Dinner

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Actually I thought it was great. Just finished dinner and it tasted as good as ever. Coleslaw is great too. Maybe I’m just not as sensitive to the salt.

I have been accused of being insensitive.

I find most restaurant food, including fried chicken, underseasoned and bland.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I find most restaurant food, including fried chicken, underseasoned and bland.
True enough. I think they try to hard to appeal to a broad spectrum and just washes out anything special about the food. That and the people making it really aren’t cooks in the truest sense of the word.

I like Chaptico market a lot, but I’ve never been a fan of KFC or Popeyes for that matter. Good fried chicken is one of those things that is really hard to find.

Grumpy

I like Chaptico market a lot, but I’ve never been a fan of KFC or Popeyes for that matter. Good fried chicken is one of those things that is really hard to find.
Funny, I've always liked KFC and heard all these great things about Popeyes. Tried it twice, thought it was the biggest waste of money

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Funny, I've always liked KFC and heard all these great things about Popeyes. Tried it twice, thought it was the biggest waste of money
I worked at Gino's/KFC for about 2 weeks after HS graduation. Although their extra crispy was good after a night of partying, the original recipe was always my favorite. Popeye's reminds me of the EC KFC chicken, with just a little bit more spice. Mattingly's IGA had some fairly good fried chicken when Bernice worked the deli, back in the 70s.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Today was beef rib day at Back Beach BBQ, so that's what we did. After the holidays I want to get a job there. 😋

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Made a big pot of chili on Sunday with left over rib roast cut off the bone and cubed. Good stuff!
My niece sent me a recipe for chili, it starts with 6 cans of tomato product and 4 cans of beans, for meat a pound of ground turkey if desired. I'm thinking she's adopted or switched at birth.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
My niece sent me a recipe for chili, it starts with 6 cans of tomato product and 4 cans of beans, for meat a pound of ground turkey if desired. I'm thinking she's adopted or switched at birth.
:lol:
I've been using ground turkey in my chili for a long time. I prefer it now to beef.

I get the same thing when I hear turkey bacon.
Tried feeding my husband that once… he not only said no but he’ll no never again.

A few weeks later he was bellowing curse words from the kitchen. I ran in to see what was on fire only to find him holding a carton of ice cream and saying “I’ll be damned if I am eating turkey in my ice cream!” :burning:
Only then did I realize how scarred he was from reading labels looking for fake meat… it was Turkey Hill brand. :doh:

UglyBear

Fondue is what’s for New Year’s dinner.
And I had to polish off 4/5 of the champagne bottle, cause Mrs is not that much of a drinker after having kids.
So yeah, I’m full of cheese and drunk. Feeling French.
I’ll go shoot off some fireworks .
Happy New Year, SoMD! :bday: