Dinner

NextJen

Raisin cane
Took advantage of being off work and went to Heritage 485 for a late lunch. They were having a special on any dish with crab. Had Maryland crab soup and a crab cake sandwich. I am still full!

phreddyp

Again? :eyebrow:

Shake and Bake chicken thighs.

And allow me to beat someone to the punch.... "Shake and Bake? Does anyone still use that anymore?"
And my response... "Oh, and this coming from someone who likes boxed stuffing???"
Shake and bake regular is great , not much on the BBQ though.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I finally broke down and tried the snake head fish last Friday. Hubby's crazy about fried catfish, went to the local seafood market and the catfish just didnt look that good. The fish next to it looked wonderful, fresh & white. I didnt recognize the name of the fish, so I asked the young lady working, she advised it was Snakehead...I shook my head and said no thanks. She asked if I had ever tried it and I replied no, just cant get past the damn name. She said it is delicious and she actually liked it better than Rockfish! What the hell, I bought a couple pounds, took it home, fried like a catfish and it was...DELICIOUS!!!! I didnt tell hubby until he had finished it that it wasnt catfish. He was pleasantly surprised too!!
I've had a couple people tell me its very good, wanna try it.

What market did you get it from?

Hopefully someone will rename it, just doesn't sound appetizing.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Summertime, and the eating is FINE!

luvmygdaughters

I've had a couple people tell me its very good, wanna try it.

What market did you get it from?

Hopefully someone will rename it, just doesn't sound appetizing.
Crab Knockers! It was very good!! I'm like you, just couldnt get past the name, but I was pleasantly surprised!!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Today was the Seligman Days parade downtown. After we watched it we walked to Roadkill Cafe and had chili and onion rings. There is no grocery store here within 20 miles, and we have run out of provisions. Tomorrow we move to civilization.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Grilled burgers, dogs and corn. Ice cream for dessert. Now we all rest in a food coma in front of the TV. Poor dog is afraid of the cats. :lmao:

General Lee

Shrimp and and a 1/2 bushel of crabs. Was hesitant getting crabs because of the recent full moon, but the #2's were fairly fat and flavor was good.

I made an orange cranberry loaf a few days ago. It's good, but lacking something. Ice cream. Hagen Das almond vanilla. Much better.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Chicken breast, marinated overnight in olive oil with garlic, thyme and rosemary. Sautéed, covered and cooked through.
Served with Rice pilaf, peas and carrots. Iced tea with a little lime juice.

Grumpy

Strawberry ice cream waffle cone from Mrs Moos.

Not the least bit hungry today. Doubt its the heat, really haven't spent much time outside in it.