Critical Race Theory Actions and Reactions

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

New York Times Uses Groupthink, Not Evidence, To Claim ‘DEI’ Works

Yet it turns out the very research to which the Times linked admits that virtually no evidence actually exists to support the “diversity, equity, and inclusion” (DEI) programming — which treats individuals based on their skin color — taking over campuses and companies across the nation. Rather, the authors of the cited 2022 piece, “Assessing Affirmative Action’s Diversity Rationale,” acknowledge that DEI skeptics such as Harvard Law School Professor Randall Kennedy are “correct that the existing empirical literature on diversity in education is lacking,” and even repeats the fact, just a few lines later, that “the empirical evidence on the effects of diversity has remained lacking.”

As the authors of the 2022 research article concede:

Scholars and jurists who are critical of affirmative action have frequently cast doubt on the diversity rationale’s empirical foundations. In 2014, Professor Peter H. Schuck of Yale Law School contended, ‘[T]he premises underlying the diversity rationale for race-based affirmative action are empirically tenuous and theoretically implausible.’ …. Two years later, noted economist Thomas Sowell voiced a particularly acerbic version of this skepticism: ‘Nothing so epitomizes the politically correct gullibility of our times as the magic word ‘diversity.’

So how does the Times prop up the notion that racially discriminatory affirmative-action policies actually boost student learning and employee productivity? By latching on to the study authors’ own attempt — in spite of the barren empirical landscape those very same study authors themselves admit — to shoehorn this idea through. As the researchers say, “This article aims to offer empirical evidence of the effects of diversity in higher education” — an objective they manage to convince themselves they have achieved through an extraordinary demonstration of groupthink.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

The Left Already Knows That DEI Is a Lie

As “diversity, equity, and inclusion” (DEI) spills out of the faculty lounge and euphemizes its way into the nation’s elite institutions, conservatives have begun to notice something’s amiss. “One Type of Diversity Never Seems to Matter,” Carrie Lukas declared in Forbes, pointing out that DEI doesn’t give a fig for “political or ideological diversity.” “‘Equity’ doesn’t mean what the left says it means,” a headline from Matt Clark, the president of the Alabama Center for Law and Liberty, argued. In the Washington Times, Everett Piper polemicized against left-wing “hypocrites” who supported censorship and illiberalism while invoking “inclusion,” “diversity,” and “tolerance.”

Allegations of hypocrisy, of course, are merited. Scott Yenor’s recent report on the rise of the equity regime at Texas A&M (TAMU) provides a glimpse into the gap between DEI’s public claims and its real, material meaning. Formally, Yenor notes, “diversity” is portrayed as the principle that “everyone and every group should be valued” by “embracing and celebrating the rich dimensions of difference”; in practice, it represents “an identity-based approach to society,” intended to box out “now-disfavored groups like whites and males through ‘political quotas.’” Formally, “equity” is allegedly aimed at “overcoming challenges and bias to achieve equal opportunity”; in practice, it redounds to “equality of outcomes plus reparations.” Formally, “inclusion” means “bringing the formerly excluded into activities and decision-making so as to share power”; in practice, it’s “enforced segregation of people by race” and “restrictions on speech” for disfavored groups.

Yenor substantiates those claims with a startling statistic: As the DEI regime advanced through TAMU — to the tune of well over $11 million, and an array of new programs, departments and salaried sinecures for diversity czars — white, black, and Hispanic students all began to feel more alienated from the university. From 2015 to 2020, the percentage of white students “who agreed or strongly agreed that they belonged at A&M” declined by 10 points. Over the same period, the percentage of Hispanic students who said they belonged declined by 12 points. For black students, the percentage declined by a whopping 27 points.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I have noticed the past few weeks that the first area targeted for corporate layoffs are the DEI leeches.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Critical Race Theory Teaches Kids To Hate Each Other, And The Proof Is On The Playground

At the end of February, sixth-grade teachers at Hunt Valley Elementary School in Fairfax County discussed heightened racial tensions with their students. There had been reports of racial slurs used on the playground. One teacher, in particular, told her students that the faculty instructs in detail about the living conditions of enslaved Africans to foster a sense of empathy among children. But it seems that the hyper-focus on racial differences in both primary and secondary education widens the racial chasm.

Across Fairfax County, elementary schools have replaced a standardized test for fourth-graders regarding Virginia’s colonial history with a critical race theory project. No longer are Fairfax County schools assessing students’ knowledge of Virginia’s settling and our nation’s founding. Rather, standards of learning have been reduced to intimate knowledge of the living conditions of different races. The project focuses in particular on the life of the white gentry versus enslaved Africans in the 1700s.

Aside from the critical race theory lessons at all levels in Fairfax County Public Schools, student groups work with the district’s several “equity officers” to present racially divisive material to their peers. On Jan. 30, 2023, students at West Springfield High School (WSHS) were forced to watch a disturbingly racist video on microaggressions, in the name of equity education. In the video, white people were illustrated as cartoon mosquitos taking bites out of nonwhite people with their microaggressions. In response, at the end of the video, the nonwhite people eventually exterminated them with flame throwers.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 I suppose it was inevitable. Coffee is racist.

It may not be a majority opinion. The stinky article sprouted in the social justice-themed blog “Afru,” which appears designed to declare EVERYTHING is racist, celebrates “dad bod positivity,” lists “6 reasons cuckolding is empowering, not emasculating, men,” and ran an article claiming that anyone who dislikes the label “Latinx” is transphobic.

So, I’ll keep the coffee. They can keep all that other stuff.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Gee. all this time I thought the real history was that Arabs discovered the wonder of coffee, and then later used Black African slaves to grow it for them.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But another way we can tell that these people aren’t as concerned about racism as they would have us believe is in how they apply the label. Just this week, there were at least two stories demonstrating how little these people care about the supposed fight to end bigotry.

For starters, one of these individuals published an unintentionally hilarious article claiming that drinking coffee is racist. I thought it humorous when I first saw it. I was having my morning steaming cup of racism when I first found out I was perpetuating white supremacy.

Near the beginning of the piece, the author claims that white people commonly tell a joke about coffee: “There are three things that are necessary in order to make a cup of coffee, and they are: first, a black man to roast the coffee; second, a yellow man to grind it; and third, a white man to drink it.”

Apparently, blacks and Asians don’t enjoy a good cup of joe. This is something reserved only for racist white folks.

The author goes on to argue that “every facet of the coffee industry, in fact, is rooted in racism” and that when consuming the beverage, “whites have been able to drink the fruits of our labor and our culture with impunity.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
🔥 I suppose it was inevitable. Coffee is racist.

Who Knew? White People Drinking Coffee Perpetuates 'Pillar of White Supremacist Capitalism'

Yeah, who knew?

As a non-coffee drinker in a coffee-obsessed world, I’m pleased to know that at least in this case, I’m not a genetically-coded “inherently racist” white supremacist, by virtue of my whiteness. I am a “cis” white male, though, so I do qualify as “all of the above” in every other ridiculous left-wing sense, so there’s that.

Anyway, a recent idiotic article posted on Afru.com makes the argument that drinking coffee perpetuates white supremacy. Yeah. The ridiculous piece suggests that because coffee was “created by black people,” if you enjoy drinking the stuff, you’re “helping an industry built on racism.”

The idiocy is never gonna stop getting even more idiotic, is it?

Check it out, via the Afru.com staff:

If you’re a person of color, you know what I’m talking about. You walk into a new coffee shop and your senses are overwhelmed with whiteness and you get the glare from the Karens. The white hipster barista lines herself up between you and the bathrooms, ready to tell you non-customers aren’t welcome.
If you have a white coffee drinking friend, he or she may have even let you in on the old coffee joke white coffee drinkers share when PoC aren’t around: “There are three things that are necessary in order to make a cup of coffee, and they are: first, a black man to roast the coffee; second, a yellow man to grind it; and third, a white man to drink it.”

SamSpade

Anyway, a recent idiotic article posted on Afru.com makes the argument that drinking coffee perpetuates white supremacy. Yeah. The ridiculous piece suggests that because coffee was “created by black people,” if you enjoy drinking the stuff, you’re “helping an industry built on racism.”
Trust me, when white people DON'T consume a product that black people produce, they ALSO call that racism.
Been to Ethiopia, the home of coffee. Like China with their tea, they have a culture that surrounds coffee, with traditional roasting ceremonies and so forth. They're only sixth in the world in total production, but that's pretty amazing considering their relative size and the amount of arable land dedicated to coffee production. They don't consume as much but not only are they still among the world's poorest - but the coffee ceremonies have them re-use the grounds at least twice.

I've never heard of coffee being ground "by a yellow person".

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Trust me, when white people DON'T consume a product that black people produce, they ALSO call that racism.
Been to Ethiopia, the home of coffee. Like China with their tea, they have a culture that surrounds coffee, with traditional roasting ceremonies and so forth. They're only sixth in the world in total production, but that's pretty amazing considering their relative size and the amount of arable land dedicated to coffee production. They don't consume as much but not only are they still among the world's poorest - but the coffee ceremonies have them re-use the grounds at least twice.

I've never heard of coffee being ground "by a yellow person".

Pray tell. What products do black people produce, here in the US, that any White people would want to buy?

SamSpade

For your consideration ...

Pray tell. What products do black people produce, here in the US, that any White people would want to buy?
Music. Soul food. There’s quite a bit of black culture that doesn’t appeal much to white people. When white people DON’T like it, it’s racism. When they DO it’s cultural appropriation and therefore, racism.

I did poke around at what countries consume the most coffee per capita. Not surprisingly the top countries are COLD countries like Finland and Sweden. Wow. Big surprise.

On the other hand, coffee PRODUCTION is where you think it is - Latin America among others which I suppose is “brown” people. And other warmer nations but for good reason. You can’t GROW it in colder nations where white people live. The whole argument is profoundly stupid.

Hijinx

I have been accused of being a racist and I don't even drink coffee.

When they are speaking of yellow people grinding coffee, maybe they are speaking of light skinned folks like Kamala Harris.
I don't know about coffee but it's said she has done a lot of grinding.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Diversity Training Disaster

A Harvard professor analyzed studies of them and says, “Sadly enough, I did not find one single study which found that diversity training leads to more diversity.”

A different Harvard Business Review study analyzed data from 800 companies and found that five years after diversity training, the share of black women managers decreased by 9%.

“It is not about data,” says Smith. “It’s about a power grab.”

One that starts in schools.

Smith attended a conference of rhetoric professors where the conference leader, Asao Inoue, declared it racist to grade students on traditional English.

“If you use a single standard to grade your students’ languaging, you engage in racism. … White language supremacy.”

Smith sent a group email in response, saying it’s a disservice to minority kids not to teach standard English. Instead of addressing Smith’s point, other professors attacked him, calling him racist.

“Do you enjoy using Western modes of argument to invalidate people of color?” “I hope for the day that folks like you will learn how to check their privilege.”

“We are professors in communication,” Smith told me. “I thought we could communicate. I was so wrong. … They saw in me a threat. … a black person saying it’s OK to teach black students standardized English.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Christopher Rufo is dogged at his causes, like keeping critical race theory and academic queer theory out of public schools. He also keeps the media on its toes, not letting errors slip by casually and just shrugging it off. As Twitchy reported, Rufo posted a thread the other day about Florida State University’s radical diversity, equity, and inclusion program, which uses the “matrix of oppression” to show how American oppressors have created a society of “racism, classism, religious oppression, sexism, heterosexism, gender oppression, ableism, [and] xenophobia.”

According to the Department of Education's website, if its civil rights investigation finds fault and the targeted parties do not comply with whatever ruling is made (including actions to be taken), a criminal referral can then be made to the DOJ.

This is the next battleground in the fight over transgender ideology. It will be exceptionally difficult due to First Amendment protections for any authority to mandate individuals use so-called "preferred pronouns." That means that government bureaucracies will be relegated to trying to use their power to pressure institutions and those involved with them.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

In South Carolina, a classroom anti-discrimination law is working

By Andrea Widburg

In response to the racism inherent in Critical Race Theory (“CRT”)—i.e., that blacks are victims and whites are evil—18 states have passed laws prohibiting schools from engaging in race-based teaching. South Carolina was one of those states and, according to a laugh-out-loud funny article in the Washington Post, the law is working. Incidentally, the article isn’t intended to be funny. It is, instead, intended to be a heartrending human interest story about a martyred leftist female teacher who violated the law and got caught.

In its general appropriations bill for 2021-2022, the South Carolina legislature, for the first time, inserted a specific clause aimed at blocking leftist-style racism and sexism in education:

For the current fiscal year, of the funds allocated by the Department of Education to school districts, no monies shall be used by any school district or school to provide instruction in, to teach, instruct, or train any administrator, teacher, staff member, or employee to adopt or believe, or to approve for use, make use of, or carry out standards, curricula, lesson plans, textbooks, instructional materials, or instructional practices that serve to inculcate any of the following concepts: (1) one race or sex is inherently superior to another race or sex; (2) an individual, by virtue of his race or sex, is inherently racist, sexist, or oppressive, whether consciously or unconsciously; (3) an individual should be discriminated against or receive adverse treatment solely or partly because of his race or sex; (4) an individual's moral standing or worth is necessarily determined by his race or sex; (5) an individual, by virtue of his race or sex, bears responsibility for actions committed in the past by other members of the same race or sex; (6) an individual should feel discomfort, guilt, anguish, or any other form of psychological distress on account of his race or sex; (7) meritocracy or traits such as a hard work ethic are racist or sexist, or were created by members of a particular race to oppress members of another race; and (8) fault, blame, or bias should be assigned to a race or sex, or to members of a race or sex because of their race or sex. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as prohibiting any professional development training for teachers related to issues of addressing unconscious bias within the context of teaching certain literary or historical concepts or issues related to the impacts of historical or past discriminatory policies.

In other words, the kind of racism that has always characterized Democrats—in the bad old days, blacks were bad, and whites were good; in the bad new days, blacks are good, and whites are bad—is forbidden. And the new sexism in which Democrats delight (men bad; women good) is gone, too. Yay! Check here to see if your state has a similar law.
(Note to South Carolina voters: If you don’t elect conservatives, this provision will vanish from future appropriations.)

7_238_9.gif

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Woke Race Hustler Declares White Men CAN NEVER BE THE GREATEST At Anything Created By Africans!​