Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Commuter Bus

Votes: 6 18.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Softballkid said:
If gas hits 5 bucks a gallon, Ill be selling my Ranger and buying another motorcycle... I was getting like 35-40 mpg on it...
Buy a different one.. I've got an 1150 that gets beween 45 and 50/55

itsbob

I bowl overhand
LexiGirl75 said:
I commute to Upper Marlboro and I am having a hard time dealing with the rising gas prices. I would like to know how other commuters are dealing.

I heard that by summer the gas prices could be near $5 a gallon. I can't even think about paying double what I do now each month. I am interested in the alternatives.

What's your stories and thoughts and feelings? TIA :flowers:
Just remember, that whichever route you take, when the gas prices go up, so does the fare.

itsbob said:
Just remember, that whichever route you take, when the gas prices go up, so does the fare.
Bus fares don't go up often. Only 1 increase in the 4 years I have been taking it that I can remember.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
LexiGirl75 said:
That's cute.

Working from home is an excellent option to have. :yay:

Telecommuting, if more people did it, would put a hurtin' on oil companies, I think. It would probably also reduce the need for big expensive buildings. I say, make cube farms extinct and instead use conference facilities, telephones, and the Internet to do most functions. There is no substitute for face-to-face meetings sometimes, and that's when a good-sized office works for a manager to meet with a few folks, and a conference room works for 12+ people. I still drive in to the base when needed for meetings, but I don't burn half as much gas as I used to, and I probably burn less than a third as much.

Sadly for my wife and me, the reason for the telecommuting is my wife's health condition, which I wouldn't wish on anybody.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
huntr1 said:
Bus fares don't go up often. Only 1 increase in the 4 years I have been taking it that I can remember.
If gas hits $5 a gallon, you can bet the fares will spike..

RoMary

Commuters, what is your current method

I traded in my gas guzzler V8 full size pickup truck for a hybrid Toyota Prius. Now I average 45 mph and since I commute from LaPlata to Old Town Alexandria Mon-Fri I'm loving the savings. I figure even if gas prices triple, I'll still be saving money.

K

Katie

My method is biking to work, and I could walk to work.

Tomorrow I have to drive to work because we are doing a clothing drive and I have to bring stuff to the Shelter.

I really wish it was more bike friendly in St. Mary's.