Cold Snap Coming

TPD

the poor dad
how far in the booonies are you? in-house or out-house LOL
in-house just recently....

We are almost a mile off of the main road. My daughter applied to the county 2 years ago for the "last mile" internet 'rona funds to get cable installed. Initially she was told that the funds ran out so she wasn't getting it. She called Breezeline and got a quote of $6000-$8000 to run the cable to the farm. She declined and daddy refused to pay for it. Then about 3 months ago, she got a call from the county stating that new funds had been found and she was now on the list for cable internet. Breezeline laid the line about 3 weeks ago and then came out on Monday to make the connection to the house.

And everyone lived happily ever after - indoor plumbing and cable internet - what more could one ask for!?! (well maybe the blue pill...)

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
This is a pellet stove, and yes. 30,000 btus (I think...). I heat the entire lower floor with this alone, my primary heat source, 1 bag a day, 74* day, 65* at night. The vents have high volume fans so they push the heat out into the space.
Ahhh, mine's a wood burner. Mommy Dearest doesn't want it installed and the fireplace is in her half of the duplex, so it's in storage. The damned thing weighs a ton. I'm going to have to hire a crew to move it in and slide it into the fireplace.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
We have both, in either end of the house.

Won't the pellet stove be useless when the power is out?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I just finished chunking up the wood stove that heats our 2500 sf shop..which is under our 2500 sf office and lab space. The latter has a complete HVAC heat pump plus electric booster system but it makes a huge difference how well that works in cold weather, depending on the heat the woodstove produces underneath it.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I think I've said before, I loved everything about it. I could chop wood too! (#badass)
Haven't done that in a long time. (#soft)
Yeah, my wood chopping days are behind me. Used to have a hydraulic splitter and felled many a huge oak, but not anymore...

ontheriver

Just went to take the midget outside. Damn, that wind ontheriver is brutal. Now I really miss the wood stove.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I just finished chunking up the wood stove that heats our 2500 sf shop..which is under our 2500 sf office and lab space. The latter has a complete HVAC heat pump plus electric booster system but it makes a huge difference how well that works in cold weather, depending on the heat the woodstove produces underneath it.
So...the stove pipe goes up thru the floor and ends in SGI's office?

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
in-house just recently.....

And everyone lived happily ever after - indoor plumbing and cable internet - what more could one ask for!?! (well maybe the blue pill...)
Sounds like a great location to be NOW with the interwebs available. hopefully it doesn't come with a $300 a month bill.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Emergency call came out today to clean the furnace chimney. It had clogged, due to me not thinking to have it cleaned, and was blowing CO2 back into the house.
Glad to hear that you are alright.
CO2 detector warn you?