Cross Country Clinic - Harwood - Update!!

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Okay, we have two potential dates...Saturday, November 22nd or Saturday, December 20th.

11/22 is also the day of the Marlborough Hunt Club show that I posted about, but there are a limit on open days and we want to get the clinic in before the weather gets yucky. Also, setting the date for November allows us to use the December date as a weather back-up. Let me know which works best for you guys!

We'll have three levels:
18"-2'
2'3-2'6"
2'9-3'

Each group will be 2 hours and the lesson will start with a breif session in the ring which might include flatwork, grids, and possibly x-country type questions before heading out to the x-country field.

Cost is $45/person for 2 hours. And we're going to limit each group to 4 riders.

If we do 11/22 I need checks payable to "Ray Wheeler" no later than Nov. 19th!

Eventer29

Wow! $45 is not bad at all for a 2 hr clinic. I would like to ride in it, and will see how many of my kids would like to participate.

Duckz

Lincoln (and maybe Bill) can do Dec 20 in the 2'9-3' class. What a good deal! Thanks for organizing this. Let me know which date you end up using.

TCF42

yeeeeeee!
Oh please please please let's do the one in December! :( I will be in O.C. for 4-H junk on the 22nd.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Alright, so we seem to have a good number of people who want to do November (e-mail requests) AND people who want December, so I'm going to ask if we can do both! If I get confirmation that we can do both dates I'll set a sign-up/pay by date for the December one too and post here.

I'm also trying to work out someway to get video and or pictures set up for us. I know I can video or photograph the groups I'm not riding in and it shouldn't be too hard to foist my cameras off on someone else for my group. Y'all interested in photos/video?

Loper

Animal Poor!
Alright, so we seem to have a good number of people who want to do November (e-mail requests) AND people who want December, so I'm going to ask if we can do both! If I get confirmation that we can do both dates I'll set a sign-up/pay by date for the December one too and post here.

I'm also trying to work out someway to get video and or pictures set up for us. I know I can video or photograph the groups I'm not riding in and it shouldn't be too hard to foist my cameras off on someone else for my group. Y'all interested in photos/video?

:howdy: if you do the 23rd with me... I'll do the 22 for you... :dye:

Eventer29

2 dates sounds great! I'll talk to my kids. I can bring the older kids one day and the younger ones another day!

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Hey December people, you're good to go with the 12/20 date. We'll have three levels as I mentioned in the first post.

A tentative schedule -
10am - 12pm ~ 18"-2'
12pm - 2pm ~ 2'3"-2'6"
2pm - 2:30pm ~ break
2:30pm - 4:30pm ~ 2'6"+

We may amend it depending on what the light looks like at 4:30 towards the end of December.

Remember, four riders per level so let me know which level you want to ride in as soon as you know so that I can reserve your spot.

Oops, editted because I put the wrong date! It is Saturday December 20, 2008!

Last edited:

TCF42

yeeeeeee!
Phyxius-- I will definitely be coming to the clinic on the 20th. What openings are left? I'd either like to do the 18"-2' or the 2'3"-2'6".

(Tiger is getting too preggo to jump. I'm taking another pony!)

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
I need to get some confirmations from people who are riding and checks if they are.

I currently have four for the 18"-2'
Heather
HeavyChevy
Sparks
TCF42

I have none for the 2'3" - 2'6"

and five for the 2'6" +
devinej
Eventer29 + 3

If your name is on this list please confirm that you are still planning to come and contact me for payment information. Eventer29 I just returned from California and didn't return your call. I put you plus 3 in the 2'6+ is that right?

If your name is not on the list and you want to ride please let me know as soon as possible.

Jumps are solid, natural cross country jumps like you'd encounter on a horse trials cross country course they also have ditches. These jumps are not standards and poles in a field. Warm-up will be in the sand arena with "regular" jumps.