Divorce and the last name.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
If a couple gets divorced, should the wife be forced to go back to her maiden name? Why would she want to keep her ex-husbands last name anyhow? I think some keep it for simplicity and others because they still have feelings for their ex. Do they keep his name for their childrens sake? I'm just curious.

W

Wenchy

Chasey_Lane said:
If a couple gets divorced, should the wife be forced to go back to her maiden name? Why would she want to keep her ex-husbands last name anyhow? I think some keep it for simplicity and others because they still have feelings for their ex. Do they keep his name for their childrens sake? I'm just curious.

I kept mine for simplicity (children/business etc) When I remarried I took DH's name.

DH's ex had his last name for years, but also changed it when she got remarried.

Not a big deal in either case, and it had absolutely nothing to do with feelings for the ex.

CMC122

Go Braves!
Wenchy said:
I kept mine for simplicity (children/business etc) When I remarried I took DH's name.

DH's ex had his last name for years, but also changed it when she got remarried.

Not a big deal in either case, and it had absolutely nothing to do with feelings for the ex.
If I were in that situation I'd say :yeahthat: So really it's hypothetically:biggrin:

W

Wenchy

Dougstermd said:
she musta been a good pick cause somebody married her less than two weeks after the divorce was final :lalala:

Keep telling yourself that. :lmao:

Vince

Can't answer this one. My ex was remarried the same month the divorce was final and took her new husbands name. So.....:shrug:

I would keep my current last name because it flows so well with my first name... Kwillia Kwickenhopper has a certain ring to it. :coffee:

Vince

kwillia said:
I would keep my current last name because it flows so well with my first name... Kwillia Kwickenhopper has a certain ring to it. :coffee:
It's perfect. Has the certain something I just can't put my finger on. :jameo:

J

jaybeeztoo

Chasey_Lane said:

I'm keeping mine for several reasons.

1. Simplicity.
2. I like my married name better than my maiden name as a last name.
3. I've already dropped my given middle name for my maiden name.
4. I want the same last name as my children.

I will always have a bond with my ex-DH, but I don't feel keeping his name has anything to do with that.