• Ride Share

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Commuter Bus

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
I commute to Upper Marlboro and I am having a hard time dealing with the rising gas prices. I would like to know how other commuters are dealing.

I heard that by summer the gas prices could be near $5 a gallon. I can't even think about paying double what I do now each month. I am interested in the alternatives.

What's your stories and thoughts and feelings? TIA :flowers:

Pandora

LexiGirl75 said:
I commute to Upper Marlboro and I am having a hard time dealing with the rising gas prices. I would like to know how other commuters are dealing.

I heard that by summer the gas prices could be near $5 a gallon. I can't even think about paying double what I do now each month. I am interested in the alternatives.

What's your stories and thoughts and feelings? TIA :flowers:

Lexi,

You are a state employee correct? :confused:

No need to answer that out in the open, but if so, then start applying for other jobs closer to home, they are popping up everywhere, if not, sorry for the assumption.

Last edited:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
If gas hits 5 bucks a gallon, Ill be selling my Ranger and buying another motorcycle... I was getting like 35-40 mpg on it...

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I commuted to DC for 36 years and I am sure glad I don't have to now....It is killing me just going back & forth to Leonardtown...My son works in DC now and he rides the bus and loves it....His commute is to Charlotte Hall and back..

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
I am interested in knowing more about the commuter bus option.

How much does it cost?

How long does it take in comparison to driving?

How are the people?

Is there a bathroom?

Does anyone know about the ones that travel along Rt 4?

TIA

sushisamba

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrr
LexiGirl75 said:
I am interested in knowing more about the commuter bus option.

How much does it cost?

How long does it take in comparison to driving?

How are the people?

Is there a bathroom?

Does anyone know about the ones that travel along Rt 4?

TIA
www.mtamaryland.com

Pandora

Dupontster said:
I commuted to DC for 36 years and I am sure glad I don't have to now....It is killing me just going back & forth to Leonardtown...My son works in DC now and he rides the bus and loves it....His commute is to Charlotte Hall and back..

I did that commute from Waldorf to DC for a year. The time, the traffic, the aggravation, all of it, was hard, 36-years, no way. :boo:

I get annoyed sitting in a little back up in Hughesville.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Pandora said:
I did that commute from Waldorf to DC for a year. The time, the traffic, the aggravation, all of it, was hard, 36-years, no way. :boo:

I get annoyed sitting in a little back up in Hughesville.

Back when I was doing it, it wasn't so bad and I was in a car pool...It got really bad toward the end just before I retired...

aps45819: Aren't there some programs that pay govt. workers to use public transportation?

Yes there are and it is an excellent plan....