Democrats Beg For Help As Crime Forces Supermarkets to Close in DC.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

First let me clarify, I'm speaking specifically of D.C. and it's southern suburbs, and I still maintain white flight is the biggest factor in it's decline. Now, let me also say that you are absolute correct in inferring that government played the single biggest factor in white flight. Specifically, the federal government.

There already was a large influx of poor white people east of the Anacotia river. The poor whites helped the first black's and everything was cool for awhile, but then more and more blacks came and the federal government didn't want them on Capitol Hill so they forced them all east of the river on the poor whites. With the competition for resources coupled with the mistreatment of blacks by the all white police force, and the refusal of the federal government to alleviate the problem it had created, the resulting powder keg led to violence and by that time the number of whites had decreased substantially from white flight that they had such reduced political power voting became an exercise in futility.

Very true. And well articulated making your position more lucid. I would also say that the Whites were given little choice as well, giving more of a reason to leave. Because when the area around you starts to deteriorate, when you are the only ones that take pride in keeping up with upkeep while others could care less, you leave. I'm sure White people made an effort to lead by example, but it didn't work, so, they left. But I do take exception with the made up term "White flight". Because even blacks that lived there, and other such areas, left as well, not wanting to associate with the dregs. All people have an aversion to bad behaviors and will do what is necessary to live a happy and stress free life.

gemma_rae

For your consideration ...

Very true. And well articulated making your position more lucid. I would also say that the Whites were given little choice as well, giving more of a reason to leave. Because when the area around you starts to deteriorate, when you are the only ones that take pride in keeping up with upkeep while others could care less, you leave. I'm sure White people made an effort to lead by example, but it didn't work, so, they left. But I do take exception with the made up term "White flight". Because even blacks that lived there, and other such areas, left as well, not wanting to associate with the dregs. All people have an aversion to bad behaviors and will do what is necessary to live a happy and stress free life.
I believe you and I agree much more than we disagree. I use the term "White Flight" because It most accurately describes what I felt as a child growing up in the epicenter of this phenomenon.

In my preteens and early teens, I had friends whom I could confide in, and rely on for support, but almost inevitably they'd be gone. Right or wrong, I felt abandoned.

SamSpade

When you remove the checks to ensure the validity of the vote, makes it a bit hard to prove fraud. Which was the fraud. Ever vote from overseas? Oddly enough, you have to request a ballot. And prove you are the person who is voting. When you mass mail ballots to everybody on the rolls, and make sure nobody can validate the rolls for accuracy, you open the election to all sorts of shenanigans which can never be proven.

Like leaving a store wide open and not letting anybody watch it. All the goods will go away, but you can never prove a crime happened.
This is the biggest problem regarding election and voter fraud - you CAN prosecute a PERSON if you can demonstrate they did something illegal - like, vote twice or vote repeatedly in different districts. This DOES happen, and in the case of someone running for office in Maryland, it had the effect of disqualifying her from running for office.

Stuff like THIS - happens. The problem is, it doesn't really get to where we're looking - at CHANGING elections.

THIS part is especially relevant - -

"Like leaving a store wide open and not letting anybody watch it. All the goods will go away, but you can never prove a crime happened."

If you find a dead body on a street, yes, you can conclude a crime took place - just as in your store example, the store being empty of stuff does indicate that everything as stolen - but without a suspect, all you can do is call the insurance company (who will probably question why the door was unlocked or unwatched).

But courts send PEOPLE to jail - they do not make judgments on bad election processes. You know that old joke, where a student blatantly cheats on his exam, and when the professor refuses to accept it, he asks if the professor knows who he is - and when told "no" - he quickly slips his exam into the middle of the exam pile. Election fraud isn't JUST hard to prove - you need SOMEONE to send to jail. What do you do when a dead person mails their vote in? What do you do when a mail drop has a thousand votes, all in the same handwriting, and no name attached to the vote? What do you do when a precinct tallies more votes than registered voters - or a region has more votes CAST than there are eligible persons that CAN vote?

Who do you charge? The voting process? You can't send the system to jail. And as a court, you can't open a thorough investigation - you decide who is guilty. Oh there's a crime committed - you just don't have a person to charge.

And as long as one party always benefits from it, you can bet there'll be no investigation.

We now have an election process so wide open, with so few controls, that it can be exploited to elect just about anyone. It doesn't matter if someone says, oh but we follow all of the processes very strictly - this is like someone convinced they can't get into an accident because they check the rear facing camera - you don't GET everything.

I have a proposal for Project Veritas - make it your aim to cheat and elect a fictitious character - say - Mickey Mouse. PROVE beyond a shadow of a doubt that the voting process can EASILY be thwarted. Because it can. And no one will get caught.

SamSpade

Do people believe there is something CRIMINALLY wrong with "white flight"?

One of my very best friends moved out of Upper Marlboro some years back - it took years of escalating crime for him to finally see the light. The last time I was at his house - he lived on a corner of an intersection - he had three of his neighbors at each OTHER corner have their homes closed and boarded up as a consequence of drug raids. His dog was repeatedly attacked by a neighbor's dog. His kid's bikes were stolen out of their back yard twice (he had no garage). It just finally occurred to him - I don't have to live here.

Where he lives now - in Mechanicsville - none of those sort of things have happened even one time in the ten plus years since he moved.

I used to live in Greenbelt - I had the DEA invade my building in full riot gear to evict my upstairs neighbor. My car was repeatedly vandalized. I had to chase out people invading my home, twice. A woman was raped in the parking lot.

Yeah - I moved away. To down here, in Southern Maryland. In close to thirty years - none of those things happened ONCE. I lived in Greenbelt for three years.

People are fleeing CRIME. Plain and simple.

Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

One of my very best friends moved out of Upper Marlboro some years back - it took years of escalating crime for him to finally see the light. The last time I was at his house - he lived on a corner of an intersection - he had three of his neighbors at each OTHER corner have their homes closed and boarded up as a consequence of drug raids. His dog was repeatedly attacked by a neighbor's dog. His kid's bikes were stolen out of their back yard twice (he had no garage). It just finally occurred to him - I don't have to live here.

Where he lives now - in Mechanicsville - none of those sort of things have happened even one time in the ten plus years since he moved.

I used to live in Greenbelt - I had the DEA invade my building in full riot gear to evict my upstairs neighbor. My car was repeatedly vandalized. I had to chase out people invading my home, twice. A woman was raped in the parking lot.

Yeah - I moved away. To down here, in Southern Maryland. In close to thirty years - none of those things happened ONCE. I lived in Greenbelt for three years.

CRIME-----------------------------by the usual suspects.-----------------------obviously.

herb749

If you ask liberals white people leave because they don't want to live around black people. When someone leaves because of crime they cry BS, its because you're racist.

Reactions: BOP

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have a proposal for Project Veritas - make it your aim to cheat and elect a fictitious character - say - Mickey Mouse. PROVE beyond a shadow of a doubt that the voting process can EASILY be thwarted. Because it can. And no one will get caught.

No, because while Democrats get away with blatant crime, Republicans get thrown in prison without a trial just on suspicion. And I give you the J6 political prisoners as my evidence.

Hijinx

No, because while Democrats get away with blatant crime, Republicans get thrown in prison without a trial just on suspicion. And I give you the J6 political prisoners as my evidence.
2 1/2 years with no bail and no speedy trial. Nancy Pelosi should be extremely proud of herself for that..

And certainly the republicans should be proud of the way they have fought for these people and fought for Justice for the two women the police killed that day.

mitzi

Because even blacks that lived there, and other such areas, left as well, not wanting to associate with the dregs. All people have an aversion to bad behaviors and will do what is necessary to live a happy and stress free life.

They were buying houses across the DC/Maryland line. Mainly federal workers that had a decent salary. We lived in SE until I was 5. A black family bought the house next to and we flighted across the line. Later on mid/late 60s the decent black families flighted across the line too. To this day most of homes there look nice and kept up. The crime is horrendous though.

OccamsRazor

Nope. Merely stating that when i say something i back it up with proof. not just flap my gums
So it is your contention that even with the increased amount of stolen mail, checks, missing mail, and undelivered/wrongly delivered mail that is occurring on a daily basis around the country that somehow the ballots used for mail-in voting are immune to these problems? Is there some kind of elite mail carrier division that handles the ballots? Kinda like the SEAL teams of the USPS??

StmarysCity79

So it is your contention that even with the increased amount of stolen mail, checks, missing mail, and undelivered/wrongly delivered mail that is occurring on a daily basis around the country that somehow the ballots used for mail-in voting are immune to these problems? Is there some kind of elite mail carrier division that handles the ballots? Kinda like the SEAL teams of the USPS??

If anything wouldn't lost or misplaced mail have benefited Trump who received 10 million less votes than Biden did?

Not a great example.

OccamsRazor

If anything wouldn't lost or misplaced mail have benefited Trump who received 10 million less votes than Biden did?

Not a great example.
Set your TDS aside for a moment... if you possibly can. Try to answer the point of the question.
Do you think the USPS mail system has the integrity to be used for the mail-in voting process? Based on all of the facts to the contrary??

Hijinx

I remember when the mail system worked very well.
I believe firmly that it worked well because of the quality of it's employees.
I also believe that it is now failing because of the lack of quality of it's employee's

Can you guess what kind of employee's are prevalent in the USPS now?

StmarysCity79

Set your TDS aside for a moment... if you possibly can. Try to answer the point of the question.
Do you think the USPS mail system has the integrity to be used for the mail-in voting process? Based on all of the facts to the contrary??

Yes. Because it is not the only system in place. Those votes actually have to correspond to the voter rolls so that people can't vote twice. The mail is simply a means of transmission. In many countries people vote by text message. It's only because Trump and the GOP attacked mail in ballots knowing that democrats would use it more that you believe it is an issue.

Again if anything lost or misplaced votes would only help your loser orange god.