Do you support Abortion?

Do you support a mother's right to choose Abortion?

• Yes, I support the mother's right to choose Abortion.

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • No, I do not support the mother's right to choose Abortion.

Votes: 14 42.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Z

zuchick

Originally posted by migtig
I'm pro death penalty and pro abortion. I also am all for executing awol soldiers during time of war.

The Death Penalty.. Too easy on the one being put to death.

Nitrospeed16

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Big difference. One is taking a life because it inconveniences the person that created it. The other is removing the mad dogs from our society so they can't harm others anymore.

If we're going by the reason most people are stating on this thread that abortions should be outlawed, because people are playing god, then no, not big difference. In either case, isn't someone deciding the fate of another persons life? If someone makes the statement that abortion is playing god, they can't take it back on the death penalty just because it's a different scenario. We have a word for people that do this. It's called "hypocrite". If someone is against abortion for the "you're playing god" reason, then unless they like to contradict themselves, they should be anti-dealth penalty too. Only makes sense.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Nitrospeed16
If we're going by the reason most people are stating on this thread that abortions should be outlawed, because people are playing god,
I think only one person said that. Tigger, for example, merely thinks it's heinous to kill an infant. I didn't get where she thought it was "playing God" but I might have missed it.

I think irresponsible sex should be outlawed, personally. I think if you can't demonstrate the ability to take care of yourself, you shouldn't be able to spawn. But then you get into ACLU territory so it's probably not even worth discussing.

Toxick

Splat
If someone makes the statement that abortion is playing god, they can't take it back on the death penalty just because it's a different scenario.

This is a pretty broad black & white statement with zero room for gray area.

We have a word for people that do this. It's called "hypocrite". If someone is against abortion for the "you're playing god" reason, then unless they like to contradict themselves, they should be anti-dealth penalty too. Only makes sense.

While I agree with your premise, at heart, I have to disagree with your logic.

I am against the death penalty for religious reasons - however not because of the 'playing God' reasoning. (My reasons is off-topic, and irrelevant, but still, I just want to point out, that I am against capital punishment.)

However, with your above argument, you want to force people to accept the fact that the life of a convicted ax-murderer, disembowler, cold blooded killer or psychotic maniac is as precious and sacrosanct as an innocent baby - or even more precious and sacrosact, if you say it's just fine to liquify a baby and call it a "choice".

You're going to find plenty of resistance to this sort of assertion.

Z

zuchick

I think only one person said that. Tigger, for example, merely thinks it's heinous to kill an infant. I didn't get where she thought it was "playing God" but I might have missed it.

I think irresponsible sex should be outlawed, personally. I think if you can't demonstrate the ability to take care of yourself, you shouldn't be able to spawn. But then you get into ACLU territory so it's probably not even worth discussing.

I think it would be better to simply outlaw the ACLU and everything else will work itself out.

Z

zuchick

If we're going by the reason most people are stating on this thread that abortions should be outlawed, because people are playing god, then no, not big difference. In either case, isn't someone deciding the fate of another persons life? If someone makes the statement that abortion is playing god, they can't take it back on the death penalty just because it's a different scenario. We have a word for people that do this. It's called "hypocrite". If someone is against abortion for the "you're playing god" reason, then unless they like to contradict themselves, they should be anti-dealth penalty too. Only makes sense.

I am anti-abortion and anti-death penalty. Abortion goes against God where as the the Death Penalty is called for in Mosaic Law. Let's call Abortion what it is, Murder and the Death Penalty what it is, too easy.

Nitrospeed16

Originally posted by Toxick
However, with your above argument, you want to force people to accept the fact that the life of a convicted ax-murderer, disembowler, cold blooded killer or psychotic maniac is as precious and sacrosanct as an innocent baby - or even more precious and sacrosact, if you say it's just fine to liquify a baby and call it a "choice".
Not at all. All I'm saying is that no one who is pro-death penalty/anti abortion or anti death penalty/pro abortion should use that excuse. It goes both ways, but truthfully, no life is worth more or less than anothers, whether they're hannibal lector or the pope. And I don't think it's "just fine to liquify a baby and call it a "choice"", if you read my earlier posts, I'm mostly against it unless there is a significant need for it.

Z

zuchick

Not at all. All I'm saying is that no one who is pro-death penalty/anti abortion or anti death penalty/pro abortion should use that excuse. It goes both ways, but truthfully, no life is worth more or less than anothers, whether they're hannibal lector or the pope. And I don't think it's "just fine to liquify a baby and call it a "choice"", if you read my earlier posts, I'm mostly against it unless there is a significant need for it.

The only need I could imagine that would justify taking a human life is self defense. Which could be used to justify an abortion, but ya gotta admit that 99.9% of the abortions are not the result of self defense.

Toxick

Splat
It goes both ways, but truthfully, no life is worth more or less than anothers, whether they're hannibal lector or the pope.

Well, this is the sticking point right here. I disagree that no life is worth more than others - However, I'm aware that nobody is qualified to make those kinds of judgements. Which is one of the reasons I stand behind the 'do not kill' philosophy.

And I don't think it's "just fine to liquify a baby and call it a "choice"", if you read my earlier posts, I'm mostly against it unless there is a significant need for it.

Maybe I should have specified a general "you" not "you" in particular.

A lot of people do think it's just fine to liquify their baby, and consider abortion "birth control".

Nitrospeed16

I don't think Tigger said it in anything she's posted...but what I was refering to was the post (I posted the part I was wondering about below) by zuchick in the other thread (which I should have mentioned...yes..and I shouldn't have said "most" people, because alot of you on here didn't say that, I'll admit.) All I wanted to know is that since he said that, if he was also against the dealth penalty..and he's already cleared it up..so...*shrug*

"Exactly... Let God play God and the rest of us should mind our own business and keep the decision to abort a child where it belongs, in God's Hands."

K

Katie

I am pro choice and pro death penalty.

I also think that abortion shouldn't be used as birth control. If somebody doesn't believe in taking the pill and gets knocked up every six months and gets an abortion that isn't right at all. Sterilization is the way to go in that case.

There are some 14 year olds running around who are victims of incest and are having their daddies baby. Now that is not right, they are 14 years old, and were a victim of crime. If they want to have an abortion with the parents permission(not the bad one) then go for it. Why pay for something that someone else forced on you. Same goes for rape victims. Every time you look at that child and see the result of that horrible incident that has got to be terrrible on your self-esteem and mental health.

One other thing, the pro-lifers sometimes get so violent that they bomb an abortion clinic and kill people. Is that right also?

Last edited by a moderator:

tlatchaw

Not dead yet.
Just wondering...how many people here that are so hell bent against any form of abortion support the death penalty? Same thing...people acting as god....

Not exactly. People that have been found guilty by a jury of their peers and sentenced to death and exhausted the lengthy appeals process have all had their chances and lived their lives. An unborn baby hasn't intentionally caused any hard to anyone yet.

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by Katie
One other thing, the pro-lifers sometimes get so violent that they bomb an abortion clinic and kill people. Is that right also?

Sometimes muslims get so violent that they fly planes into commerce buildings.

Hate 'em all, do ya?

Z

zuchick

I am pro choice and pro death penalty.

Don't get me wrong Katie because I am not coming down on you. I'm just asking questions to get you and those like you to understand where many of us are coming from.

How many people have the Pro-Lifers murdered this year compared with how many Pro-Chiocers have murdered? No need to answer Katie, but ya gotta think about it..

And if you do not consider an unborn child as a person then California would disagree with you on that which is why that Patterson fellow who they claim killed his wife will also be held accountable for killing his unborn child.

Seems like there is another state that placed a drug addict in jail to keep her away from drugs to protect her unbrn child.

Fact Facts, Pro-Choice is Pro-Abortion and Abortion is out-n-out murder no matter what you call it.

How did we ever get into this situation where a woman who didn't want to be pregrant and did't take precautions to prevent her pregnancy get the choice to murder another person.. Boy talk about one sided justice.

Z

zuchick

Originally posted by tlatchaw
Not exactly. People that have been found guilty by a jury of their peers and sentenced to death and exhausted the lengthy appeals process have all had their chances and lived their lives. An unborn baby hasn't intentionally caused any hard to anyone yet.

Well, why not let the murders alone.. They are only doing the samething the Doctors who preform abortions and the women who are having the abortions are doing.

Keep in mind that Abortion is taking a life, shooting, beating or stabbing someone and killing them is taking a life.. One is legal and the other is not.. Murder is Murder wheither it is done inside or outside the womb.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by zuchick
Well, why not let the murders alone.. They are only doing the samething the Doctors who preform abortions and the women who are having the abortions are doing.

Keep in mind that Abortion is taking a life, shooting, beating or stabbing someone and killing them is taking a life.. One is legal and the other is not.. Murder is Murder wheither it is done inside or outside the womb.
So I guess all of our soldiers that have taken a life in combat to keep you fat, dumb and happy are murders too?

K

Katie

In 1994 in Brookline, Mass. a receptionist who worked at Planned Parenthood was killed in a bombing. She was engaged to be married and was the sister of someone of one of my high school friends. I am sorry, but when it hits that close to home it leaves a serious mark on you. She was just working for a living like the rest of us, was it fair to her that she got killed? She didn't perform the abortions, but yet she paid for it with her life. Was that fair to her?

How did we ever get into this situation where a woman who didn't want to be pregrant and did't take precautions to prevent her pregnancy get the choice to murder another person.. Boy talk about one sided justice.

What about the victims of molestation by their uncles or fathers and become pregnant. They didn't ask for it, nor did they want it. They couldn't go on birth control when it was happening.

*fatfingered year*

Last edited by a moderator:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How many people have the Pro-Lifers murdered this year compared with how many Pro-Chiocers have murdered?
Two wrongs don't make a right - at least that's what conventional wisdom says.

I'll add another thought into the mix:

If they outlawed abortion, period, all abortions, do you think it would make women think twice before having casual sex with some bozo they picked up at the bar? Does someone know offhand the unplanned pregnancy rate since abortion became legal? My suspicion is that, since there's a simple way to get rid of the problem, women aren't being as careful as they might be if that solution didn't exist.

Toxick

Splat
What about the victims of molestation by their uncles or fathers and become pregnant. They didn't ask for it, nor did they want it. They couldn't go on birth control when it was happening.

Yeah all those victims. How many were there last year? 10-15 million?

Were there enough to start making laws to provide for these situaitons, or were there few enough that these situations could be considered exceptions to a more humane law?

Z

zuchick

Originally posted by Ken King
So I guess all of our soldiers that have taken a life in combat to keep you fat, dumb and happy are murders too?

Ken you become too emotional to continue having a rational discussion with as indicated by you resorting to childish antics of name calling in another discussion.

You internalize what is being said.. So with regards to my discussing anything that I feel would cause you to loose your objectivity over, I will decline further discussion with you on this Issue.