Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Commuter Bus

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Pandora said:
Take the :katie: method of travel and ride your bike. You could put a cute little honking horn on it and a basket. :yay:

:yikes: And leave tire tracks on my living room rug??!! :faint:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Pandora said:
Take the :katie: method of travel and ride your bike. You could put a cute little honking horn on it and a basket. :yay:

I would. But trying to figure out how to strap the carseats on my bike is a bit tricky.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
jwwb2000 said:
I would. But trying to figure out how to strap the carseats on my bike is a bit tricky.
:lol: You could pull them behind you on skateboards. I saw a kid do it on CHiPs once. :yay:

cholo

¡Tengo una tarjeta verde!
LexiGirl75 said:
I am interested in knowing more about the commuter bus option.

How much does it cost?
Depends. You have to figure out what "zone" you are in here

How long does it take in comparison to driving?
It adds about 10-15 minutes to your travel time, due to the # of stops the bus makes.

How are the people?
Generally pleasant, but I'm antisocial and never talked to anyone when I rode.

Is there a bathroom?
Yes, but you really don't want to use it unless you absolutely can't wait until you get home.

Does anyone know about the ones that travel along Rt 4?
I don't think any of them make stops in Upper Marlboro.

TIA

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
aps45819 said:
Aren't there some programs that pay govt. workers to use public transportation?

Well I have been told that we can get a shuttle called The Bus at the Equestrian Center for no charge. It goes directly to our building but I haven't heard of any other offerings.

Otter... I thought you said your new ride was a stang... Pete just PMed me photo proof of you and Catt that says different...:tap:

Attachments

• Ott&Catt.jpg
    Ott&Catt.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 90

CMC122

Go Braves!
kwillia said:
Otter... I thought you said your new ride was a stang... Pete just PMed me photo proof of you and Catt that says different...:tap:
:lmao:

Who is that woman:really: It sure as hell isn't Catt:popcorn:

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
cholo said:

Thanks for the answers. yeah, I kind of figured it had one and I imagine how the people who get stuck back there feel.

10-15mins is not bad at all. You are right I don't see it often but I have seen it more than once, commuter buses along Rt 4. I think one of the stops is at about the Routes 2/4 intersection.

Otter

Nothing to see here
LexiGirl75 said:
Thanks for the answers. yeah, I kind of figured it had one and I imagine how the people who get stuck back there feel.

10-15mins is not bad at all. You are right I don't see it often but I have seen it more than once, commuter buses along Rt 4. I think one of the stops is at about the Routes 2/4 intersection.

Dillon buses stop at the Equestrian Center..All of the beach people(North,Chesapeake) ride Dillon buses. The 2/4 intersection is serviced by Keller buses and Keller buses do not stop at Upper Marlboro as far as I know.

Softballkid said:
If gas hits 5 bucks a gallon, Ill be selling my Ranger and buying another motorcycle... I was getting like 35-40 mpg on it...
I get 35MPG with my Focus. That's why I bought it. Cheap(ish) car with high gas milage.

LexiGirl75

100% Goapele Head!
otter said:
Dillon buses stop at the Equestrian Center..All of the beach people(North,Chesapeake) ride Dillon buses. The 2/4 intersection is serviced by Keller buses and Keller buses do not stop at Upper Marlboro as far as I know.

Grand... thanks Mr. O :yay: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy

That name rings a bell. Now I can research the Dillon bus company. Big ups to leadway. :dance:

LexiGirl75 said:
Grand... thanks Mr. O :yay: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy

That name rings a bell. Now I can research the Dillon bus company. Big ups to leadway. :dance:
The dillon schedules and prices are on the MD MTA website that was posted earlier.