Cotton Pickin'

SamSpade

especially the one's of color.

They're not going to, because they define "racist" differently - they use it to mean someone who abuses their privileged position in society to injure those they are prejudiced against.
Hence, a small minority cannot be racist, because they don't hold all the power. You will hear people of color say they cannot be racist - and that all white people ARE.

I disagree, but for a couple provisos.

One is, I use the less confusing term - bigotry. Under their definition, it's still bigotry to mistreat someone based on their race, ethnicity and so forth.

But their definition of "power" is too broad - you can experience "racism" regionally where a white person is in the clear minority - such as when you get thumped by a gang of youths
for riding your bike through a neighborhood or screamed at and hassled because you're walking through "the wrong neighborhood" (both of which I've experienced) for no other reason
than because you're a different race. It is still racism. This is my second observation - you can claim that because of national statistics that a black or Latino is in the minority, but
there exist huge areas of urban America where day to day life - every day - you will be in the minority, whether it's the store, the street, or anywhere you might go.

Hijinx

They're not going to, because they define "racist" differently - they use it to mean someone who abuses their privileged position in society to injure those they are prejudiced against.
Hence, a small minority cannot be racist, because they don't hold all the power. You will hear people of color say they cannot be racist - and that all white people ARE.

I disagree, but for a couple provisos.

One is, I use the less confusing term - bigotry. Under their definition, it's still bigotry to mistreat someone based on their race, ethnicity and so forth.

But their definition of "power" is too broad - you can experience "racism" regionally where a white person is in the clear minority - such as when you get thumped by a gang of youths
for riding your bike through a neighborhood or screamed at and hassled because you're walking through "the wrong neighborhood" (both of which I've experienced) for no other reason
than because you're a different race. It is still racism. This is my second observation - you can claim that because of national statistics that a black or Latino is in the minority, but
there exist huge areas of urban America where day to day life - every day - you will be in the minority, whether it's the store, the street, or anywhere you might go.

Another good one Sam.