Crazy PMS

shygirlmd

wow you have a handful

Please tell me you have a Nanny to help you ?

Yes, but they are fairly well behaved and the older ones like to watch out for the younger ones. But I could do without 6 kids in diapers. The 3 year old is potty-trained when we go out but refuses to use the potty at home. He better learn soon because he starts pre-school in August.

shygirlmd

You have quadruplets???????? I could not imagine the sleepless nights that go along with that......Wow.

Doctors told us to keep them in the same crib for as long as they'd fit. They seem to sleep better knowing all of them were within touching distance. They pretty much slept through the night early on.

shygirlmd

Holy cow. One 2 yr old is enough....I couldn't imagine 4 of them!

My kids have our routine down so well that I don't even have to tell them what to do most of the time. My 7 year old keeps the little ones on track if they become distracted. They know it's dinner time, bathtime, book/prayers, bedtime and don't come out of your room unless you have to go potty. The younger ones just follow the older ones lead and don't question things. I feel sorry for some of my friends who only have 1 or 2 kids but the kids aren't on any type of schedule, the kids sleep in the parent's bed because they won't sleep in their own, dinner time is a struggle. My philosophy with that is you get one chance to eat. Once dinner is over, no more food will be given out so you better pack in as much as you can at dinner so you won't be hungry.

shygirlmd

wow you have a handful

Please tell me you have a Nanny to help you ?

No nanny. It's really not that hard if you're organized and have a schedule/routine. It seems though that the younger ones follow the lead of the oldest. If he is behaving himself, they will all behave. If he's being loud, they all will be loud.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Does anyone else find themselves throwing caution into the wind while PMSing? I don't get mad, psycho, or anything like that. I just do things that I might think twice about otherwise. I've always been this way. Is this normal? Sometimes I wish I just turned into a beyotch. It would be so much easier than becoming a felon. JK. It's not that bad. Well, maybe I have just been lucky.

This thread has gone way :offtopic: but I just got this in an email and felt it was appropriate.

============================================================
This is an actual letter from an Austin woman sent to Proctor and Gamble
regarding their feminine products. She really gets rolling after the first
paragraph. PC Magazine's 2007 editor’s choice for best Web-mail-award-winning letter.
Dear Mr. Thatcher:

I have been a loyal user of your "Always" maxi-pads for over20 years, and I appreciate many of their features. Why, without the Leak-Guard Core or Dri-Weave absorbency, I'd probably never go horseback riding or salsa dancing, and I'd certainly steer clear of running up and down the beach in tight, white shorts.

But my favorite feature has to be your revolutionary Flex-Wings. Kudos on being the only company smart enough to realize how crucial it is that maxi-pads be aerodynamic. I can't tell you how safe and secure I feel each month knowing there's a little F-16 in my pants.

Have you ever had a menstrual period, Mr. Thatcher? Ever suffered from "the curse"? I'm guessing you haven't. Well, my time of the month is starting right now. As I type, I can already feel hormonal forces violently surging through my body. Just a few minutes from now, my body will adjust and I'll be transformed into what my husband likes to call "an inbred hillbilly with knife skills." Isn't the human body amazing?

As Brand Manager in the Feminine-Hygiene Division, you've no doubt seen quite a bit of research on what exactly happens during your customers' monthly visits from "Aunt Flo." Therefore, you must know about the bloating, puffiness, and cramping we endure, and about our intense mood swings, crying jags, and out-of-control behavior. You surely realize it's a tough time for most women. In fact, only last week, my friend Jennifer fought the violent urge to shove her boyfriend's testicles into a George Foreman Grill just because he told her he thought Grey's Anatomy was written by drunken chimps. Crazy!

The point is, sir, you of all people must realize that America is just crawling with homicidal maniacs in Capri pants...which brings me to the reason for my letter.

Last month, while in the throes of cramping so painful I wanted to reach inside my body and yank out my uterus, I opened an Always maxi-pad, and there, printed on the adhesive backing, were these words, "Have a Happy Period."

Are you fu**ing kidding me? What I mean is, does any part of your tiny middle-manager brain really think happiness — actual smiling, laughing happiness is possible during a menstrual period? Did anything mentioned above sound the least bit pleasurable? Well…did it, James?

FYI, unless you're some kind of sick S&M freak girl, there will never be anything "happy" about a day in which you have to jack yourself up on Motrin and Kahlua and lock yourself in your house just so you don't march down to the local Walgreen's armed with a hunting rifle and a sketchy plan to end your life in a blaze of glory.

For the love of God, pull your head out, man! If you jus have to slap a moronic message on a maxi-pad, wouldn't it make more sense to say something that's actually pertinent, like "Put Down the Hammer" or "Vehicular Manslaughter is Wrong," or are you just picking on us?

Sir, please inform your Accounting Department that, effective immediately, there will be an $8 drop in monthly profits, for I have chosen to take my maxi-pad business elsewhere. And though I will certainly miss your Flex-Wings, I will not for one minute miss your brand of condescending bull sh*t. And that's a promise I will keep. Always.

Best,
Wendi Aarons
Austin, TX

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

This thread has gone way :offtopic: but I just got this in an email and felt it was appropriate.

This is an actual letter from an Austin woman sent to Proctor and Gamble
regarding their feminine products. She really gets rolling after the first
paragraph. PC Magazine's 2007 editor’s choice for best Web-mail-award-winning letter.
[funny letter]

Best,
Wendi Aarons
Austin, TX

:killingme :yay: awesome. see, men can feel the pain of a period as well...just not from the period itself but the ensuing hormonal changes....:lol:

:duckandcover:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
No nanny. It's really not that hard if you're organized and have a schedule/routine. It seems though that the younger ones follow the lead of the oldest. If he is behaving himself, they will all behave. If he's being loud, they all will be loud.

Do both you and your husband work?
If so are all those kids in daycare, that must be one heck of a bill :killingme

mamissa3

I am a mom of 5.. they are ages 7,6,almost 4, 2 and 4 moths. I love it!!

Busy but loads of fun (when they all aren't screaming or wanting my undivided attention at the same time). I work with kids too (pediatric surgeon) so even at work, I don't get to get away from kids. But I wouldn't have it any other way. I try to keep in touch with as many parents as I can that I've come to know and love. You really bond with people when a child is in need.

mrboswell

Does anyone else find themselves throwing caution into the wind while PMSing? I don't get mad, psycho, or anything like that. I just do things that I might think twice about otherwise. I've always been this way. Is this normal? Sometimes I wish I just turned into a beyotch. It would be so much easier than becoming a felon. JK. It's not that bad. Well, maybe I have just been lucky.
I go on cleaning fits. I once stayed up all night with a sewing needle cleaning the ridges in the remote.

camily

Peace
To my karma giver-

FYI. My husband and I make almost $200,000 a year so sorry, no welfare momma here. Also they aren't all single births. I have quads in there too. And one was born after my husband got "fixed" and another one was born after using two forms of birth control.

Shygirlmd

:faint: What are the ages?

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
she said in another thread her and hubby bring in a total of almost 200k/year...i think they can handle the bill :lol:

I don't know where you live or how many kids you have but with 8 kids $200k a year is not alot of money.

Consider the size house they have to have (mortage), the monthly grocery bill, the childrens clothes and shoes (since they are all in that growing stage), the size van or truck to be able to have all 8 kids in (car payment) and I'm sure that probably is only the tip of the ice berg...

I can't imagine Child care

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

I don't know where you live or how many kids you have but with 8 kids $200k a year is not alot of money.

Consider the size house they have to have (mortage), the monthly grocery bill, the childrens clothes and shoes (since they are all in that growing stage), the size van or truck to be able to have all 8 kids in (car payment) and I'm sure that probably is only the tip of the ice berg...

I can't imagine Child care

hmmm

you're right. I was mistaken :huggy: (I actually thought about it after and decided I probably was mistaken...but I decided to just leave it there lol)