crabs running yet?

morganj614

Homesick said:
I just love ya'll. Ya'll speak my language. It's like I've been on the moon for 9 yrs.

I haven't seen a bushel of crabs in so loooooong. Someone mentioned dipped in vinegar, yes, yes, yes, now you're talking. For me along side, crackers, extra ole bay seasoning, a bowl of vinegar= Heaven.

Crab feast, I miss them. I remember sitting for long periods of time, eat some, lax some, then dig in again.

Use to do my fair share of crabbing too, on pax river. Would go out on the river at night spotlighting and netting them. Much fun. Loved it out on the river at night, so peaceful. Did fair share of fishing too. Caught many a blue fish and rock fish. Those were the days my friends.

Where are you that you are missing the tastiest part of So. Md.? :gossip:please don't say jail..lol

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
There is nothing finer in this world than sitting down with a steaming heap of crabs :yum: and a cold brew :cheers: and good friends :huggy: ...

Agee

jazz lady said:
There is nothing finer in this world than sitting down with a steaming heap of crabs :yum: and a cold brew :cheers: and good friends :huggy: ...
Speaking of cold brew. Don't you have a happy hour to go to?

BTW, give everyone a big wet :kiss: for me!

The ladies that is.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Airgasm said:
Speaking of cold brew. Don't you have a happy hour to go to?
In about 15 minutes. :banana:

BTW, give everyone a big wet :kiss: for me!

The ladies that is.
Sorry, I'm not working for a toaster oven. :lol: But I will give them all some hugs from you. :huggy: Miss you! :smooch:

deba399

itsbob said:
Went and checked out pier with the kids last Thursday, saw a couple of small ones on the pilings, will be going out next Thursday to try our luck.

We are located on the Patuxent, just north of the Solomons Rec Center

Hey! How'd you do yesterday? Get any crabs? (hope...hope...hope...)

cabledad

The crabs from Texas come from the Gulf which is cleaner then the black muddy rivers
in the Carolina's. The crabs are closer in taste to the Maryland crab.Closer in taste but not as good.

deba399

cabledad said:
Not running good and heavy yet. They are shipping them in from Texas every day.

Hi Cabledad. I've run two small trot lines five times in the last three weeks just south of the Benedict Bridge, and they are getting better each time. We brought home almost a bushel this weekend, and threw back at least three dozen babies. Very yummy!

Attachments

• crabspiled.jpg
    crabspiled.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 96
D

dems4me

deba399 said:
Hi Cabledad. I've run two small trot lines five times in the last three weeks just south of the Benedict Bridge, and they are getting better each time. We brought home almost a bushel this weekend, and threw back at least three dozen babies. Very yummy!

:clap: that means in a few more weeks they should be making there way further up the patuxent :dance: Thanks!!!

nomoney

went crabbing down in drayden (just across from st. marys college) this last weekend; got 3 dozen within 2 hours.....it was a pretty steady flow of em.....nice and heavy ones too.

D

dems4me

nomoney said:
went crabbing down in drayden (just across from st. marys college) this last weekend; got 3 dozen within 2 hours.....it was a pretty steady flow of em.....nice and heavy ones too.

trotlining or pots?