DIE - Diversity, Inclusion, Equity

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
šŸ”„šŸ”„ In much better news, conservative filmmaker and anti-DEI crusader Robby Starbuck also made the Wall Street Journal. Headline from yesterday: ā€œFord, Coors Light and Other Brands Retreat From a Gay-Rights Index.ā€ Boomerang! The sub-headline explained, ā€œThe Human Rights Campaign used a ranking of companies to advance same-sex benefits; now an activist is using the index to pressure CEOs.ā€

image.png

Harley-Davidson, Tractor Supply, Jack Danielā€™s distiller Brown-Forman, Ford, and now Molson Coorā€™s have all ā€œscaled backā€ their ā€œdiversity initiativesā€ ā€” after Robby Starbuck called them out. Starbuck pointed out that the corporationsā€™ support for LGBTQ groups means conservative customers are being forced to support and subsidize stuff they hate, like sexually transitioning employeesā€™ transgender children.

According to the story, ā€œFord, Molson Coors and other companies plan to stop providing data for the Corporate Equality Index produced by HRCā€™s foundation.ā€ In other words, they are entirely opting out of the gay scoring system. They donā€™t want their companiesā€™ names appearing on LGBTQ allies lists.

For his part, Starbuck has been taking a well-deserved social media victory lap and marveling over how easy his job is getting:

image 9.png

CLIP: Robby Starbuck discusses his successful anti-DEI crusade (2:51).

Robby Starbuck is one guy. Heā€™s not even a particularly large influencer, with about 600,000 followers, an appreciable but non-competitive figure. Most of his followers joined in the wake of his campaign to out conservative companies embracing DEI.

One struggles to find comparable influencers like Starbuck on the left. Dylan Mulvaney? Rebekah Jones? Maybe Iā€™m missing something, but it seems to me like the right owns this influential anti-narrative space. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that the Democrat party is wholly owned by the fascistic coalition of deep state groups Weinstein described. Purely as a disguise, the Democrat party apparatus ā€”whoever that isā€” loudly advocates for grievance groups that do not threaten its entrenched interests.

But that is a topic for another post, and I am already behind schedule this morning. Let me know what you think about these heady issues in the comments.