Coffee

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
A lot of the stores used to have a grinder in the coffee aisle. I haven't seen one in a long time.
I never used one of those. I have a grinder at home. It's nice to have when I accidentally purchase whole beans.

PJay

A lot of the stores used to have a grinder in the coffee aisle. I haven't seen one in a long time.

Right. Really getting tired of having a hard time finding what was always there before. Grrr

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I never used one of those. I have a grinder at home. It's nice to have when I accidentally purchase whole beans.

I had one but it drove the dog crazy so I had to listen to the loud grinder AND this crazy pooch losing his chit.

PJay

It's so frustrating. Another reason I hate to shop.

I keep hoping things will get better, but seems it's one thing after another. Store shelves here in Louisiana are still not stocked full after Covid. When I ask why, they say because they have no workers. I can understand that because we are having a hard time finding men for construction work. None want to work! Ones that show for a day or two, haven't a tool or vehicle. I could go on..but won't. Sorry. Back to coffee talk.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
So, we've switched from Starbucks to Dunkin' Donuts to Peets. And there's a blue bag, Kona?
If its a dark roast, we try it. Found Dunkin' Midnight, gonna try that.

Ground whole beans this morning of Peets Major Dickason's Blend. Smelled wonderful grinding and dripping.

I don't taste a difference. Maybe it's all the cream I add?

Anyway, it didn't take any time to grind, and the cats didn't climb the walls with the sound of the grinder, so I'll finish up this bag but probably go back to ground.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I use the grinder to keep my knives razor sharp. It seems like it would be dangerous to try to pulverize coffee beans with that thing.