Do you remember?

RPMDAD

Me too. I grew up in Vrai's current 'hood (same street I think). Does anyone remember The Happy Hamburger? :lol:

I remember The Happy Hamburger, used to eat there when i worked on the base back then. Got to know the owners, they lived up the road in North Beach.

dan0623_2000

Rosies

I think the OFFICE was either bought out by Rosies or it sort of evolved into Rosies. There were so many topless places back then that it was hard to support them all. I had to work a full time and 2 part time jobs!!!!!!

Flapjack

Any pictures of the Great Mills road area from back in the day?
I'm also looking for pictures of the Kings 5&10 Dept Store (corner of Shangri La and 235), Nav Air Grill (just outside gate 2 on Great Mills Road), and anything else related to the Lexington Park area.

Flapjack

I think the OFFICE was either bought out by Rosies or it sort of evolved into Rosies. There were so many topless places back then that it was hard to support them all. I had to work a full time and 2 part time jobs!!!!!!

The Office burned in 1979, never to resurface again. Later they tore down the building, which was right next to the Sign of the Whale Liquor store.

dan0623_2000

The Office burned in 1979, never to resurface again. Later they tore down the building, which was right next to the Sign of the Whale Liquor store.
Slounds you and I have been around here for a moon or two. I am thinking that before the building burned Rosie took over the bar. Wasn't Rosies II where the old Galley Resturant use to be? It also burned out and then Rosies moved to the building just down the street and it became RosiesIII? can't remember the name of the bar and resturant that was there before her. Spining Wheel?
Some things from that era are a little fuzzy in my brain.

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Little factoid I found out from the family. My great grandfather built what use to be friendlys travern. And he owned all the houses that were next to it. Than he passed it to my grandfather and the one house that was taken down a couple of years ago was my parents first house when they first got married.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Who is it?

Picture was taken at St. Mary's College in 1976. Don't spoil it if you know! I'll post the answer tomorrow night. :buddies:

Attachments

• 1976.jpg
    1976.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Picture was taken at St. Mary's College in 1976. Don't spoil it if you know! I'll post the answer tomorrow night. :buddies:

Obviously no one knows and/or cares. :lol:

Anyway, it's none other than Denzell Washington:

Washington spent the summer of 1976 in St. Mary's City, Maryland, in summer stock theater performing Wings of the Morning, the Maryland State play, which was rewritten for him by incorporating an African-American character/narrator.

Denzel Washington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Attachments

• Denzel Washington.jpg
    Denzel Washington.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 110