Coming Red Wave 2022

SamSpade

At least the House was flipped.
Yabbut - what I don't get was, even since January 21 - I took it as a foregone conclusion that the House would flip because:

1. The Dems had about the slimmest majority in American history and
2. A TYPICAL mid-term after a new party enters the White House - is about 25 seats. That's about average. It's looking like maybe 10-12.

In the Senate - there's still a path - I'm thinking at this point, Johnson and Laxalt both win, putting the GOP at 50.
So it all comes down to Herschel Walker. IF Warnock is held to a runoff - well anything can happen. The votes are there.
I still don't know HOW two GOP candidates lost in a runoff, when Perdue WON in the general, but lost the runoff, getting even fewer votes - and Loeffler, although coming in second - there were more Republican votes total. The only thing that makes sense is - somehow a lot of GOP voters just didn't show up, because Warnock got almost exactly the aggregate number of all of the Dem candidates - and she didn't.

Agee

Late to the party...

So MD's "republican" Governor backed the democratic candidate to replace him...
UFB!
last thing this state needs is a democratic governor!

stgislander

PREMO Member
Late to the party...

So MD's "republican" Governor backed the democratic candidate to replace him...
UFB!
last thing this state needs is a democratic governor!
I think by now everyone realizes there are two types of Reps in MD. The traditional country club Wash-Balt corridor Reps like Larry, and then the Gingrich-TEA Party Reps. The country club types still control the levers of power in the MD Rep party.

stgislander

PREMO Member
So what do the results of yesterday's election tell us about the state of political polls and polling? Somebody got it really wrong.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
So what do the results of yesterday's election tell us about the state of political polls and polling. Somebody got it really wrong.
That they’re worthless.

I’ve no intentions of giving strangers any answers on random phone calls.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So what do the results of yesterday's election tell us about the state of political polls and polling? Somebody got it really wrong.

Tells me Americans want to eat Chef Boyardee and not have heat in the winter.

Yesterday on Twitter I saw this regarding DeSantis' win:

That is quintessential Democrat and at some point you're just.... :shocking:

If there were a civics test as a prerequisite to voting we'd never see another Democrat elected in this country again.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Tells me Americans want to eat Chef Boyardee and not have heat in the winter.

Yesterday on Twitter I saw this regarding DeSantis' win:

That is quintessential Democrat and at some point you're just.... :shocking:

If there were a civics test as a prerequisite to voting we'd never see another Democrat elected in this country again.

But Florida is going to be the outlier in this election. Many other places where they said Reps had a very good chance to flip (cough... cough... NY Gov) were just plain wrong.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But Florida is going to be the outlier in this election. Many other places where they said Reps had a very good chance to flip (cough... cough... NY Gov) were just plain wrong.

I think this election settles it - Americans want to be drug addicted crime victims who live in poverty and they want sexual predators to take over their children.

The good news is now that we know, we can take steps to protect ourselves personally against the Democrat agenda. And after I'm dead and gone I don't give a chit what the progs do to this country. They're only hurting themselves and their children. It's a shame, but oh well.