DO NOT EAT at Charlie's Deli in Ridge

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I doubt this actually happened the way the OP suggests. If it did, I'd like to see a picture.

I didn't think this thread was going to go her way.

:yeahthat:

During the hurricane I took all my out of state crews there for lunch.... they treated my guys GREAT!!!!! And come to find out they didnt have power at their house at the time.... as we spoke waiting for our orders... we were working on their road!!

They thanked the guys for all the work they were doing and really took care of them. :yahoo:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I've always thought Charlie's Deli was over rated. I ate their years ago, when they were still in the park. I had an over priced chicken salad sandwich. I could have done a better job myself, since I make the best chicken salad anywhere. I've never been back.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
I've always thought Charlie's Deli was over rated. I ate their years ago, when they were still in the park. I had an over priced chicken salad sandwich. I could have done a better job myself, since I make the best chicken salad anywhere. I've never been back.

You DO make the best chicken salad :drool:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I love Charlie's Deli and I love Charlie himself. Never had a problem with either one. I also have never had my french fries melt the styrofoam in the take away container. Not to mention I've never had a problem with a special request.

If the OP is unhappy, then I'm sorry for you. But you are correct, you really shouldn't eat there again.

However, I will continue to do so. I also encourage everyone else to as well. Well, as long as you aren't expecting NYC in a box. :lmao:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Really? A boycott because of a botched order and (God forbid) hot fries? Oh, the outrage!

Sure makes the food poisoning I got from Catamaran's seem minor. I can just be grateful that they didn't put cheese and onions on my salad.

lovinmaryland

We ate their once because we heard of all the hype here on the boards and thought it was just ehhh. For awhile I thought I was the only one. But then again I am really picky.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
We ate their once because we heard of all the hype here on the boards and thought it was just ehhh. For awhile I thought I was the only one. But then again I am really picky.

The chicken salad I had was around $7. (this was a long time ago, so I don't remember exactly), and it was large chunks of chicken in mayo between two slices of white bread. I don't even think they salted it. That was it. $7.

The chicken salad I had was around $7. (this was a long time ago, so I don't remember exactly), and it was large chunks of chicken in mayo between two slices of white bread. I don't even think they salted it. That was it. $7.

I remember that a few years ago the $7 charge also included the side & drink (w/refills)... but it was a few years ago... maybe the chicken salad was uniquely priced and I just don't remember that...:shrug:

Radiant1

Soul Probe

I eat there on occasion because it's close to home, but I find his food these days kind of blah as well. When he re-opened I was really looking forward to having one of his reubens again, and was disappointed when it came with dried-out corned beef and undrained sauerkraut. I thought maybe I just caught him on a bad day so I've tried other things on the menu and find them mediocre as well. Most sandwiches now are around $10 and you pay extra for fries. It just isn't the same as it used to be. :frown:

I will say, though, the portions are HUGE.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I eat there on occasion because it's close to home, but I find his food these days kind of blah as well. When he re-opened I was really looking forward to having one of his reubens again, and was disappointed when it came with dried-out corned beef and undrained sauerkraut. I thought maybe I just caught him on a bad day so I've tried other things on the menu and find them mediocre as well. Most sandwiches now are around $10 and you pay extra for fries. It just isn't the same as it used to be. :frown:

I will say, though, the portions are HUGE.

I love Charlie but the Reuben at the Baymart blows them all away. It literally is a two day lunch no sides included.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I remember that a few years ago the $7 charge also included the side & drink (w/refills)... but it was a few years ago... maybe the chicken salad was uniquely priced and I just don't remember that...:shrug:

I meant that was it for the chicken salad. Anyone can cut chicken into chunks and slather some mayo on it. I think it may have included a drink, but don't remember fries. I just thought it was a fairly pathetic chicken salad sandwich. No lettuce, tomato, seasoning... I think their may have been a pickle.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I was hoping to invite you and Mr. over to the house someday, but now am skeered. I don't cook very well.

Deviled eggs are yummy.

I'm not really a good cook, there are just a few things that I do really well. Chicken salad and deviled eggs are two of those things. We'd love an invite, though...just as soon all of :gossip: relatives leave :biggrin: