Curio and Relics License : FFL03

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Anyone here have one.

I am about to start the process in getting mine, looks like it is pretty easy to do and cheap, considering the discounts you can get and having certain guns shipped straight to your door why not?

$30 for 3 years is an awesome deal when you consider all the savings and benefits.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
I thought about checking into the different ones out there. I think there is another one, a Collectors version :shrug: not sure what if any gains there are in those.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Looks good if thats what your into. Why not go for the full FFL? I thought about doing that at one point.

You mean FFL01, well the cost for one, that and I don't have a place to set up a buisness which is one of the requirements.

C & R are much easier to get and much cheaper.

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Anyone here have one.

I am about to start the process in getting mine, looks like it is pretty easy to do and cheap, considering the discounts you can get and having certain guns shipped straight to your door why not?

$30 for 3 years is an awesome deal when you consider all the savings and benefits.

I have one and it sure helps to have rifles delivered to your door with no added dealer's fees. You do have to keep records. It doesn't help with C&R handguns if your state laws require you to go through a licensed dealer tho'. Once you get your license you'll also be placed on the mailing list for firearms laws and such.

BTW, can anyone recommend a good local gunsmith?

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
On the handguns, I was looking at Aimsurplus because they have CZ-82's and I wanted to get one as they are C&R eligible but AIM's rule(based on MD law) is that in the state of MD they will only ship them to FFL01, according to AIM they hate dealing with MD at all because they get such grief and are extra careful in not breaking any of the retarded laws.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
BTW, NHBOY........ how did you get your forms from the ATF I have emailed them and filled out the request form online for them on the ATF website but haven't heard anything back from them. Do you think it is better to request the forms by phone or snail mail?

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
On the handguns, I was looking at Aimsurplus because they have CZ-82's and I wanted to get one as they are C&R eligible but AIM's rule(based on MD law) is that in the state of MD they will only ship them to FFL01, according to AIM they hate dealing with MD at all because they get such grief and are extra careful in not breaking any of the retarded laws.

The dealer I used charged $60 per handgun to process the paperwork. Sad, but if you want a handgun in MD......

To answer your other question, I ordered online and it seemed like it took about a month or so before receiving the license.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
The dealer I used charged $60 per handgun to process the paperwork. Sad, but if you want a handgun in MD......

To answer your other question, I ordered online and it seemed like it took about a month or so before receiving the license.

$60..... My FFL charges me $30 for transfer on handguns or other regulated firearms. $60 is just ridiculous, I understand that it is a PIA doing the paperwork for them but it is not like there is overhead on paperwork other than the license itself which I think the FFL01 is $300 for 3 years and then $90 on renewal, so........

As far as the ATF getting you the paper work did they atleast acknowledge that they were sending you the forms via an email? I don't want to keep pestering them if the forms are en route, I just want to know that they are sending them out.

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
$60..... My FFL charges me $30 for transfer on handguns or other regulated firearms. $60 is just ridiculous, I understand that it is a PIA doing the paperwork for them but it is not like there is overhead on paperwork other than the license itself which I think the FFL01 is $300 for 3 years and then $90 on renewal, so........

As far as the ATF getting you the paper work did they atleast acknowledge that they were sending you the forms via an email? I don't want to keep pestering them if the forms are en route, I just want to know that they are sending them out.

Yeah, you have to shop around for a decent price as it is up to the FFL to set their fees. I don't remember if they contacted me after the initial request. The system works....slowly!

If you will, PM me the name/address of your FFL, maybe I can throw some business his way.

Pushrod

Patriot
Doesn't having the C&R give the right to the BATFE a-holes to come into your home at anytime and inspect your books? That is my biggest concern about getting a C&R.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Doesn't having the C&R give the right to the BATFE a-holes to come into your home at anytime and inspect your books? That is my biggest concern about getting a C&R.

Once a year they can make you come in to the nearest filed office and inspect your records. Talking to people that have the FFL03 it seems to be rare. Again this license does not mean they can come and do an on the spot search and inspection of your home and records like some people believe.

ATF Online - Open Letter