Covid Hysteria 2023 / 2024

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
💉 So many emotions! Seen online:

image.png

First, if the feds aren’t forcing insurance companies to cover their newfangled boosters, then it is officially over. But of course they also have to lie about it being over, because as someone important — it’s on the tip of my tongue — as someone important once said, the truth is not in them.

Second, at least some the 2% of hardcore medical fetishists still taking the damned things are paying $180 for the privilege. That is commitment. (I assume some insurance systems are covering all or part of the cost.)

Finally, marvel at the logic that, while the jabs are lifesaving miracles, they aren’t worth $180 out of pocket. I wonder how much Mandy Mae would be willing to pay for the government’s snake oil? She didn’t say.

Clem72

I had to laugh at this article today:

So CVS is pulling products containing phenylephrine because it is not effective. When will they stop administering the 'rona shot, because you know, it's INEFFECTIVE!!
Well, they have known phenylephrine is ineffective for over 30 years. So going by that metric some time in the 2050s.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
💉 Get ready! They’re starting it up again, and I just can’t bring myself to run the same exact post for a third year in a row. So I’ll just show you. Behold the terrifying, annual, Fall “tripledemic:”

image 17.png

Bottom line, they want you to start taking three annual shots now, at least two of which are for their lab-created bugs that escaped (covid and RSV, probably). No, thank you. You keep those ones. My question is, where does this jab mania finally end? This delusion that mankind can invent a better immune system in a needle than the human immune system?

At some point will they have a 72-jab annual shot schedule, like the poor school children?

Stuff their tripledemic. Great job, public health, I’m a never-vaxxer now.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
💉 In case you wondered who at this point is still WANTING the boosters, behold this young lady, who has chronicled all her shot reactions on TikTok, including her very latest booster shot, which she took last week:

image.png

CLIP: Booster Gal describes reactions and side effects (2:47). Adult language.

Wow. I hardly know what to say about all that. I guess that’s how you know the shots are working. And please note that the boosted gal has not posted anything since her last update on October 17th, so … we hope she makes it. (Hat tip to the wonderful Texas Lindsay who combined the four daily TikToks.)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
💉 In case you wondered who at this point is still WANTING the boosters, behold this young lady, who has chronicled all her shot reactions on TikTok, including her very latest booster shot, which she took last week:
These people need a padded cell.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Mask Mandates Are Now In Effect In California, Where Insanity Resides

Just this past Wednesday, several counties in Northern California reinstated mask mandates in hospitals, nursing homes and other healthcare settings. This had been previously discussed as a possibility, but this week they made it official.

And in far left Marin and Santa Clara Counties, those rules apply not just to employees but to anyone entering those facilities. Contra Costa, Alameda, San Mateo and Sonoma Counties are set to yet again punish healthcare workers with forced masking, though haven’t extended those rules to the general public. Yet.

They’re back. And they’re not going away anytime soon.

Thanks to what has now become completely imaginable incompetence of local health officials, counties with a combined population of nearly 5.5 million people will now require masks in at least those settings until the end of March.

5.5 million people, roughly the population of Colorado or Minnesota, or Finland or Norway. Forced into masking in healthcare settings for five months. Why? Because of flu season, of course!

This is what the endless misinformation from Fauci, the CDC and other health “experts” has created: a permanent state of rolling mandates in far left areas unwilling to accept reality. It’s a culture of safetyism, where panicked administrators enact preemptive mandates that will, inevitably, accomplish nothing.

And it’s exactly why combating that misinformation remains as important as ever.

https://substackcdn.com/image/fetch...ab4-c9ac-490d-84e6-f556d2edd934_1024x683.jpeg

3CATSAILOR

Hollywood studio brings back mask mandate amid spike in COVID cases

Hollywood studio Lionsgate is returning to mask mandates for many of its employees amid rising COVID-19 cases reported in Los Angeles.

In an internal email obtained by Deadline, response manager for Lionsgate/Starz Sommer McElroy said that employees at its flagship office in Santa Monica will be required to wear a medical grade face covering, such as a surgical mask a or a KN95 or N95 mask.

Employees must wear the mask unless they are alone in an office with the door closed, actively eating, actively drinking at their work area, or if they are the only individual present in a large open workspace, according to the emailed memo.
Are masks now "Chin Straps" for the Democrats that obey the far left directive? A few wear them. I remember back when some Dems wore them on the mouth and not the nose at all. Now they slid down even further to the chin! Eventually the mask might make it to the neck. I am not sure how chin straps improve health.

Hijinx

I've been using mine as sweat bands when I do yard work.
The cloth ones work good for that.
I like that idea, but of course it's a little late in the year for sweat bands.

One of the things that irritated the hell out of me during the big scare was that nurses went home and came back to work and donned all of their PPS and entered the rooms of people who were sick , but yet they would not let a patients wife do the same thing. People laid there with no visitors, some were dying and their family could not visit them, I know of one friend who was dying in WHC, and they wouldn't let his wife visit him until he went in a coma and they called and said if she wanted to see him she should come now.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 Finally, in the bottom story of the day: Nobody could’ve seen this coming. The Daily Mail UK ran a stimulating story yesterday headlined “EXCLUSIVE: Demand for unvaxxed sperm spikes: Women turning to shady Facebook groups to find unvaccinated sperm donors.

image 12.png

The slippery Daily Mail spent most of the article’s column inches ‘debunking’ the notion that mRNA vaccines impact fertility, mainly because the CDC said so. But I’m not sure fertility is the entire reason why some women are wanting unjabbed … fertility materials. After injecting as much doubt as it could about the swarming “Unjabbed Sperm Donors” Facebook group, the Daily Mail finally had to admit that, “anecdotally,” its diligent reporters did find plenty of examples of women seeking unjabbed specimen donors in online ads.

But it doesn’t prove anything! At least not to the Mail’s reporters, who presumably feel unfairly left out because they can’t qualify for the Unjabbed Sperm Donors group, and so they just feel totally discriminated against. Stupid conspiracy theorists.

Or, it’s another covid miracle; the startling rise of an entirely-new industry that didn’t even exist three years ago. How about that? And all we men had to do was not get a shot.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Psychosis, Panic Attacks, Hallucinations: Bizarre Psychiatric Cases Among the COVID Vaccinated

Dr. Patrick William Slater is a 60-year-old neurotologist. A few years ago, he had a full-time medical practice in Austin and enjoyed hunting and fishing in the mountains during his downtime.

Then, in October 2021, Dr. Slater came down with cerebellar ataxia, a disease affecting movement. He couldn’t eat or go to the bathroom without help.

While his ataxia could be managed using drugs, it wasn’t always effective against his biggest complaint: unprecedented panic attacks.

Almost every night, Dr. Slater would experience panic attacks that left him in “abject terror.” He thought about killing himself many times, he told The Epoch Times.

No one could provide a satisfactory answer about why he had developed these symptoms. Nothing abnormal showed up on his laboratory reports, and his neurologists and psychiatrists dismissed his symptoms as anxiety.

But Dr. Slater is convinced that the COVID-19 mRNA vaccines are the culprit.

Dr. Slater was suspicious when the symptoms first appeared within about two weeks of getting the second dose of the COVID shot. The second—and worse—wave of career-ending symptoms had coincided with his third shot.

After taking the booster, “there was no question in my mind,” Dr. Slater said.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Pro-Mask Study Compiles List Of Low Quality Evidence

This “study” was designed as a literature review intended to explain what we’ve learned as a global scientific community about mask wearing and how effective it is at reducing the spread of the coronavirus.

Question During the COVID-19 pandemic, what has been learned about whether face mask use is associated with lower transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in community settings, and how has it been learned?

It is almost immediately apparent just how problematic the manner with which the researchers approached this topic, thanks to the paragraph presenting a brief summary of their findings.

Findings Literature review revealed many high-quality observational studies demonstrating the association of face mask use in the community and of mask mandates with reduced spread of SARS-CoV-2. Randomized clinical trials conducted during the pandemic provide limited information.

This is, of course, is entirely backwards. Randomized clinical trials provide the highest quality information available from individual examinations. Observational studies are, by their very definition, not “high-quality.”

This is easily visible in the pyramid of evidentiary quality that’s commonly used to evaluate where a study or review sits in terms of reliability. In terms of “unfiltered” information, meaning one specific study, randomized controlled trials rank much higher than other, more observational studies.

But the researchers ignored the fact that observational studies by their very nature are lower quality than randomized controlled trials. Because they knew that those studies conclusively show that masks are ineffective.

Notably, at the top of the evidence pyramid is systematic reviews, where qualified researchers examine the available high quality evidence, summarize it statistically and come to an informed conclusion considering the totality of what those studies show.

This mirrors the Cochrane Review, which in a review of available information confirmed earlier this year that there was no evidence that masks are effective at stopping COVID, or any respiratory virus for that matter.

That is how evidence reviews are supposed to be conducted, not picking and choosing lower quality studies that fit your predetermined narrative.

Sure enough, their conclusions reveal how biased the study authors are towards masking, with an inaccurate paragraph titled “Meaning” that purposefully misrepresents the evidence.

Meaning Robust available data support the use of face masks in community settings to reduce transmission of SARS-CoV-2 and should inform future responses to epidemics and pandemics caused by respiratory viruses.

That’s bad enough, but the observational studies they describe as “high quality” are in fact, anything but.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
😷 Yesterday, Representative Kevin Kiley (R-Ca.) successfully passed an amendment that would ban toddler mask mandates in federal programs like Head Start.

image 3.png

CLIP: Kevin Kiley passes toddler mask ban amendment over opposition (8:08).

Wacky, bright-blue-haired Representative Rosa DeLauro (D-Conn.) challenged the amendment. (She begins speaking around the 3:20 mark in the clip.) DeLauro cited “evidence-based science” and demanded “options” for “our scientists” to help protect everybody during pandemics. You can’t make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. She argued we should “follow the science,” not follow Republicans’ politics or worse, their religious beliefs. She allowed that we all endured “a traumatic experience during covid,” but “we were all trying to find our way forward.” Mistakes were made.

Representative Kiley smartly tore into DeLauro’s hand-waving about “evidence-based science,” demanding that she produce her evidence, or just cite a single study, noting that even the WHO recommended against toddler masking. Unsurprisingly, DeLauro couldn’t do any of that, and she let Kiley’s amendment pass without demanding a recorded vote.

It was terrific progress. Please don’t buy into the cynical complaint that Kiley’s amendment was too little. In online comments, hard-skeptics asked, why only toddlers? Why just masks?

The answer is: politics.

At one point, a majority — including most democrats and many republicans — favored mask mandates. That’s a hard fact that is easy to overlook these days. At the height of pandemic mania, over 50% of Americans wanted everyone breathing through spit collectors. So the path to killing masks is not straightforward. Sure, a dictator could ban masks with the stroke of a pen. But in a democratic republic, reversing course requires an incremental and consensus-building approach.

A toddler mask ban is the most easily-justified type of mask ban: toddlers need to see faces to learn language skills. Only bizarre blue-haired people try arguing with that logic. And after passing the first, most obvious mask ban, the ban can be incrementally expanded. The game is afoot. You just need a place to start.

The democrats have successfully used this incrementalist technique against conservatives for decades. It is how we will beat all jab mandates.

One line to a federal ban on vaccine mandates is drawn directly through mask mandate bans. Of the two, the mask mandate ban is the easier ban for most people to accept. And the logic supporting a ban on mask mandates is ultimately rooted in bodily integrity and personal freedom — just like for vaccines. The one leads to the other.

Think about it this way: back in 2020, when I was fighting mask mandates in court, the communitarian argument I most often faced was masking is not for the wearer, it’s to protect everyone else. I recognized even then, in the late summer of 2020, that the communitarian mask argument was also an argument for mandatory vaccines. The jab is not for the injected, it’s to protect everyone else. So once we beat mask mandates, the foundation will be laid for beating vaccine mandates.

Unlike some of the other proposed legislation in today’s update, the federal toddler mask ban has a good chance of passing. Let’s take the W.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

NYPD Bomb Squad members sue NYC for $75M, claim COVID vax mandate ended careers

Five members of the NYPD — including three members of the Bomb Squad — are suing the city for $75 million, claiming their careers were ended by the COVID-19 vaccine mandate.

The officers, all with decades of experience, said they’ve lost out on a “full pension, with annual interest, and health benefits” after they were fired in 2022 for refusing to get the jab.

The city lifted its vaccine mandate for employees in February, but the five men — Detectives Paul McCartney, a US Marine with 17 years on the job; Jean Pierre Sylvestre, a US Marine veteran who’s worked 20 years at the NYPD; Joseph Trancho, who worked there 18 years; Sgt. Craig Collopy, who served 27 years; and Lt. Christopher Eckert, who also had 20 years — have so far not reapplied for their posts.

McCartney was with the NYPD’s Emergency Services’ Unit when he declined to be vaccinated, and Eckert had previously served with ESU.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
💉 The Wall Street Journal must have gotten a nice fat check from Pfizer’s public relations firm this month. Yesterday, it ran an Alyssa Findlay editorial headlined, “The Covid Vaccine Windfall Turns for Pfizer and Moderna.” Ms. Findlay has previously been critical of pandemic policy, so the headline seemed promising, like maybe the article would detail the “rise and fall of Pfizer and Moderna.” But … nope.

image.png

Instead, I was shocked to discover the article was shameless pharma industry boosterism, a barely-disguised public relations puff piece for Pfizer and Moderna, a childlike and wildly-optimistic call to “move on” from pandemic distrust, a stomach-turning effort to rehabilitate pharma’s tarnished reputation and generate some fresh excitement over all the new mRNA drugs coming down the pipeline.

And the new mRNA drugs will work this time! They promise.

Outrageously, the financial paper’s article’s sub-headline drew a smiley face on Pfizer and Moderna’s tanking stocks, somehow generously allowing that, and I am not making this up: “Reduced demand and revenue for the jabs isn’t bad news; The industry is working as it’s designed.

Hahahahha! I couldn’t stop laughing! First of all, Alyssa Findlay sure is an upbeat kind of lady. So that’s nice. But what was much, much funnier was how perfect that sub-headline is, for an article about the shots. Think about it. Alyssa said: reduced demand and reduced revenue are signs the jab industry is working! Hahahaha! Get it!? They’re killing me!

Couldn’t they see the parallel? Myocarditis and blood clots are signs the shots are working, too! You really can’t make this stuff up!

I want to wear a t-shirt around with Alyssa’s sub-headline printed in bold face under the WSJ logo and a cartoon hypodermic needle.

The article’s real purpose was to dangle a tantalizing huckster’s inventory of snake oil and high-tech cure-alls, from new weight loss pills (that miraculously appeared on the scene right when pharma most needed a boost), to gene-editing technologies that will fix high-cholesterol and for hemophiliacs (Pfizer!) to — this time they mean it — personalized mRNA treatments for skin cancer (Moderna!).

Yawn.

What was much more interesting was what Ms. Findlay buried between all the promos; what she easily admitted while promoting all really good stuff coming down the pike. Here’s a lightly edited version of her comments about the covid vaccines that paints a surprising picture:

The jabs’ greatest benefit was in providing political leaders with the courage to lift destructive lockdowns and mask mandates. The vaccines were supposed to be a two-shot-and-done regimen, not blockbuster medicines that rung up tens of billions of dollars in sales every year with government support. But Washington rewrote the memo. From vaccine mandates to annual booster recommendations and misleading marketing campaigns, its salesmanship is matched only by its efforts to dump electric vehicles on an unwilling public. Statins and diabetes medicines prevent heart attacks, but the government doesn’t run ads urging Americans to use Lipitor or Ozempic.​

And two-thirds of Covid deaths have occurred since the vaccines rolled out in January 2021. One enormous negative side effect of the government’s vaccine boosterism is that it has increased public cynicism toward pharmaceutical companies at a time when innovation is advancing at warp speed.​

There’s a lot to unpack there. First, notice she blithely concluded the “jabs’ greatest benefit” was not saving people’s lives, which after all is what they were supposed to do. No, the “greatest benefit” was creating political cover for ending lockdowns and mask mandates (we traded those for jab mandates, I guess). It’s even more telling that Ms. Findlay so easily dismisses any actual health benefits from the shots. Not everyone will agree with her, surely, but the argument is now on the corporate media table.

Even though Findlay never drew the ultimate point, she did expressly concede that two-third of “covid deaths” occurred after the vaccine mandate. That is basically admitting “they don’t do jack.”

Second, as a close media observer, I think this may be the first time I’ve seen an Establishment Media piece outright accusing the federal government of making the covid vaccine program into a “misleading marketing campaign,” and comparing Operation Warp Speed, not to a lifesaving emergency pandemic accomplishment, but to a boondoggle, like pushing unwanted electric cars on unwilling consumers through mandates, boosterism, and regulatory fiat.

It appears Big Pharma is ready to move on from covid vaccines. But personally, while I appreciate all of Ms. Findlay’s enthusiasm, I am not quite ready to move on yet. We still have a lot of talking to do.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Interesting tidbit. I had my annual Medicare-mandated visit with my GP in August. Just got the Medicare billing summary. I was apparently given a pneumonia vaccine that I didn't get.

Oversight? or padding...?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Interesting tidbit. I had my annual Medicare-mandated visit with my GP in August. Just got the Medicare billing summary. I was apparently given a pneumonia vaccine that I didn't get.

Oversight? or padding...?
Most likely padding.

I'd bet fraud makes up at least half of medicare claims.