Cosmetic Surgery. Yes or No?

kelb

art imitating life
I think if its for reconstructive reasons Its a great thing. But ya got whatcha ya got! All of us have things that we dont like but like someone said earlier. surgery is surgery... my big huge B cups are find just where they are :)

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
To my Green Karma Giver:

I called my doctor's office for prescription to dry up the milk. However, they said they do not give out prescription for that and all OB/GYN and family doctors have stopped prescripting that for many years.

The recommendation to dry the milk up is wear the tight sport bra over the ace bandage real tightly wrapped. I told them that I am unable to find a 34 G sport bras anywhere. They said it is not thier problems about unable to find bigger bra sizes.

What a crappy recommendation! Looks like I am going have to put up with heavy breasts for awhile and dealing with back pain from the "weight" on my small frame. :jameo:

Thanks for your help.

Strawberrygal

sockgirl77

To my Green Karma Giver:

I called my doctor's office for prescription to dry up the milk. However, they said they do not give out prescription for that and all OB/GYN and family doctors have stopped prescripting that for many years.

The recommendation to dry the milk up is wear the tight sport bra over the ace bandage real tightly wrapped. I told them that I am unable to find a 34 G sport bras anywhere. They said it is not thier problems about unable to find bigger bra sizes.

What a crappy recommendation! Looks like I am going have to put up with heavy breasts for awhile and dealing with back pain from the "weight" on my small frame. :jameo:

Thanks for your help.

Strawberrygal

My doctor said that she would not prescribe it. She said that it was not healthy for my tatas.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
My doctor said that she would not prescribe it. She said that it was not healthy for my tatas.

That's what the office staff said. They said that they can not do prescription anymore for health reasons.

Whoever gave me the green karma about the prescription to dry the breastmilk must be an old timer. :smile: She meant well and was just trying to help.

Marie

I saw the thread about women and tattoos. What about cosmetic surgery? What's your opinion on that? It alters the bodies appearance, just like a tattoo does, only more permanently in some cases. There were some people stating that they thought that women who got tattoos looked trashy. What about women or even men, who want and get cosmetic surgery for their own personal benefit? For example, if a woman is unhappy with her small breasts and decides to get implants, would you consider that to be trashy? Or would it only be trashy looking only if she wore clothing that showed off her breasts? Or would you consider her to be courageous for doing something for herself, even though it meant to alter the appearance of her body?

I dont think theres anything wrong with the surgery if your willing to take the risk and depending on your motive. There have been folks that have died from Lypo suction. I am a member of IBTC "34B" but wont go under the knife for it. The say the sailine gets hard, alot of men dont like implants and I am to old to worry about it, besides my reasoning for doing it is wrong. I have gone under the knife before and had my nose tweaked, I had broken it as a child an had a bump on the ridge of it. I went to a good surgen, but one sides differnt than the other. Its less than the perfection I expected.
I also scar easily, Ive had surgery on two differnt occassions the results both times ok, but not fantastic. I say anyone that wants to go for it, go for it!

The body mods I object to is the freak stuff, all that does is cause negative attention. Plus what happens if the person ever grows up? I think folks should have to be evaluated by a shrink before tattoing there whole face to look like a lepord, or having their ears and ridges on there scull by surrical implants to look like an alien. How would you like to take Sandra home to meet mom or church on Sunday?
ModBlog - “I scare kids!” - Body modification and ritual blog sponsored by BMEzine.com

Attachments

• sandra-xray-1.jpg
    sandra-xray-1.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 60
  • iguana-mike.jpg
    iguana-mike.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

dobeday1

I dont think theres anything wrong with the surgery if your willing to take the risk and depending on your motive. There have been folks that have died from Lypo suction. I am a member of IBTC "34B" but wont go under the knife for it. The say the sailine gets hard, alot of men dont like implants and I am to old to worry about it, besides my reasoning for doing it is wrong. I have gone under the knife before and had my nose tweaked, I had broken it as a child an had a bump on the ridge of it. I went to a good surgen, but one sides differnt than the other. Its less than the perfection I expected.
I also scar easily, Ive had surgery on two differnt occassions the results both times ok, but not fantastic. I say anyone that wants to go for it, go for it!

The body mods I object to is the freak stuff, all that does is cause negative attention. Plus what happens if the person ever grows up? I think folks should have to be evaluated by a shrink before tattoing there whole face to look like a lepord, or having their ears and ridges on there scull by surrical implants to look like an alien. How would you like to take Sandra home to meet mom or church on Sunday?
ModBlog - “I scare kids!” - Body modification and ritual blog sponsored by BMEzine.com

I can understand your concerns about going under the knife. I have already had my cosmetic surgery. I have breast implants. I have saline under the muscle implants. Over the muscle tends to make the breasts lopok like balls just sitting on top of your chest. Silicone is the substance that can get hard and cause problems. If an implant leaks silicone, it does not dissolve. It hardens. Saline dissolves if the implants leak. I got my implants at age 42. I am now 49. I would do it all over again. Honestly! I won't lie, there is pain associated with it. But the doctor gives pain meds to ease some of the pain. I have not had any problems with my breast implants. But I feel blessed. There have been some nightmare stories out there about implants.

I believe that when a person changes their body image, and does it for the right reasons, and for their own benefit, then they should do it. As long as they have researched the surgery first. I had wanted breast implants since I was about 20 years old. But just never had it done. Then when I turned 42, I decided that you're never to old to change, so I did it. And I wanted it for me. You can not tell that I have breast implants. Even my doctor forgot that I had implants when she did my yearly exam. I had to remind her. She even complimented on the incision scar. It is so faint that she could hardly even notice it, until I reminded her that I have implants. :yahoo:

dobeday1

I say do it, you only live once. I plan on getting a boob job after I have my last child because of all the breast feeding.
Its really what you think that matters though.
Its only trashy when your nips are pointing up to the sky when you're standing.

I did. I had my breast surgery back in 2000. I have saline under the muscle. You can't even tell that they are implants. Actually, they are so soft, that I am thinking about going back in to see my surgeon and maybe getting them redone, so that they can have that firmness again. But I'm not sure if I want the pain of after the surgery again.

T

toppick08

I did. I had my breast surgery back in 2000. I have saline under the muscle. You can't even tell that they are implants. Actually, they are so soft, that I am thinking about going back in to see my surgeon and maybe getting them redone, so that they can have that firmness again. But I'm not sure if I want the pain of after the surgery again.

:drool:

:lmao:

:howdy:

Phina

Where did you live before you moved to Maryland? How long have you lived here?

I just relocated from Colorado. All of my crap is in storage until I find a place here to plant myself. :lmao: Right now I am in a hotel, and tomorrow I am relocating to a hotel closer to the base. I don't mind having someone clean my room and make my bed every day, but I will be so glad to get out of here!