Dinner

frequentflier

happy to be living
I did grow it in my garden. This is almost the last of them, ate the bigger ones first, figured smaller would keep better.

I first had them a few years ago from the Loveville produce auction. They are basically butternuts, but smaller, darker, and sweeter. Super easy to grow. Largest was about 9 inches long.

And the kale is new to me also, called Lacinato. It's an heirloom, grows tall and slightly curled, dark blue/green. It is delicious! Just a bit more to pick this fall, hope it comes back in the spring.

My garden this year was a bit of a disappointment, but what did grow was very good. Love producing some of my own food!

Our property is almost all shade and sandy soil. I would love to be able to grow my own food. Priority when we locate (providing my arthritis isn't much worse)

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Made chili for dinner.

Should’ve kept a better eye On my spice cabinet. I was just a little short on cumin and I think the chili powder’s just a little too old. It definitely wasn’t the best pot

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My folks sent us an Omaha Steaks CARE package that included a pack of hot dogs, so I got the stuff for Chicago dogs and Fritos for dinner tonight. 😋

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Made chili for dinner.

Should’ve kept a better eye On my spice cabinet. I was just a little short on cumin and I think the chili powder’s just a little too old. It definitely wasn’t the best pot
I made a small pot on Monday and it's one of the better "throw together" pots I've made in a long time. Added a bit more sage than usual which may have helped. Reruns tonight with leftover cinnamon corn muffins.
My folks sent us an Omaha Steaks CARE package that included a pack of hot dogs, so I got the stuff for Chicago dogs and Fritos for dinner tonight. 😋
Mommy Dearest gave me an Omaha Steak package for Christmas. I was surprised to see hot dogs included as well. What's a Chicago dog? Is it full of bullet holes? I was going to get some good sauerkraut to go on them.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What's a Chicago dog? Is it full of bullet holes?

:lol:

It's "dragged through the garden"

The only dog I like better is the Hangry Dragon from a truck in Austin.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Great big cheeseburger with mustard and pepper relish, lays potato chips and pimento dip.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I'd like some chili tonight, but my crock pot died a few months ago, never replaced it. Guess I'm going to have to resort to using ...

:gasp:

... a pot on the stove... :yikes:

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Made chili for dinner.

I keep chopped habaneros in the freezer for bumping thing up a bite.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I’m getting chicken and the Fixin’s from Chaptico market.
You really need to try the chicken at the Leonardtown Fast Stop (across the street from the HS)
Chicken, potato wedges and a container of gravy.
AWESOME!!!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You really need to try the chicken at the Leonardtown Fast Stop (across the street from the HS)
Chicken, potato wedges and a container of gravy.
AWESOME!!!!

FastStop does have excellent fried chicken. I used to go to the one over in Lusby. Yum yum yum.