Date Gifts for the Ladies

Caution

I can take it one step further. I would have no problem bringing those plastic container/lid combos that you get in the grocery store with shelf deli meat. Recycle and all; save a baggie, and restaurants make more of a profit than they already do! And, don't worry because 'whackadoodle' is an endearing pet name used by some members on here for people they really like! :killingme

Well since Railroad is taking her the Candy in the Ziplock he can just tell her to dump the candy into her purse and use that Ziplock. :yay:

It's all good. We 'whackadoodles' like seeing people get a chuckle. :dance:

ZARA

I just went by there again and they are still there. I wouldn't bother with them now because they have swollen up pretty big. Stick a knife in em and they might explode.

:barf:

Oh :bs:! The ladies love a little somethin' somethin'.... It's a thoughtful gesture. Nothing wrong with that.

The "little somethin' somethin'" I want...doesn't cost anything. :evil::killingme

Hubs never bought me flowers or chocolates on any of our dates.

You are right though, it is thoughtful and thoughtful is great.

You got candy??? I got a freaking t-shirt.

:mad:

I'm pretty sure I got a candle of some sort too... :dance:

I know. Skin lotion.

Lots of it.

"It places the lotion in the basket..."

:evil:

Just kidding, of course.

Freaking weirdo. Douggie.jpg

You got a freaking t-shirt??? I got a ####ing beer coozie.

:mad:

:poorbaby:

In other news... Hank... You are a gift-giving WHORE. :mad: :SLAM:

Just kidding. :love: I lubs you and I got the best gift. :biggrin:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The "little somethin' somethin'" I want...doesn't cost anything. :evil::killingme

my wife does not like flowers, it is a waste of money, they die

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
:barf:

You are right though, it is thoughtful and thoughtful is great.

Since I'm so practical and didn't want a fuss (and was not used to a romantic sort of guy) it took me a long time to get used to it, but FH did (and does still) give me flowers and candy on some of our dates. He also made dinner 1 or 2 times a week on our nights.

Yes, I did very much appreciate it! (but still took me a long time to get used to)

ZARA

Since I'm so practical and didn't want a fuss (and was not used to a romantic sort of guy) it took me a long time to get used to it, but FH did (and does still) give me flowers and candy on some of our dates. He also made dinner 1 or 2 times a week on our nights.

Yes, I did very much appreciate it! (but still took me a long time to get used to)

I told mine that buying flowers on special occasions is a waste...if he is going to do it, do it "just because" as random acts of love. Then it is much more special and unexpected. I get flowers about once a year, some times twice, and it's always unexpected- so I'm always pleasantly surprised when I do get them.

Now chocolates...that's a different story. He buys me chocolates on all occasions and that is always win win with me...lol:yahoo:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I told mine that buying flowers on special occasions is a waste...if he is going to do it, do it "just because" as random acts of love. Then it is much more special and unexpected. I get flowers about once a year, some times twice, and it's always unexpected- so I'm always pleasantly surprised when I do get them.

Now chocolates...that's a different story. He buys me chocolates on all occasions and that is always win win with me...lol:yahoo:

This will sound bad - but I gave him "rules". :lol: I didn't want to take away his joy - but I hate to waste money on flowers which die.

So I said (please) no florist flowers & expensive bouquets of roses. I am perfectly happy with grocery store flower bouquets. THEN I found out a lady I work for dries/ recycles flowers and uses them in crafts for a group of disabled adults who do crafts. So I told him I can donate them to her so it's ok! :flowers:

ZARA

This will sound bad - but I gave him "rules". :lol: I didn't want to take away his joy - but I hate to waste money on flowers which die.

So I said (please) no florist flowers & expensive bouquets of roses. I am perfectly happy with grocery store flower bouquets. THEN I found out a lady I work for dries/ recycles flowers and uses them in crafts for a group of disabled adults who do crafts. So I told him I can donate them to her so it's ok! :flowers:

Doesn't sound bad to me. My hubs has been instructed as well. I am a firm believer in letting him know what I do and don't like up front because I hate wasting money, especially when it can be put to better use elsewhere.

Hank

my war
Usually, women that don't like it, don't get it!

And men that don't get it, don't do it!

:coffee:

:runningforcover:

USWWarrior

It's a Jeep thang!
Okay, what's appropriate? Flowers seem like a waste and tend to be messy, not to mention that they take up space. I thought about a dead mouse (after all, cats get away with it), but decided that she wouldn't fully appreciate it. Even if I decapitated it and gave her the head in a separate gift box. Just sayin'. Costume jewelry, like a bracelet made of fish hooks, is probably out, too. A femur might make a fine addition to her driftwood collection, but I sense that it may not be her favorite piece.

So, while showering for the day, I mused about what to give that special lady. Perhaps a bronzed copperhead's head. But then I thought the inference might be an offer to give head, which on the first date might be a no-no. So then I thought about a can of car wax, but quickly realized I would be the one applying and buffing, so that idea was Dead on Arrival. An ear of Indian Corn? Seasonal, but too corny.

Decisions, decisions. These wimmins, I swear. I guess a can of Hot Shot would be out of the question too. How about a candle? I have tons of them. Nope, she might be into hot wax, and I'm not. No scars yet and not interested in getting any.

This is 2013. She should bring you a gift. Maybe a new fishing pole, a new rifle. Something. It's all about the equality now. Why should I bring her anything.

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Freaking weirdo.

AND, I'm very good at it, TYVM. It's an art. Not many people have my point of view, which is always to my advantage. I can catalog an index of maladjustments, yet coexist with earth people just fine. :diva:

Last edited:

mamatutu

mama to two
AND, I'm very good at it, TYVM. It's an art. Not many people have my point of view, which is always to my advantage. I can catalog an index of maladjustments, yet coexist with earth people just fine. :diva:

I identity will aliens (of the extra terrestrial kind). My kids always called me an alien, when they didn't like my rules! :lol: