CNN Hot Takes and Mis-Information

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
CNN Religious Commentator Says Jesus Would Want Unvaxxed To Skip Christmas Church Services

“I think that part of caring for one another, you know, the dictum of Jesus, who we celebrate His birth, is ‘love one another, show compassion, show mercy to each other,'” Beck continued. “So I think the message is that if we want to act like Jesus in these kind of times, we take care of each other. And if we’re going to gather in celebration, we have to do so safely, comfortably, and we have to give to one another that gift of peace and part of that is health and feeling like we’re gathering in a healthy environment.”

“And so I really hope as people gather in celebration, to celebrate the birth of Christ — who was about mercy and compassion and love of one another — that we keep that in mind,” Beck concluded. “It’s not about us. You know, I don’t think there’s any reason to say, ‘I’m not going to get vaccinated today’ — you know, maybe a health reason, but then you can’t come to church, be at services with other people right now. We have a responsibility to one another.”

Beck doubled down on his position in a tweet, saying, “Yep. I said it. I don’t think unvaccinated people should be gathering in churches for Christmas Eve / Day Masses. ‘Love thy neighbor,’ says the Savior.”

SamSpade

Good call on the leper remark. Jesus would HEAL them. There are things more important than following religious or societal rules.

There's actually a tiny bit in the Gospel account of one of Jesus' many interactions with lepers that I find amazing.

Matt 8:1-3
When Jesus came down from the mountainside, large crowds followed him. A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, “Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.” Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy.

Two things, both connected to the same issue. He touched him. Religious law said he could NOT. It would make him "unclean".
But more importantly - this was a leper. NO ONE touched him. Ever. This man hadn't had anyone touch him in years. We saw in many instances Jesus heal someone without even coming near them - but in this case, he chose to do something even more compassionate.

More to the point - I hate it when people take their OWN behavior and shoehorn it into what they believe Jesus would have done. They'd be more believable actually DOING what he DID do.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

~2 Corinthians 11:13-14

DaSDGuy

Hijinx

There are millions of unvaccinated people who live in America and are not spreading the Covid to anyone.
Why should they not go to Mass, Why should they not be allowed to work, why shouldn't they have the freedoms of every other American.

Those who would get the shot--------get it---I got it. unvaccinated people do not threaten me, they don't frighten me, they don't bother me one way ot the other.
Many who have the shot are spreading the Covid as bad as those who did not.

This vaccination BS is becoming intolerable.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I've always wondered if the antibodies created by the vaccine prevent, rather than work with, natural antibodies acquired from an infection. IE, is the injection making antibody production less effective?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Anyway, this pretty much proves that many of our so-called religious leaders don't believe in God or anything they preach. If Fr. Beck did believe in God, and Christ, and the Bible he would never say such a thing for any amount of money because he'd know it meant eternal damnation. But he is clearly an atheist who thinks that's all rubbish, therefore he wants his fame and wealth right now. And yet millions of so-called Christians will bow down before him and worship him as a prophet.

Just like our Democrat politicians don't believe covid is a real threat, or that masks/vaccines do anything to prevent infection. How we know is that they don't mask or social distance in their personal life. I'm beginning to doubt they're even really vaccinated.

If you worship people who are "do as I say, not as I do", you are a moron and the rest of us don't have to bow down to your idols. If you REALLY believed in God, Jesus, and the Bible you wouldn't be worshiping false prophets and idols.

I'm on a Corinthians kick today:

No, I imply that what pagans sacrifice they offer to demons and not to God. I do not want you to be participants with demons. You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons. You cannot partake of the table of the Lord and the table of demons.
~1 Corinthians 10:20-21

SamSpade

Anyway, this pretty much proves that many of our so-called religious leaders don't believe in God or anything they preach.

Oh I think they DO, on some level. The Bible says "oh so you say you believe in God? So do the demons - and they shudder".
I think lots of people give lip service to what they believe but don't do it. People all over the world BELIEVE in things but don't demonstrate it by their actions. That they love their neighbor - and then wish they would DIE from the COVID. People believe in good nutrition and exercise, but don't DO it.

I can at least respect someone humble enough NOT to pass judgment on others for something they're struggling with also.

All my adult life, especially near the beginning, I knew people who prayed hours every day, studied the Scriptures and did charitable work to show their faith - but what they really believed in wasn't God so much as it was the institutions they participated in, and the structured life they practiced. They claim to worship God, but their words show they really worship themselves. Remember, Jesus himself encountered this all the time - people who meticulously followed the Law because they believed it was the way to God, but totally overlooked the whole PURPOSE of the Law. You know - taking the speck out of your brother's eye but missing the LOG in their own. Straining their drink to prevent swallowing a gnat (an unclean thing) but swallowing a whole camel. They could not see it.

Hijinx

Going to 8 O'Clock Mass today and put myself at risk again.
Funny I don't even think about it being a risk.

I believe I am more at risk driving there than being at the Mass-- maskless.

Hijinx

Imagine being a Democrat and getting fed a constant diet of that. No wonder they're all violent and psychotic.

I lied the one about tha babies dying from having white Doctors.
It's probably true. But there is a reason. How many Doctor are white as compared to black Doctors.
I would say 80% of the babies are born having white Doctors while 20% are born having a black Doctor.
Figures do not lie, but liars figure.

Those are my figures, but I doubt they are far wrong.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How many Doctor are white as compared to black Doctors.
I would say 80% of the babies are born having white Doctors while 20% are born having a black Doctor.

Also I will suggest that black newborns are more likely to be born to mothers with health issues, and by health issues I mean drug and alcohol addictions, that affect the health of their newborn. But notice how they twist the story to imply that white doctors are outright killing black newborns?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
CNN Medical Expert Doubles Down That Cloth Masks Were Never Appropriate For COVID-19

CNN’s medical expert Dr. Leana Wen doubled down on her recent comments that cloth masks are nothing more “decorative” face-coverings and essentially useless against the coronavirus. On Tuesday morning, Wen highlighted the clip and implored Americans to wear medical-grade masks to slow the spread of COVID-19.

“Cloth masks are not appropriate for this pandemic,” Wen told CNN’s John Berman on Christmas Eve. “It’s not appropriate for Omicron, it was not appropriate for Delta, Alpha, or any of the previous variants either because we’re dealing with something that’s airborne. We’re dealing with a virus that’s extremely contagious.”

“At the very beginning of the pandemic, we didn’t know about masking,” she continued, “And then we didn’t have enough high-quality masks for health care workers and so we were trying to ration those. But then pretty quickly we recognized that COVID is airborne, and also that there are really high-quality masks that protect us from getting COVID.”

However, she encouraged viewers to double mask with “high-quality” masks typically used in a medical setting.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Most of us knew from the git-go that most of these masks were, and are, useless. How many complained that their glasses fogged? Glasses that are outside the mask! If water vapor can penetrate the mask, then guess what. So can a virus that's considerably smaller than a water droplet.

Science.