Dinner Thread!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I could see how bad the wind had been when I dropped the girlies at home after the movie and linner. Town Creek was a mess.

I could only take it for a couple of hours and came home early. In sweatpants and warm fuzzy slippers now. Ahh...

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I should have come hit you up for food.

We had Shopper's chicken, and I had a jello cup, then a cup of diced peaches.

We had plenty, and you would have been welcome! I made extra because of our extra in da house, but also for the leftovers for the guys. Good thing I planned a cool-ish rainy weather meal, FH came home from camping with a froggy froat and the sneezles. :frown:

I hope I don't catch anything! :jameo:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
took out some previously slow-cooked pork carnitas out of the freezer. Going to pair it with some cilantro rice, black beans, guacamole, and salsa, and make our own "carnitas burrito bowls" :drool:

Been gone a lot lately and haven't been home to cook a real meal in over a week so I've already planned a few cozy meals this week with this weather. I managed to get to Harris Teeter during my lunch and the place was still packed!
We have planned:
- broiled steaks with some herb butter, baked potatoes, and sauteed garlic broccoli rabe
- chicken and veggie with a creamy gravy over brown rice
- anddd chili with cornbread :smile:

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Today is a fasting day so I'm not reading Lucky Bee's post.

*hmpf*

:razz:

how's this: my future step son complained to me the other week that I don't make *normal* meals. Apparently, it's now considered embarassing because hamburger helper or stoffer's lasagna is never on my menu :mad: joke's on him, that's exactly the reason his dad is marrying me :lmao:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:razz:

how's this: my future step son complained to me the other week that I don't make *normal* meals. Apparently, it's now considered embarassing because hamburger helper or stoffer's lasagna is never on my menu :mad: joke's on him, that's exactly the reason his dad is marrying me :lmao:

Complaining about home cooked food. What is wrong with that child??

luvmygdaughters

Boneless/skinless chicken breasts cut lengthwise and flattened, stuffed with spinach, cream cheese and sundried tomatoes, rolled up and baked for about 35 minutes. Before serving, sprinkle with feta.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Boneless/skinless chicken breasts cut lengthwise and flattened, stuffed with spinach, cream cheese and sundried tomatoes, rolled up and baked for about 35 minutes. Before serving, sprinkle with feta.

That sounds really good. Stuffing chicken breasts was always a bad day de-stresser for me back in the day.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I always felt a triple bourbon was an excellent medication for stress!

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Grilled chicken and a yuuuge salad. :yahoo:

I took out Nathan's hot dogs so FH could grill those for the guys, with leftover chili to put on them, except no one wanted the leftover chili on them. :lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Grilled pork chops with Cajun mustard sauce, spinach sauteed in garlic and butter, and mashed loaded cauliflower.

:yum: