Climate Hypocrisy

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Free it up for what!!!??? You’d have it covered in more houses and solar farms in no time…. I don’t eat animals but I’d rather see sheep and cows out in the fields than solar panels and houses.

1728401088111.png

1728401069112.png

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

If you pay attention to DeSantis as a politician, his biggest strength is that he's always ready with a response no matter the topic. When he was asked about Kamala Harris attacking him for supposedly not taking her phone calls before Milton made landfall, the governor quickly pointed out that she's never once attempted to contact him during any other storm in the prior four years. He's never left dumbfounded or talking in circles.

It's more than that, though. When he answers a question, it's as if he's spent hours studying whatever topic is presented to him. I have to assume he doesn't have that much extra time on his hands and that his knowledge is just that extensive.

DeSantis would go on to bring up another key part of this discussion. Have hurricanes gotten more expensive despite being astronomically less deadly events? Sure, but that's not because of global warming causing them to be bigger and stronger than past hurricanes. It's because as the population has increased, the number of people and the amount of valuable property in the way of a storm is naturally going to increase. Hysteria need not apply. It's just simply math. More people equals more property which equals more costly damage.

Still, another reporter pushed the issue, suggesting Milton developing so quickly was unprecedented. Once again, DeSantis was ready.