leaving a trail of what looked like ashes to the fireplace. It was awesome!

My aunt did that one year with a trail of m n m's from the easter bunny and then left the bag of mnm's spilt at the end of the trail like the easter bunny had dropped them. It was really cute...we got a kick out of it.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
I never understood wrapping Santa presents, or even leaving them in the boxes. I thought Santa made all of the presents, why would he put them in a box? :confused:

Yeah, he just tosses them in a bag and brings them...mine presents were always out of the boxes, set up, and in working order! :cheers:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
what, no hours of frustration while you try to hold down the wrapping paper on a present with one hand and finagle the tape from it's dispenser with your other one, while holding the beer that becomes your only shred of sanity before yelling "EFF IT!" and tossing all the gifts in the trash and yelling to your family and kids "Get over it, there ain't no santa claus anyway, dammit!" ... and not have the inevitable mess of torn and shredded wrapping paper to clean up Christmas morning ... and the wrapping paper balls you lovingly pitch at your kids/husband's/wive's/b-f's/g-f's/parent's heads? :shrug:

you guys take all the fun outta stuff. :frown:

I honestly gotta say, I've never heard of not wrapping presents -- regardless of "who" they are from. :ohwell: Never thought about it really ...