Do you support Abortion?

Do you support a mother's right to choose Abortion?

• Yes, I support the mother's right to choose Abortion.

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • No, I do not support the mother's right to choose Abortion.

Votes: 14 42.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by migtig
Negligible - not significant or important; trifling

Statistic - a numerical datum

And again I say, it is not INSIGNIFICANT nor just a NUMBER when it happens to you or someone you love.

Thank you for the vocabulary lesson, and the needless emotional appeal.

NOTHING is just a number or insignificant when it happens to someone you love. That, however, is completely beside the point. Please feel free to make a separate point about how tragic and sad these events are - but I certainly don't think that detracts from my original premise - which is: It's disgusting that the law allows for murder, and pointing to such a small percentage (translate: negligable statistic) of justifiable cases as the validation for this behavior is disingenuous and distressing.

BuddyLee

Football addict
i vote for abortion

I can. However I would love to see these statistics that you all are refering to. :shrug: Yet, isn't abortion a legal right? And aren't we now allowing the "morning after pill" which is issued in hospital emergency rooms? Is that technically abortion?

i vote for abortion but only to a certain point!! if your having it your last trimester thats just wrong. the first trimester is when it should happen!!!! if you dont like that then oh well, sh*t happens and we cannot change everything otherwise thousands of others wouldnt be dying around the world.

Toxick

Splat
You are welcome. Especially considering you implied I was illiterate and didn't understand the definitions with your comment of "Does anyone NOT know what I meant by "negligable statistic"?":rolleyes:

I didn't mean to imply that you were illiterate. The implication was supposed to be that you were being deliberately obtuse.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

K

Katie

Re: i vote for abortion

Originally posted by BuddyLee
i vote for abortion but only to a certain point!! if your having it your last trimester thats just wrong. the first trimester is when it should happen!!!! if you dont like that then oh well, sh*t happens and we cannot change everything otherwise thousands of others wouldnt be dying around the world.

Last Trimester abortions are SO wrong, but sometimes they need to be done. Sometimes a baby is going to be born with half a brain, or half a head. Is it right to make the mother carry the baby full-term and have the heartbreak of the baby being stillborn or in a hospital the rest of their life.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Re: Re: i vote for abortion

Originally posted by Katie
Last Trimester abortions are SO wrong, but sometimes they need to be done. Sometimes a baby is going to be born with half a brain, or half a head. Is it right to make the mother carry the baby full-term and have the heartbreak of the baby being stillborn or in a hospital the rest of their life.

true certain cases can be understandable.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Skipped over most posts, but I'm pro-life, BUT, I'm not certain I want the government all wrapped up in the issue. With the exception of giving the big smackdown to planned parenthood for "false advertising". The pro-abortion groups sugar coat the whole issue, and should be forced, like every other company advertising themselves, to provide full disclosure, not merely their sugarcoated propaganda. I say let anyone have an abortion if they choose to do so after knowing all the facts.

I mean, look at the drug companies and the disclosures they have to provide. Anyone seen the commercials for drugs these days? The laundry list of crap they have to disclose?

I'm for unbiased information being provided in order to make an educated decision. :shrug:

BuddyLee

Football addict
yes

Originally posted by Christy
Skipped over most posts, but I'm pro-life, BUT, I'm not certain I want the government all wrapped up in the issue. With the exception of giving the big smackdown to planned parenthood for "false advertising". The pro-abortion groups sugar coat the whole issue, and should be forced, like every other company advertising themselves, to provide full disclosure, not merely their sugarcoated propaganda. I say let anyone have an abortion if they choose to do so after knowing all the facts.

I mean, look at the drug companies and the disclosures they have to provide. Anyone seen the commercials for drugs these days? The laundry list of crap they have to disclose?

I'm for unbiased information being provided in order to make an educated decision. :shrug:

that would be nice..

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
However I would love to see these statistics that you all are refering to.
Here ya be

Only 1% of all abortions performed were because of rape or incest. Another 1% were done because of fetal abnormalities. 3% were done because of the health of the mother.

Wait - that's on a right-to-life website. Let me find you a different source.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It is interesting to note what kind of websites come up when you type "abortion rape incest" into a Yahoo search. :duh:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Interesting fact...

a89bcb80.jpg

The map above has 17 states blacked out. It has been updated to reflect the
number of children murdered by surgical abortion in this past year of 2003,
about 1.4 million in the U.S., roughly half the population of Mississippi,
shaded in red.

When added to the 17 states in black, this equals a
population of 44,000,000. It's the sickening truth America, 44 MILLION
innocent babies have been dismembered by surgical abortion since
Roe v Wade on January 22, 1973.

http://cpforlife.org/abortion_map_of_us.htm

Z

zuchick

Re: Interesting fact...

Originally posted by Sharon

The map above has 17 states blacked out. It has been updated to reflect the
number of children murdered by surgical abortion in this past year of 2003,
about 1.4 million in the U.S., roughly half the population of Mississippi,
shaded in red.

When added to the 17 states in black, this equals a
population of 44,000,000. It's the sickening truth America, 44 MILLION
innocent babies have been dismembered by surgical abortion since
Roe v Wade on January 22, 1973.

http://cpforlife.org/abortion_map_of_us.htm

And just think what the future will say about so many innocent lives being lost? Shameful I think.

L

libragirl

Originally posted by Nitrospeed16
Just wondering...how many people here that are so hell bent against any form of abortion support the death penalty? Same thing...people acting as god....
two different issues there i suppoet the death penalty and i am against abortion JUST MY OPINION!!!

Toxick

Splat
Re: Re: Interesting fact...

Originally posted by *archimedes*
Aren't a lot of those states unpopulated? :confused:

They're all unpopulated.

In fact, the entire world is unpopulated.

As is the universe.

"It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, but that not every one of them is inhabited, therefore there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so if every planet in the universe has a population of zero, the population of the universe must also be zero. Therefore, any people you may meet while travelling the universe are merely figments of a demented imagination."