DIY haircolor tip

kwillia said:
My sis came over last night and we went to Sally's to get stuff to do her hair again. She picked a reddish brown.... it turned out great! :cartwheel

Pssst... Catt... her and I are going to experiment with foil highlights in her hair today... I'll let you know how it turns out! :cartwheel
This was a bust... I now know that they mean when they say "color does not lift color"... the highlights did absolutely nothing at all on her just colored hair. :ohwell:

I'm confused as to how those two step kits allow a person to color and highlight on the same day...:confused:

Vince

For all you women out there that use a dark hair color, do your husbands a favor and don't color you hair in the shower and leave it standing in the bottom of a fiberglass type bathtub. It will stain it. Ex-wife did it a very long time ago and I just got all the stain out. Had to use paint stripper. :yikes:

greyhound

Vince said:
For all you women out there that use a dark hair color, do your husbands a favor and don't color you hair in the shower and leave it standing in the bottom of a fiberglass type bathtub. It will stain it. Ex-wife did it a very long time ago and I just got all the stain out. Had to use paint stripper. :yikes:

ewe...Why would you color your hair in the shower?

Vince

greyhound said:
ewe...Why would you color your hair in the shower?
Don't ask me. I didn't do it. Guess that's where she washed it out afterward. :shrug: The stain has been there for about 6 years and I finally got it out with paint stripper.

greyhound said:
Have you used the Revlon 2 step kit? I works very well.
Yep... I know that works. But I tried something different this weekend and it didn't work... I was wondering why their highlighting worked, yet how come what I tried this weekend didn't make a difference...:eyebrow:

Jameo

What?!
kwillia said:
This was a bust... I now know that they mean when they say "color does not lift color"... the highlights did absolutely nothing at all on her just colored hair. :ohwell:

I'm confused as to how those two step kits allow a person to color and highlight on the same day...:confused:

I use the Loreal Colour Expert kits. I love em!!! It seems impossible to mess up your hair.

greyhound said:
What brand did you use?
We colored her hair with Ion reddish brown coloring and a 20 developer. The next day, I hit her with "very light blonde" highlights coloring and used a 30 developer thinking that would work. But it didn't change a thing.

Vrai has often made the statement "color will not lift color" and I have read it several times while researching the subject, but it wasn't until my little experiment this weekend that I actually understood what they were saying. My question is... since the Revlon 2 step is a "full head coloring" followed by highlights... what is different? Why do their highlights "take"...:confused:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
pixiegirl said:
Measuring cup. :huggy: :lmao:

You're welcome.
Okay, don't make fun of me. :bawl: I was thinking measuring cup, but then I was afraid of using dangerous chemicals in the same receptacle used to measure sugar for my sweet tea. :frown:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
kwillia said:
We colored her hair with Ion reddish brown coloring and a 20 developer. The next day, I hit her with "very light blonde" highlights coloring and used a 30 developer thinking that would work. But it didn't change a thing.

Vrai has often made the statement "color will not lift color" and I have read it several times while researching the subject, but it wasn't until my little experiment this weekend that I actually understood what they were saying. My question is... since the Revlon 2 step is a "full head coloring" followed by highlights... what is different? Why do their highlights "take"...:confused:
Maybe they add an extra chemical that lifts the color. :shrug:

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
kwillia said:
It sounds like you got two boxes of coloring; one dark color and one blonde color. Am I mistaken? You need to actually "lift" (highlight) the color; not deposit it.

greyhound

kwillia said:

Was the coloring and highlighting you were using compatable...made to be used together. The highlighting color in all the Revlon kits is the same. so no matter the all over color the highlights are the same.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Nickel said:
Okay, don't make fun of me. :bawl: I was thinking measuring cup, but then I was afraid of using dangerous chemicals in the same receptacle used to measure sugar for my sweet tea. :frown:

I will further make fun of you for:

a) either using a liquid measuring cup to measure sugar

or

b) considering using a dry measuring cup to measure liquid hair color/developer

and/or

c) not knowing there was a diffence between liquid/dry measuring cups

sooooo :tap: which one shall it be? :razz:

Seriously, as long as you run it through the dishwasher it should be fine. I wouldn't use it on a regular basis but once shouldn't taint it. :yay:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
pixiegirl said:
I will further make fun of you for:

a) either using a liquid measuring cup to measure sugar

or

b) considering using a dry measuring cup to measure liquid hair color/developer

and/or

c) not knowing there was a diffence between liquid/dry measuring cups

sooooo :tap: which one shall it be? :razz:

Seriously, as long as you run it through the dishwasher it should be fine. I wouldn't use it on a regular basis but once shouldn't taint it. :yay:
No comment. :ohwell:

Now go lasso your cockroach! :spank:

Chasey_Lane said:
Anyone have links for highlighting/lowlighting pictures? I can't find any (that have been posted on here) anywhere. :tap:
I thought you already got your hair did today...:eyebrow: