dentsville accident rt 6

OldHillcrestGuy

I was going to mention that earlier with the same comment (that they are not an accurate news source). The SUV looks rather well for a head on, but I doubt anyone survived in that gray sedan. :ohwell: The roof is gone and it looks like they used the "jaws of life" (I think that is what they call that extractor) on it. It is peeled apart like whoever was inside was trapped.

All six victims were trapped in their vehicles, 5 in the sedan and the lady in the Trailblazer.
Speed appears to be a factor sedan slide across road and was t-boned by the Trailblazer in the passenger side doors. The Trailblazer had severe front end damage but passenger compartment held up quite well for the impact it took.

Pandora

All six victims were trapped in their vehicles, 5 in the sedan and the lady in the Trailblazer.
Speed appears to be a factor sedan slide across road and was t-boned by the Trailblazer in the passenger side doors. The Trailblazer had severe front end damage but passenger compartment held up quite well for the impact it took.

Thank you for that information, so what is the condition of the 2 survivors in the sedan? Could it potentially be more than 3 deceased?

OldHillcrestGuy

Thank you for that information, so what is the condition of the 2 survivors in the sedan? Could it potentially be more than 3 deceased?

They appear to be non life-threatening. Nothing like what St Marys Today is reporting 'three others on deaths doorstep".

Last edited:

HappyCats

All 5 were students from LaPlata High(my alma mater). So, sad. I know how I felt when we found out one of our classmates had died... I can't imagine 3.

OldHillcrestGuy

All 5 were students from LaPlata High(my alma mater). So, sad. I know how I felt when we found out one of our classmates had died... I can't imagine 3.

Thought they might have been. Maybe even coming home from school after some type of after school activity like maybe football or basketball practice.

mrweb

Iron City

Speed, slick roads, inexperience, I almost lost my elder daughter due to inexperience with the mistake she made with a head-on collision that, for the Grace of God, brought her home safely. Please, please folks, train your kids professionally in addition to the local Drivers-Ed courses.

MMDad

Lem Putt
That scene looks so much like the infamous Lusby crash in January 1999. Pretty much the same scenario.

Fox 5 says 3 critical injuries, and the 5 in the sedan were from LPHS. :ohwell:

Pandora

They appear to be non life-threatening. Nothing like what St Marys Today is reporting 'three others on deaths doorstep".

This is their last update....

LA PLATA UPDATE 9: 09 pm (Nov. 6, 2007) ---- According to Charles County Sheriff's Maj. Joseph Montminy, the three teens killed in this crash on Oliver's Shop Road, all of them boys, were one that was 15 and two were 16 year-olds. They were on their way to basketball practice when the wreck took place. There are three other persons who were flown to shock trauma units. A woman who was driving the white GMC SUV is reportedly in her 30's and was flown to Suburban Hospital with non-life threatening injuries while two other teens, were taken to PG Shock Trauma. A 17-year-old is listed as serious and a 14-year-old is said to be seriously injured and in critical condition. More information and photos from the scene are pending and will be updated shortly. The boys were traveling in a Mercury headed northbound when it collided with the GMC.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
This is their last update....

LA PLATA UPDATE 9: 09 pm (Nov. 6, 2007) ---- According to Charles County Sheriff's Maj. Joseph Montminy, the three teens killed in this crash on Oliver's Shop Road, all of them boys, were one that was 15 and two were 16 year-olds. They were on their way to basketball practice when the wreck took place. There are three other persons who were flown to shock trauma units. A woman who was driving the white GMC SUV is reportedly in her 30's and was flown to Suburban Hospital with non-life threatening injuries while two other teens, were taken to PG Shock Trauma. A 17-year-old is listed as serious and a 14-year-old is said to be seriously injured and in critical condition. More information and photos from the scene are pending and will be updated shortly. The boys were traveling in a Mercury headed northbound when it collided with the GMC.
My heart just aches for all of these families with so many tragedies the past few days. Lots of prayers needed. Two 14 year olds in critical condition. So sad. Makes me treasure my kids so much more than ever and hurt for these parents a whole lot.

mrweb

Iron City
That scene looks so much like the infamous Lusby crash in January 1999. Pretty much the same scenario.

Fox 5 says 3 critical injuries, and the 5 in the sedan were from LPHS. :ohwell:

That's why my elder one didn't get her license until she was nearly 19. She was in Patuxent in 1999 and knew those involved and was scared to drive. I pass it every day driving my 16 y.o. to PHS. With all these accidents...it really frightens me to let my 16 y.o. loose on her own. The down side is that you gotta let them go...

Bay_Kat

Tropical
That brings us back to the law about kids driving a bunch of people places.

I totally agree. I think there are too many distractions for kids when other kids are in the car, not to mention some will tell the driver to go faster, etc. It really makes me sick that this could have be avoided so easily. The baynet actually printed the names of the victims all from LaPlata High. So sad.

OldHillcrestGuy

I totally agree. I think there are too many distractions for kids when other kids are in the car, not to mention some will tell the driver to go faster, etc. It really makes me sick that this could have be avoided so easily. The baynet actually printed the names of the victims all from LaPlata High. So sad.

Charles County Sheriffs Office released the names at 10pm last night, Fox5 gave them out at that time.