Dear Wendy:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I went to a wedding last month where the mother of the groom did that. (she had been previously ostracized from all the groom's family except the groom :lol: mama's boy) She was introduced by the DJ during the bridal party entrances and walked out screaming "I GAVE BIRTH TO THE GROOM!! I GAVE BIRTH TO HIM!!"

:shocking:
:jet:

If people already think your a nutter. What better way than to confirm it for them! :lmao:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Like the woman that yelled "I DID THAT!!! I DID THAT!!! I DID THAT!!!" When her daughter walked last week? :lmao:
What school was this?

When my son graduated Great Mills way back in 2006, there were a few families that cheered so loud you would have thought they won the lottery. Most names drew a modest applause, then the kid with 12 family members in attendance gets his name called. All of a sudden a heathen revival breaks out. Lots of screaming, shouting, flailing of arms and jumping up and down. I was expecting to hear them speak in tongues.

Monello

PREMO Member

Dear Damned,

Dump that family. Stop going to their get togethers and stop trying to get them to like you because they've made it clear they will never accept you. Don't worry about why they hate you - it doesn't matter. It's possible that you're overreacting to what was a minor incident, but that doesn't matter either. Even if you're the crazy one, there's still crazy and nobody needs that.

And probably dump Clark while you're at it because he either tolerates his family treating you poorly or you're a nutter and would be doing him a favor.

This is a serious drama queen right there.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
What school was this?

When my son graduated Great Mills way back in 2006, there were a few families that cheered so loud you would have thought they won the lottery. Most names drew a modest applause, then the kid with 12 family members in attendance gets his name called. All of a sudden a heathen revival breaks out. Lots of screaming, shouting, flailing of arms and jumping up and down. I was expecting to hear them speak in tongues.
GMHS.

There were also the parents that kept stopping kids to take pictures before they sat down, holding up the procession.

Monello

PREMO Member
GMHS.

There were also the parents that kept stopping kids to take pictures before they sat down, holding up the procession.

Good to see that some GMHS graduation traditions are alive and well.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Most of the letters to these advice columns boil down to one question: "How can I get this person to change?"

Answer: you can't. The only thing you can do is change your expectations and reaction to them.

I don't know as the Pastor is more important to them, but he's probably a bigger part of their everyday life than their grandson is (sorry to say, but that's the way it is when families live so far apart). Is it important to your son that they be there or does he even care?
DING-DING!

I've had nearly this same advice from Vrai! (involving a fam member or 2) It may or may not have involved an adult beverage or two. :jet:

Bann

PREMO Member
We don't want to guilt them into changing. They have been like that since my husband was a kid. Everything else was more important than their kids. Even his Dad said they should have never had kids!! We accept that and even my kids don't expect much from them in regards to having a relationship and they will never "rank" in the minds of these people. Son just hoped this might have been the one thing his grandparents felt was important.

I think your idea of "ranking" is different than theirs. Seriously. Your son does rank with them, they're giving him $200.00. They can't give the emotional attachment, they aren't capable or don't want to, whichever. Doesn't matter - they don't give themselves. But they give the money, because that is what they can do. That's their way.

I think Kwillia is right in saying if your son truly doesn't want the money, then dealing with this now & returning it will be a good thing. Otherwise, your son will continue to think there will be a new "one thing" that might be the one thing that they feel is important, and it will continue to hurt.

My brother is a very, very emotionally detached uncle to his 2 nephews and 3 nieces. He sends a generous amount of money faithfully every birthday, and Christmas to all 5. He also sends $$ to his grand niece & nephew - whom he has never met. He's not a hands-on uncle and he never will be. It bothers me, (used to bother me a LOT, but I've learned to deal) but that's HIM - not me.

Bann

PREMO Member
I went to a wedding last month where the mother of the groom did that. (she had been previously ostracized from all the groom's family except the groom :lol: mama's boy) She was introduced by the DJ during the bridal party entrances and walked out screaming "I GAVE BIRTH TO THE GROOM!! I GAVE BIRTH TO HIM!!"

:shocking:
People are just mental, I swear! :lol:

Bann

PREMO Member
What school was this?

This happened at Thing2's graduation from the PG Co FD Academy. Every leaf on "Brittnay's" entire ancestral tree attended her ceremony AND brought a damn poster to wave in the air like they just don't care.

The "pinning" ceremony held before the actual graduation is a solemn and practically sacred event. The invitation expressly laid out the proper decorum, and style of clothing that was expected. It specifically stated NO TALKING AT ALL. Yeah, that didn't happen. :rolleyes:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
All of a sudden a heathen revival breaks out. Lots of screaming, shouting, flailing of arms and jumping up and down. I was expecting to hear them speak in tongues.

Unfortunately at my daughter's graduation that heathen acting the fool was my mom. :blushing: I said, "Okay..." and she got pissed at me and wouldn't speak to me the rest of the day.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
How long do graduations usually last? Couple hours?
Centuries.

It depends on how quickly they get their #### together, as well as the graduating class. Once everybody is where they're supposed to be 90-120 mns.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Centuries.

It depends on how quickly they get their #### together, as well as the graduating class. Once everybody is where they're supposed to be 90-120 mns.
Too long. Especially when the it’s finally your kids turn and you can’t hear their name being called,because of the yelling from the family of the kid before. And it’s so boring.
Considering it's at 8pm, I am really hoping it doesn't drag on. Add on that it's being held almost an hour away from where we live. Normally I get up at 0230 for work but I guess I'll be going in late on Friday.