Curio and Relics License : FFL03

wv4x4

Thanks for the guidance.

I filled out the maryland "collector" paperwork just have to get it notorized and also filled out the C & R paperwork. Pretty painless for firearms paperwork. Hopefully my house will sell soon and I can get the hell out of MD and their gay gun laws.

BTW did you see on the news last night where the mayor and police chief of DC want people to voluntarily let cops search their homes for firearms.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
BTW did you see on the news last night where the mayor and police chief of DC want people to voluntarily let cops search their homes for firearms.

Yeah it is funny that the Nations Capital is leading the way in asking citizens to give up their constitutional rights.

Novus Collectus

???

I was talking about modern handguns and "Assault Weapons".

I thought he was asking me who my FFL01 was for acquiring these types of guns.

Some "modern" handguns and MD Regulated long guns are C&R.

An example of C&R modern handguns is the CZ 82 first made in 1982 and made until 1992.
An example or two of MD regulated rifles called "assault rifle" is an AR15 or Dragunov made before March, 1958.

With C&R AR 15s or Dragunovs or modern manufacture C&R handguns, the same applies. If you have a C&R license you can order from out of state a C&R firearm be it handgun or long gun and have it delivered directly to the address on your license in MD without having to go through an 01 FFL.

(I am not a lawyer)

wv4x4

I read on the form that you are supposed to take it to the state police when you get your license. Did you do that and where did you drop it off at? I sent mine away and impatiently waiting to get it back.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
I read on the form that you are supposed to take it to the state police when you get your license. Did you do that and where did you drop it off at? I sent mine away and impatiently waiting to get it back.

C&R???

You send a copy of your application to the local CLEO, I sent mine to the county Sheriff. You do not need their approval, it is more of a courtesy thing and you can include something to the effect that they do not need to do anything with it, it is just a formality.

Novus Collectus

Some people send the copy to the state police and some send it to their local chief law enforcement officer (CLEO). I sent my first application to the state police and three years later I sent my renewal to my city's police chief.
As AK-47me said, it is more of a courtesy thing, but I guess if the CLEO notices someone is a criminal and not supposed to have guns, then they tell the ATF, but since the ATF does their own criminal background check on the applicant, the CLEO really doesn't have to do a thing.