Dealing with Anxiety

KWAK

Any time I feel anxious I deal with it with one thing - xanax!! If it's really bad, take it with a cocktail! Voila! The anxiety is gone!

kelb

art imitating life
Any time I feel anxious I deal with it with one thing - xanax!! If it's really bad, take it with a cocktail! Voila! The anxiety is gone!

Yeah that does work! but just for that moment :) Got any more permanent ideas?

KWAK

Yeah that does work! but just for that moment :) Got any more permanent ideas?

More xanax?? I actually got mine when I first split with the hubby - he gave me the xanax for the here and now and paxil for longer term. Fortunately, I didn't have to be on it long. Depending on the source of your anxiety that may work!

kelb

art imitating life
More xanax?? I actually got mine when I first split with the hubby - he gave me the xanax for the here and now and paxil for longer term. Fortunately, I didn't have to be on it long. Depending on the source of your anxiety that may work!

Hmm.. something without meds. Getting rid of it is more the goal then covering it up.

kelb

art imitating life
The meds just help you deal with it - if it's a longer term issue than I would really recommend a psychologist.
Thank you
I was really just wondering if anyone knew of support groups. I keep hearing from everyone PM'ing me that there are none and I would love to get one started or find one. I think that are alot of people dealing with this and it would really help.

KWAK

For my karma giver - thank you but I am not looking for a psychologist. I was on anxiety meds for slight anxiety attacks after discovering that my husband was sleeping around; however, I am now over that - happier than ever - even starting to date again.

Happygirl

Walking for a cure!!
Thank you
I was really just wondering if anyone knew of support groups. I keep hearing from everyone PM'ing me that there are none and I would love to get one started or find one. I think that are alot of people dealing with this and it would really help.

Try calling the hospital in the county in which you live. I know St. Marys offers some support groups. They may be able to help you find something.

Good luck to you!