Countdown.........

Mikeinsmd

crabcake said:
Alright; here's what happened ... the 5 and 48 cars slowed down to hit pit road, Carl was comin' like a bat outta hell, and had nowhere to go but to the left of them, then hauled ass around them and back out in front of them and onto the track. While he didn't hit the commit line, he pretty much was in the area for going to pit road, and probably should have just proceeded down pit road instead of cutting back out. The reason I say that is because with the limited visibility right/left that drivers have, he wouldn't have known that it was clear for him to do that, and I don't think his spotter told him "Hey, you're clear, jump back out onto the track." :ohwell:

As much as it sucks, technically, he DID pass below the yellow b/c neither Johnson nor Busch had passed the commit line either, even though he lost positions in the process. But had JJ or Busch (who is the LAST person I'd defend) decided to not hit pit road, he'd have gained position on them.
Thank you CC.... And that's Crabcake, our embedded reporter on Pit Row. Now back to Jeff and Larry in the booth.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Mikeinsmd said:
Thank you CC.... And that's Crabcake, our embedded reporter on Pit Row. Now back to Jeff and Larry in the booth.
:roflmao: :roflmao:

Now, Jimmy Spencer, who I utterly respect for clocking sKurt Busch :notworthy:, needs to STHU ... yea, Carl did what he had to do by going low to avoid the wreck, but he DIDN'T do what he needed to do by ducking back out in front of two other cars that HADN'T committed to pit road yet, and one of which still wasn't even below the yellow line completely. :ohwell:

And this, my fellow redneck, nascar loving friends, is why the DVR is a great thing! :biggrin:

Mikeinsmd

crabcake said:
:roflmao: :roflmao: Now, Jimmy Spencer, who I utterly respect for clocking sKurt Busch :notworthy:, needs to STHU ... yea, Carl did what he had to do by going low to avoid the wreck, but he DIDN'T do what he needed to do by ducking back out in front of two other cars that HADN'T committed to pit road yet, and one of which still wasn't even below the yellow line completely. :ohwell: And this, my fellow redneck, nascar loving friends, is why the DVR is a great thing! :biggrin:
Jimmy Spencer, another blowhard who needs to fade away at a faster pace. :duh:

crabcake

Mikeinsmd said:
Yea, he's definately not 'broadcaster' material ... he stammers like a second grader with a speech impediment every other sentence. :ohwell:

He oughta just go truck racing and stick with that. :lol:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Mikeinsmd said:
You guys ever consider doing a blow-by-blow race analysis for NEXTEL? :killingme

crabcake

Penn said:
You guys ever consider doing a blow-by-blow race analysis for NEXTEL? :killingme
I'd love to sit side-by-side with Mikey and give a first-hand, real-world, redneck analysis of the race the way WE see it. :biggrin: :cheers:

Mikeinsmd

Penn said:
I would consider blowing her.....er...a.... I mean doing something.....er....... you just watch us next week!!! :jet:

Mikeinsmd

crabcake said:
I'd love to sit side-by-side with Mikey and give a first-hand, real-world, redneck analysis of the race the way WE see it. :biggrin: :cheers:
Awwwwwwww........ :blushing: With our competitive support for different drivers, it'd be a blast!!! :huggy: :love:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Mikeinsmd said:
I would consider blowing her.....er...a.... I mean doing something.....er....... you just watch us next week!!! :jet:
I can't wait!!

I know it was the prelim, but man, that race was intense! It was as if everybody(the drivers, I mean) had something they had to prove.

There was testosterone out there, I tell ya! :lmao:

ocean733

So, how long is it before I can be guaranteed to be able to read my book and not have you want to talk to me?

(We all know that I will not be playing "waitress" for the game)

:lmao: :popcorn:

crabcake

Why is NOBODY acknowledging that kickass save by Mark Martin? :shrug: That took some serious skill that few demonstrate on (or off) the track. :yay:

Mikeinsmd

Penn said:
I can't wait!! I know it was the prelim, but man, that race was intense! It was as if everybody(the drivers, I mean) had something they had to prove. There was testosterone out there, I tell ya! :lmao:
That was a great race. Onedzee was here and I think I skeered her away!! :killingme

Mikeinsmd

ocean733 said:
So, how long is it before I can be guaranteed to be able to read my book and not have you want to talk to me?

(We all know that I will not be playing "waitress" for the game)

:lmao: :popcorn:
:confused:

Mikeinsmd

crabcake said:
Why is NOBODY acknowledging that kickass save by Mark Martin? :shrug: That took some serious skill that few demonstrate on (or off) the track. :yay:
That was an AWESOME save!!! I hope he had a talk with lil vile busch ofterwards.... :mad:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
crabcake said:
:howdy: I could report on the racers' outfits!

crabcake

Mikeinsmd said:
That was an AWESOME save!!! I hope he had a talk with lil vile busch ofterwards.... :mad:
:high5: Maybe they oughta contract with Spencer to hang around the track for issuing common sense pops in the jaw for crap like that. :lol:

crabcake

K_Jo said:
:howdy: I could report on the racers' outfits!
:poorbaby: This ain't a fashion show, KHo ... they're 'uniforms' ... outfits are for the runway. :wink:

But we'll bring you along and get you up to speed. :huggy:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
You know, the race announcers did a good job. I like listening to them, because they give you a clue what you should be noticing. Heads up on who needs to pit, when and if there's too much bumping going on, etc.

They called that mistake about Carl Edwards, and the camera came right over to it.

That was just wrong. Later, they replayed the conversation Edwards had with his boss. He was NOT a happy dude!

"Fukc that, I'm not comin' in!":killingme