Do you like Palin?

Do you like Sarah Palin as McCain's VP choice?

• Yes, she's great.

Votes: 135 79.9%
  • No, I think McCain should have picked someone else

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • No, I am a Obama supporter and am afraid she'll win so I need to post for stupid info about her.

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What troubles me the most about this issue is the double standard employed by the media and the talking heads. I think this video clip illustrates it best...

Yes, I agree. Jon Stewart's double-standard is very frustrating.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Some positive rumors about Sarah Palin, from pajamasmedia.com:

Yes, she did smoke marijuana, when it was legal in Alaska. Yes, she apparently did inhale.
Yes, she kills animals and eats them, and wears their skins.
Yes, she was a beauty contest contestant.
Yes, she was once a sportscaster.
Yes, she has a college degree in journalism, but I won’t hold that against her, as she seems to have found honest work as well.
Yes, she sometimes wears her hair up; no that’s not a “beehive.”

At least she's carrying on the tradition!! :lmao:

PS: She probably shops on-line at Cabelas and Woolrich too. :lol:

This_person

Link to the info on the stolen senate seat,
Chicago Tribune, see also the CNN special "Obama Revealed", or read CNN's account of the situation (I'd link other sites, but I bet you'd find them "biased"
voting record
Here's one from the Internation Herald Tribune, or the NYT - both on the "present" votes. As far as his Senate voting record, I'll apologize and state that I was wrong. He hasn't missed "the majority", as I stated. It's only 45.5% of his current job's votes. Of course, when he did decide to vote, he voted with Bush 40% (2007) and 49% (2006) of the time. Maybe that's why he doesn't vote much

Always fun to see how facts keep people away from their dumbass positions.

Kerad

I love her!!!! :yahoo:

She's Super Duper Awesome and is pretty and is a woman with glasses and shoots guns and stuff and is a pretty woman and is nice and shiny and has a whole crapload of kids and is gonna be a Grandma and stuff and is a hockey Mom (even though we don't like hockey in America) and has a husband who is sorta pretty and is in a union (even though we hate unions) and kills animals....and....ummm...and is against things until she's for them, and for things (Bridge to Nowhere) until it's been killed, and then she's against them...and is all about abstinence and no birth-control which obviously didn't even work in her own family but who cares and the other way around and doesn't know what the Vice-President does until John McCain picks her to be VP and then after she's been properly programmed she now knows.

And stuff!

:yahoo:

Last edited:

This_person

She's Super Duper Awesome and is pretty and is a woman with glasses and shoots guns and stuff and is a pretty woman and is nice and shiny and has a whole crapload of kids and is gonna be a Grandma and stuff and is a hockey Mom (even though we don't like hockey in America) and has a husband who is sorta pretty and is in a union (even though we hate unions) and kills animals....and....ummm...and is against things until she's for them, and for things (Bridge to Nowhere) until it's been killed, and then she's against them...and is all about abstinence and no birth-control which obviously didn't even work in her own family but who cares and the other way around and doesn't know what the Vice-President does until John McCain picks her to be VP and then after she's been properly programmed she now knows.

And stuff!

She's pretty, but that's really not the point for anyone but Dems trying to belittle her accomplishments by sexualizing her.

She shoots guns and is for the 2nd Amendment as written, that's good.

I think you'd be hard pressed to tell ME, MI, MN, MT, WA, ID, WI, ND, etc., etc., that America doesn't like hockey. And, hockey is just a cold, skating soccer. Tell all the soccer families that we don't like soccer :lol: Besides, I thought you Dems wanted Americans to be for things other countries like.

Her husband is (as she is) blue collar. That he's in a union just means that there's one more place unions stole a hold over, but he's still one of us. Besides, I thought you Dems wanted us to be for unions, so what's your beef?

Against things until she's for them? You mean she's a politician that was for something to get elected, then against it when push came to shove? In Dems, that's called growth - maturity of thought.

When every kid who's been taught about birth control, condoms, etc., etc., doesn't get pregnant, THEN you can compare whether what Bristol learned at home (not at school, since she was taught BC at school) had any effect. Until then, it's pointless to compare or discuss.

She stated she wanted to know exactly what the job entailed, what her role would be - not that she didn't know what a VP does. There's a difference between asking what a VP does, and what a VP does "all day".

But, if you'd like to discuss something of substance regarding her positions, I'd be glad to do that.

Queenofdenile1

Love is Blind

And stuff!

I sense much :sarcasm:

....In my Voting Lifetime, She is the closest match to a candidate our founding fathers would have approved of! They intended a Government OF the PEOPLE by THE PEOPLE..... not professional, career polititians and fat cats! Shes a breath of fresh air!!!!!!

:clap:

Queenofdenile1

Love is Blind

And stuff!

She's pretty, but that's really not the point for anyone but Dems trying to belittle her accomplishments by sexualizing her.

She shoots guns and is for the 2nd Amendment as written, that's good.

I think you'd be hard pressed to tell ME, MI, MN, MT, WA, ID, WI, ND, etc., etc., that America doesn't like hockey. And, hockey is just a cold, skating soccer. Tell all the soccer families that we don't like soccer :lol: Besides, I thought you Dems wanted Americans to be for things other countries like.

Her husband is (as she is) blue collar. That he's in a union just means that there's one more place unions stole a hold over, but he's still one of us. Besides, I thought you Dems wanted us to be for unions, so what's your beef?

Against things until she's for them? You mean she's a politician that was for something to get elected, then against it when push came to shove? In Dems, that's called growth - maturity of thought.

When every kid who's been taught about birth control, condoms, etc., etc., doesn't get pregnant, THEN you can compare whether what Bristol learned at home (not at school, since she was taught BC at school) had any effect. Until then, it's pointless to compare or discuss.

She stated she wanted to know exactly what the job entailed, what her role would be - not that she didn't know what a VP does. There's a difference between asking what a VP does, and what a VP does "all day".

But, if you'd like to discuss something of substance regarding her positions, I'd be glad to do that.

I think Kerad was being sarcastic. The question Poll is "Do you Like Palin". That is a loaded question. I think what he might be trying to say is "everyone likes her because she's pretty, because she's a woman, because she's a hockey mom" and not really thinking about the serious issues of "Can she make a good VP? Do you honestly agree with her policies and beliefs? How can you like her when you have nothing to go on." Now, do I like her? I don't know. I think she has potential to go far. I don't agree with some of her policies and issues but I also don't agree with some of the Dems Policies and Issues. I think she speaks fairly well, but I'm more skeptical and cautious about people. I look at the big picture, and I ask myself the question of "Would I want the typical hockey mom with 3 small children to raise as a VP?" Right now, my answer is "No". My beef with it all is "You chose to have this life. You chose to have 5 children. As a mother, you should concentrate more on being a mother instead of a Vice President." This is about her ego, not about her kids. If she were single or her kids were grown or almost grown, I would have a different take on it. However, she has a newborn baby with D.S., that she chose to have and that baby should not be put aside or pawned off on family and friends so Mom can fulfill her dreams and boost her ego!!! It's not fair to the kid and not fair to anyone else!!! She isn't a feminist, she is a conservative and she needs to start playing the part.

This_person

I think Kerad was being sarcastic. The question Poll is "Do you Like Palin". That is a loaded question. I think what he might be trying to say is "everyone likes her because she's pretty, because she's a woman, because she's a hockey mom" and not really thinking about the serious issues of "Can she make a good VP? Do you honestly agree with her policies and beliefs? How can you like her when you have nothing to go on."
That's certainly what Kerad was saying. He was belittling her accomplishments by discussing things that mean nothing about her (like, she's pretty, she has a daughter who got pregnant unwed, etc.). By discussing these things, he turns the conversation away from the political reform laws she instituted and signed, from her fiscal responsibility demonstrated by two years in the chief executive position of a physically large state with billions in their budget, her energy policies similarly demonstrated, her time in Iraq before being a candidate on the top ticket (unlike her presidential candidate Democrat counterpart), etc. This is how the attack against her works - bring up the meaningless BS, and it makes her look like just a pretty face (like Obama). Don't discuss her actual policy record, because Obama has nothing to stand on against it.
Now, do I like her? I don't know. I think she has potential to go far. I don't agree with some of her policies and issues but I also don't agree with some of the Dems Policies and Issues. I think she speaks fairly well, but I'm more skeptical and cautious about people. I look at the big picture, and I ask myself the question of "Would I want the typical hockey mom with 3 small children to raise as a VP?" Right now, my answer is "No". My beef with it all is "You chose to have this life. You chose to have 5 children. As a mother, you should concentrate more on being a mother instead of a Vice President." This is about her ego, not about her kids. If she were single or her kids were grown or almost grown, I would have a different take on it. However, she has a newborn baby with D.S., that she chose to have and that baby should not be put aside or pawned off on family and friends so Mom can fulfill her dreams and boost her ego!!! It's not fair to the kid and not fair to anyone else!!! She isn't a feminist, she is a conservative and she needs to start playing the part.
The "typical" hockey mom doesn't serve as a governor of a state, so she's not exactly the "typical" hockey mom. She's a down to earth person who balances her executive, highly demanding, professional position with driving herself to work, knowing the person who coaches her kids and going to their teacher conferences, etc. As a mom, she knows she has a husband who is there for her family, also. Would you say the same about Obama - that he should stay home with his daughters and not "pawn them off" on his wife? And, after all, she works, too. So, they're kids are most certainly being pawned off on someone. Why is that not the exact same discussion.

Feminism is about freedom and equality. To say she's not a feminist seems odd, as she's the feminist's dream; she has an incredible job and is a hands-on mom.

If serving one's country is an ego issue, there are an awful lot of people with ego issues. I don't think that's what it really is, though.

Queenofdenile1

Love is Blind
That's certainly what Kerad was saying. He was belittling her accomplishments by discussing things that mean nothing about her (like, she's pretty, she has a daughter who got pregnant unwed, etc.). By discussing these things, he turns the conversation away from the political reform laws she instituted and signed, from her fiscal responsibility demonstrated by two years in the chief executive position of a physically large state with billions in their budget, her energy policies similarly demonstrated, her time in Iraq before being a candidate on the top ticket (unlike her presidential candidate Democrat counterpart), etc. This is how the attack against her works - bring up the meaningless BS, and it makes her look like just a pretty face (like Obama). Don't discuss her actual policy record, because Obama has nothing to stand on against it.The "typical" hockey mom doesn't serve as a governor of a state, so she's not exactly the "typical" hockey mom. She's a down to earth person who balances her executive, highly demanding, professional position with driving herself to work, knowing the person who coaches her kids and going to their teacher conferences, etc. As a mom, she knows she has a husband who is there for her family, also. Would you say the same about Obama - that he should stay home with his daughters and not "pawn them off" on his wife? And, after all, she works, too. So, they're kids are most certainly being pawned off on someone. Why is that not the exact same discussion.

Feminism is about freedom and equality. To say she's not a feminist seems odd, as she's the feminist's dream; she has an incredible job and is a hands-on mom.

If serving one's country is an ego issue, there are an awful lot of people with ego issues. I don't think that's what it really is, though.

I wish people would stop trying to use the Obama argument of "Well, he's a man, what about his kids?". It's not a good argument because IT IS DIFFERENT. We could say the same about the Bush's. but Laura Bush was a Mom and a conservative and she raised good daughters. There is nothing wrong with being a Mom and setting a good example for society. I would have more respect for Sarah Palin if she were to say "You know what? I've decided that I need to take care of my son who needs me more and perhaps at another time, I will do this again." Like I said before, if her situation was different, and she were a single person or her children were grown, I'd say "YOU GO GIRL"!! In today's world, children need and should have their mother.

Just to throw this in, Sarah is against abortion and completely PRO-CHOICE including incest and rape (which I am COMPLETELY against). She is also for abstinence, but realistically, that isn't happening in today's world, and I am for Birth Control. Quite frankly, who really knows about women and equality and how she really feels. I'm not for drilling on an animal protective refuge, and those are the only ones I know of because she really hasn't discussed anything else. Cutting spending, but where and how is the question. I'm not necessarily for Obama either. I don't even know if I like McCain. I think it was kind of dirty on his part because I have a feeling he only picked Palin to shake things up and make the election more interesting, not that she is the best for the job. He was behind Obama by quite a bit initially. Nothing factual, just a hunch.

Everyone is so defensive and instead of speaking from the heart, they are busy trying to get dirt, read the internet, look at the news, and getting all these so-called facts. People don't have feelings anymore? People can't think anymore? The question "Do you like Palin?" isn't something that needs to be answered based on facts or finding out info. Most times if you like them, you like them, if not, you don't, if you are undecided and need more time, then fine. You might to start with and change your mind at a later time. It happens. To say she is a "hands on" mom, maybe and maybe not. Will we really know? Probably not. We are only going to see what they want us to see.

One more added thing, I don't have an issue with women working and raising a family. In this day and time, it's almost a necessity but with a two income family, 8 hour a day job is one thing. Being the Vice President who will be traveling for days or weeks at a time, late night whatever meetings/dinners, it doesn't just stop at 5pm and everyone goes home. I just think people are selfish. Everyone is going to argue this and we all may as well just :banghead: because in the end, whatever happens is gonna happen anyway. It's just life!!!

This_person

I wish people would stop trying to use the Obama argument of "Well, he's a man, what about his kids?". It's not a good argument because IT IS DIFFERENT. We could say the same about the Bush's. but Laura Bush was a Mom and a conservative and she raised good daughters. There is nothing wrong with being a Mom and setting a good example for society. I would have more respect for Sarah Palin if she were to say "You know what? I've decided that I need to take care of my son who needs me more and perhaps at another time, I will do this again." Like I said before, if her situation was different, and she were a single person or her children were grown, I'd say "YOU GO GIRL"!! In today's world, children need and should have their mother.
That is a very backwards way of thinking. It's demeaning to the role of the father, and demeaning to the role women can and should (if they chose) play in their role in the business/political world.
Just to throw this in, Sarah is against abortion and completely PRO-CHOICE including incest and rape (which I am COMPLETELY against).
Actually, she's pro-life, she believes the choice 99% of abortion-getting women should have made was whether to have gotten pregnant.
She is also for abstinence, but realistically, that isn't happening in today's world, and I am for Birth Control.
What better form of birth control is there than abstinence? And, she's against telling kids "well, we don't want you to have pre-marital sex, but here's how to do it safely", not against birth control. Two very different things.
I'm not for drilling on an animal protective refuge, and those are the only ones I know of because she really hasn't discussed anything else.
Yes, the few acres of that wildlife preserve really make a difference :rolleyes:
Cutting spending, but where and how is the question. I'm not necessarily for Obama either. I don't even know if I like McCain. I think it was kind of dirty on his part because I have a feeling he only picked Palin to shake things up and make the election more interesting, not that she is the best for the job. He was behind Obama by quite a bit initially. Nothing factual, just a hunch.
Imagine McCain thinking to himself "I know this isn't good for America, but it's good for me personally". Now, when you stop laughing at the absurdity of that thought, imagine Obama saying that about anything. Notice, that thought doesn't make you laugh........
Everyone is so defensive and instead of speaking from the heart, they are busy trying to get dirt, read the internet, look at the news, and getting all these so-called facts. People don't have feelings anymore? People can't think anymore? The question "Do you like Palin?" isn't something that needs to be answered based on facts or finding out info. Most times if you like them, you like them, if not, you don't, if you are undecided and need more time, then fine. You might to start with and change your mind at a later time. It happens.
Gut feel is a good way to go, but it could end up with us having a "feel good" president who is charismatic, charming, and bad for America (like Bill Clinton, or John Kennedy). Facts are good to use when making a presidential vote decision.
To say she is a "hands on" mom, maybe and maybe not. Will we really know? Probably not. We are only going to see what they want us to see.

One more added thing, I don't have an issue with women working and raising a family. In this day and time, it's almost a necessity but with a two income family, 8 hour a day job is one thing. Being the Vice President who will be traveling for days or weeks at a time, late night whatever meetings/dinners, it doesn't just stop at 5pm and everyone goes home. I just think people are selfish. Everyone is going to argue this and we all may as well just :banghead: because in the end, whatever happens is gonna happen anyway. It's just life!!!
If those are your feelings, then you shouldn't vote for anyone (man or woman) with kids, unless you feel the father's role is not as important as the mothers.

If you feel that way, please don't vote. We need to move the country forward in thought, not keep it stuck in the past.

SamSpade

What astonishes me about Palin is, I'm not even the most astute political observer, yet I've been talking about her as a running mate since at least Super Tuesday. Go ahead - check my posts. To me her selection was practically foreordained by six months.

So if you're a journalist and you're "surprised"? You're either stupid or lying. I knew she was a good candidate, and I'm not in the business.

observer

What the Palin pick means to me is that Mc Cain is walking the walk while Obama is talking about "change" Obama picked biden who just happens to be a 36 year politician. O yeah thats a big change, what has he done for 36 years.

another thing I think McCain already knows he has it in the bag and they are looking forward 4 years and setting up Palin against Hillary. Either way if Obama wins and has a horrible stint, Hilary will challenge. If Mc Cain loses it puts Palin in the spotlight for a run in four years.

PsyOps

Pixelated

And stuff!

Well I happen to like Biden who is ... ummmmm..... good loo... errrr.... a rock st... uhhhhh.... is...... uhhhhhhhh.... Old... yeah he's old and has experience.... but not as much as Hillary.... oh wait.... dang...

:doh:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Well I happen to like Biden who is ... ummmmm..... good loo... errrr.... a rock st... uhhhhh.... is...... uhhhhhhhh.... Old... yeah he's old and has experience.... but not as much as Hillary.... oh wait.... dang...

:doh:

They are cut from the same cloth, however, she's cagier, slier, more deceitful, and she also has her husband to bounce her tag lines off of. Hill and Bill, you remember - get 2 for the price of one? :lmao: