Divorced Wiccans fight Judge's order.

Triggerfish

HiddenOne said:
almost all religions make similar claims though, that there is only one way into heaven.... yes i know there are some who make no such claim, but i'm speaking of the majority that do

Almost all or almost all that you are familiar with? Islam, Judaism and Christianity does not make almost all the religions. There are still hundreds perhaps thousands of other religions. They may make up a large percentage of the population but not even 1% of the total religions available on the planet.

HiddenOne

Triggerfish said:
Almost all or almost all that you are familiar with? Islam, Judaism and Christianity does not make almost all the religions. There are still hundreds perhaps thousands of other religions. They may make up a large percentage of the population but not even 1% of the total religions available on the planet.

eh, yeah the "big 3" all claim that, but there are many more that claim it as well... and while I'm not an expert on all religions (as many as there are, who could be? :lol:) I have studied or at the very least looked into a number of them

paxetonic

IR1RU12
Semantics or grammar or something...

Triggerfish said:
I've never heard of this opinion before. Some may think their religion is better or correct and others wrong but dominant?

You are right, I stand corrected. :notworthy "Dominant" is probably not the right word to use. Perhaps "superior"? :shrug: Either way, my point was that the followers of any religion think that their religion is the only right way to eternal life (heaven or otherwise) despite their tolerance for the existence of other religions.

Triggerfish

HiddenOne said:
eh, yeah the "big 3" all claim that, but there are many more that claim it as well...

Big 3 in the western hemisphere, Europe, Middle East and some parts of Asia perhaps but in most of Asia, Hinduism, Buddhism and Confucianism are the big 3 claiming billions.

willie

paxetonic said:
You are right, I stand corrected. :notworthy "Dominant" is probably not the right word to use. Perhaps "superior"? :shrug: Either way, my point was that the followers of any religion think that their religion is the only right way to eternal life (heaven or otherwise) despite their tolerance for the existence of other religions.
Specifically, what religions are as intolerant toward non-believers as Fundamentalist Christians and Muslims? As consumed as he was about religion, even Zupchick only tried to convert you not condemn you. I don't remember his particular faith.†