"Defund the police"

SamSpade

This is a problem for minorities who do succeed, particularly doctors.
Some are going to assume they are only there because of a quota and not for their expertise.

Some years back I had a doctor who was Afghani. And a woman.

Knowing how extremely difficult it is for a woman to get any kind of education in Afghanistan - I was seriously impressed.
I had listened to a C-SPAN lecture on women in Afghanistan - they are so disregarded that a typical father when asked how many children he has, he will very likely only mention sons. As thought the women don't count. At all. The idea of even bothering to get an education for their daughters - you'd think you were asking them to send their dogs to college. They just didn't get it.

Hijinx

:smack:

What are you, some kind of white supremacist?
\

I have never been one, but the movement is starting to grow on me.
Not that I am better than any black person or smarter. or more entitled.
But I sure am getting sick of this shiit going on now and even more sickened at the white trash that is marching and rioting and looting right along with them.
Mostly old liberals and young brainwashed kids.
White guilted people and Anarchist fascists.

Reactions: BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm not really into black vs white. I'm more about aholes vs sane people. Violent freaks vs community.

I refuse to let these shitbags color my racial outlook. Racial strife isn't part of my everyday interactions and I don't intend to make it part.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Some years back I had a doctor who was Afghani. And a woman.

Knowing how extremely difficult it is for a woman to get any kind of education in Afghanistan - I was seriously impressed.
I had listened to a C-SPAN lecture on women in Afghanistan - they are so disregarded that a typical father when asked how many children he has, he will very likely only mention sons. As thought the women don't count. At all. The idea of even bothering to get an education for their daughters - you'd think you were asking them to send their dogs to college. They just didn't get it.
That's their culture and religion. Islam highly respects women, as servants, to be seen and not heard.

Hijinx

I'm not really into black vs white. I'm more about aholes vs sane people. Violent freaks vs community.

I refuse to let these shitbags color my racial outlook. Racial strife isn't part of my everyday interactions and I don't intend to make it part.

I think we would all like that,but they keep smacking us in the face with it.

Whites are accused of racism, White supremacy, white privilege, and unless we kiss their asses we are bigots.
It does get a bit tiresome.
I am no punching bag for these accusations, If you cut me do I not bleed.
I am ready to punch back.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think we would all like that,but they keep smacking us in the face with it.

And I will smack them right back.

I blanket-hate Hollywood celebrities, Democrat politicians, and corporate news manipulators, not black people.

Louise

It is all about the upcoming election. Take insider Trump down that exposed the Swamp that is our Fed Gov. It is so obvious. Trump has got their number, and they are trying to disconnect. Go Trump 2020! :patriot:

PsyOps

Pixelated
I have one, with a disability. He more than fills my insanity quota - and I have two more behind him.

I do ask that sometimes, because my daughter has a surgeon who is, at best, anti-social and condescending - most of the time, he's a jerk.
He is on the other hand, widely known as THE gold standard for the work he does. My wife and I are in complete agreement we'd rather have a complete *** working on our daughter than a congenial one of lesser skill.

If I need to hire someone for a job, I'd like the best person available although depending on the kind of work - say, working on my house - my budget might be more along the lines of who is the best person I can afford. If I'm paying a kid to rake my leaves, I'm going to pick the most reliable and best performing or recommended kid. Beyond that, I really don't think it should matter.

The police "problem" is far simpler than brain surgery. While the George Floyd death is atrocious, and Derek Chauvin deserve a long prison time, this country has made a massive mountain out of a molehill over this incident. Derek Chauvin is not the norm. It's been said so many times, it's really just cliché: The vast majority of cops get it right. But, the media and the "social change" ambulance chasers have little-interest in those who do it right.

This incident is nothing more than an opportunity not to go to waste for these leftists to push for things they've always wanted, but just needed an excuse. Everything - AND I MEAN EVERYTHING - the left is doing has not one ounce of logic to it. EVERYTHING they do is an effort to create chaos. EVERYTHING they do is done to get every American dependent on government. And guess what.................... our police forces are part of government. They don't really want to get rid of our police forces. They want to "fundamentally transform" them into a force that will do their bidding - destroy anything that stands against their leftist agenda.

I have said it over and over - COVID was a test; a warmup to establishing their power over us. People who protest against their elected servants, to BEG for the return of their liberties, are arrested and shut down. People who protest the death of one man at the hands of the people who they believe represent their REAL oppression, no only aren't arrested, but are praised.

Most of us are smart enough to see what's at play. But, without a real voice, what can we really do? Watching the thugs loot and destroy our cities, and those business owners can nothing more than look on, because they know if they start shooting, they will go to jail. What a damn shame we have allowed this country to be completely flipped upside down. This is Obama's success - "Fundamentally transforming America".

PsyOps

Pixelated
It is all about the upcoming election. Take insider Trump down that exposed the Swamp that is our Fed Gov. It is so obvious. Trump has got their number, and they are trying to disconnect. Go Trump 2020! :patriot:

I've had this conversation with my wife. She believes there is a conspiracy to affect the election. Well, of course there is. If it wasn't this, it would be something else. The left will always operate on the premise of "never let a crisis got to waste". But, they need a crisis. Floyd's death has some peculiar timing to it. First of all, there is no way Derek Chauvin committed this crime in order to become a pawn to affect the election for the left. But, I am absolutely certain the left is using it for that purpose. But consider where these protests are happening - in cities that won't vote for Trump anyway. In a broader prism, I think the majority of voters are looking at what's going on with disdain and rejection for what the left is attempting to accomplish. I find it impossible most Americans support insane ideas like eliminating our police forces.

My only fear is, if Trump wins again, the radical left will go nuts. I fear these protests are nothing compared to what we will see.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
They don't really want to get rid of our police forces. They want to "fundamentally transform" them into a force that will do their bidding - destroy anything that stands against their leftist agenda.

They want THEIR MOB to met out Justice ......

don't believe in affirmative action - go to jail
don't believe in Gay Marriage - go to jail
don't believe in covid-19 social distancing - go to jail
don't believe in equal pay - go to jail
don't believe in global climate warming change - go to jail

The MOB Will Come For You - like Tucker Carlson or Cassandra Fairbanks

She believes there is a conspiracy to affect the election.

I don't think all of the ' actors ' are coordinating like the Journolist - meeting in back rooms to plot

I do think people in power are acting in a similar fashion or following a similar ideology within their sphere of influence

Smokey1

My only fear is, if Trump wins again, the radical left will go nuts. I fear these protests are nothing compared to what we will see.

Let em go nuts. Maybe they will self-destruct and we will be finally rid of them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But, without a real voice, what can we really do?

Trump is our voice.

How is there anyone who doesn't see that? Why do you think they're trying so hard to take him down? Because he speaks for us, We the People, and not these globalist fascists.

So the answer is to just let them have their way? Take a knee and keep the "peace"? Because they're not already nuts, but they "may go" nuts?

You know, of course, that the second you show your belly to these people they will disembowel you. With every capitulation, they ratchet up their demands. We're watching this in real time and it's stunning to me that some are completely blind to it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I've come to realize that I'm 100% in support of the complete abolition of the police departments in all the major cities. It would, eventually, resolve so many, many long-standing and apparently permanently intransigent problems and save a sh!tton of money too.

for probably the first time ever....I'm in total agreement with all those street freaks.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It would, eventually, resolve so many, many long-standing and apparently permanently intransigent problems and save a sh!tton of money too.

Fair Enough, but you live far enough away to insulated .... it will be a long while before BLM gets to St Georges

Hijinx

Well folks. The protest in Leonardtown was peaceful but I have a question.
If the town and the County can issue a permit for people to gather for a protest, why are the restaurants closed. Why can't my Grandson have a graduation. The excuse is of course the First Amendment I assume but damn don't we all have a right to assemble any time we want.
Let's drop this farcical mask BS that even the "experts can't make a positive asnwer to and get on with our lives without this BS,

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Fair Enough, but you live far enough away to insulated .... it will be a long while before BLM gets to St Georges

And God help them if they do.

The wonderful thing about this country is that everyone can choose where they want to live.

Want to live in a crime infested socially chaotic shithole? Well by god there are a number of them to choose from.

Want to live in a great community that's well run and filled with civic pride and peace? Let me know and I'll give you several dozen recommendations.

If you're too lazy to take control of your life and live how you want, you deserve what you get.