Disappointing service with the vet

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Well I will say 2 weeks ago I had an emergency...needed a C sec on a cat early morning...I called Tidewater I told them "I have a cat that needs a C sec when can I bring her in." I took her right in and left her and picked her up later that afternoon..they squeezed her in for surgery....She came out of it gret and I was very happy ...but :nomoney:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
PrepH4U said:
Catt is that because of the toxic reactions & allergies that can happen with the dogs? I think you must have read the same articles that I have in the dog journal. I do the same with my dogs, esp after reading that english sheepdogs were a breed very susceptible to reactions.

Exactly and because they are totally not necessary. I get the puppy shots and the first year booster..even stopped getting the cats vaccinated. I get the rabies shots and I changed over to yearly rabies for the cats because of cancer issues with the 3-year. I do titer them yearly to make sure their immunity levels are good.

I read a bunch of stuff in the Whole Dog Journal plus there's tons of information on the internet. And if you really press the vets, they'll admit it. I'm lucky, I have a great vet and she really works with me to take the best care of my critters.

cattitude said:
I do titer them yearly to make sure their immunity levels are good.
This is important to point out. I'd hate to see a bunch of folks jumping on the "to heck with vaccinations" bandwagon on their own without doing research and fully understanding how to do it safely.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
kwillia said:
This is important to point out. I'd hate to see a bunch of folks jumping on the "to heck with vaccinations" bandwagon on their own without doing research and fully understanding how to do it safely.

And it is also important to have them looked over yearly, especially as they age. Dogs and cats (especially cats) are good at hiding illness. It's good to have a blood panel run yearly to check their liver and kidney function before it's too late to do anything to slow the progression of disease.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
bresamil said:
Nope. They're the ones that are working her into their schedule.

Good for you - I've been a Three Notch Vet customer since Langford and Veitch opened up. They are totally awesome. I'm sure you'll appreciate their professionalism.

PrepH4U

teverheart2002 said:
:yay: I am the same with mine. I'm afraid that with Bandit's epilepsy something might set him off.
I am glad that you don't with Bandit, I agree that it may trigger a siezure. Esp after reading that it may even cause epilepsy. :yay:

PrepH4U

cattitude said:
And it is also important to have them looked over yearly, especially as they age. Dogs and cats (especially cats) are good at hiding illness. It's good to have a blood panel run yearly to check their liver and kidney function before it's too late to do anything to slow the progression of disease.
Exactly! :yay:

pgtransplant

anyone use Dr.Terry in Calloway village? I have had my dog in there several times and they get me in the day I call...its a husband and wife that are both Dr.'s and know there stuff they both know there stuff

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
When we first moved her I used Three Notch. I used them for a good 15 years, trusted their word on everything. If they wanted to run a test, then by gosh run the test. Always paid cash, as many animals as I had I was in there more often than I would care to be. When it was time to euthanize my animals I trusted them to do it.

Fast forward to one of my dogs. We were doing some things that we knew were last effort to make her comfortable. They made a mistake in how things should have been handled, she was dying. I could deal with the mistake, what I could not deal with was their callousness. When my dog laid dying in the garage on Saturday night through early Monday morning, and I finally get through to the answering service, which calls my "trusted" vet - all I wanted was for her to come put her out of her misery. I didn't think I was asking too much, I had been a faithful client for over 15 years.

This dog weighed 160 pounds and could not at this point even stand up. This caring (ha) vet, said to tell me the office opens at 9:00 am, bring her in then.

My dog died finally at 3:00 a.m. Monday morning. I didn't go to work that day, took my girl up to a crematorium. Three Notch had the balls to call my office that afternoon to see if I was bringing her in... my co-worker said no, considering she had died early that morning.

I never heard a word from them - period. When I was calm enough I went to get my records on all of my animals, the receptionist asked how my dog was, when I finished the story she was crying, she went and told the "partners" how it was handled, I still never heard anything. They never even noted in my records.

I now use St. Mary's and couldn't be happier, I've seen almost every vet in the place and they all know my animals and treat me like a valued client.

The only way I'll ever step foot in Three Notch again, is when hell freezes over and they are the last vet in the area. When vets are more interested in $$ than animals, their clients need to find alternate care.

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
huntr1 said:
Ever since we moved down here 5 years ago we have used Tidewater. Until Remington had his neck issues (not going into that here, already been addressed in another thread) that is. Tidewater couldn't see us, the vets were all on farm call, and they couldn't even give me any idea of when I could bring him in. Called 3 Notch and they said bring him in right away. Tidewater may be closer (by FAR), but 3 Notch gets my business now.
Exact same thing here. Tidewater refused to see my girl, called 3 Notch, they got me in right away and my B spent 4 days in the Hospital. That's how serious it was and Tidewater won't see me again.

checkingthenews

C'mon...Smile!
cattitude said:
Sounds weird then. I have issues with the receptionists where we go. I do not get my dogs yearly vaccinations and the receptionists treat me like I'm a bad owner EVERY time I go there.

Why don't you protect your dogs with the annual vaccinations? You don't even get rabies shots for your dogs? :nono:

greyhound

I have to chime in on the Tidewater issue. When we got our dogs we took them to Tidewater because we were told good things about them. Our dogs went to them for a couple of years. One day I can home and one of the Greys was in distress. I thought it was bloat. Called Tidewater and they refused to see him. And were not sympathetic. Could get him in, in a week. Well, if it was bloat he would be dead in a couple hours. Called PF animal hospital they called Waldorf Hospital and they were waiting for him when we came through the door. Turns out he didn't have bloat but was suffering from heart failure. He had water around the outer membrane of the heart. His organs were getting ready to shut down. They took great care of him and PF followed with great after care. He is doing wonderful now. We have spent a great deal of money in the care of our dogs. None of which Tidewater will ever see!

FancyBelle

I'm 2 old 2 die young!
greyhound said:
I have to chime in on the Tidewater issue. When we got our dogs we took them to Tidewater because we were told good things about them. Our dogs went to them for a couple of years. One day I can home and one of the Greys was in distress. I thought it was bloat. Called Tidewater and they refused to see him. And were not sympathetic. Could get him in, in a week. Well, if it was bloat he would be dead in a couple hours. Called PF animal hospital they called Waldorf Hospital and they were waiting for him when we came through the door. Turns out he didn't have bloat but was suffering from heart failure. He had water around the outer membrane of the heart. His organs were getting ready to shut down. They took great care of him and PF followed with great after care. He is doing wonderful now. We have spent a great deal of money in the care of our dogs. None of which Tidewater will ever see!
:huggy: Glad he's doing OK.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
checkingthenews said:
Why don't you protect your dogs with the annual vaccinations? You don't even get rabies shots for your dogs? :nono:

They're not required every single year. It's a scam to make more money.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
greyhound said:

Greyhounds require special care, and some vet's aren't able to provide it. They'll be happy to provide the basics, but when it gets serious greyhounds need a vet that is familiar with the breed. But then, I'm sure you know that.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
checkingthenews said:

You obviously do not know me, nor have your read anything I've posted.

R

rallwine2000

I will never go back to Three Notch. I left after about 12 yrs as a client. Ms. Bates the office manager is the worst. I could not believe how unprofessional she was. She wouldn't even let me speak to the vet who was taking care of my dog. I left that day and left with my records and went straight to St. Mary's Vet. Hospital and can not praise them enough.