• Yes

Votes: 41 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 42 50.6%

• Total voters

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Depends on where you are having it. :lmao:

In your case no, it's not tacky if it's a familiar tradition among your family/friends. If you were doing it and nobody was familiar with it, then there's a problem.

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
We had that at our wedding and made some money that we used on our honeymoon. I think every wedding I've been to has had it. Its all in good fun and people know that a married couple just starting out can use all the help they can get. Go ahead and do it.

Cowgirl

I haven't been to many weddings, so I've never seen it done. All my friends are familiar with it and think we should do it. I kinda feel like most guests are already giving gifts. I don't want to be tacky. :shrug:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I haven't been to many weddings, so I've never seen it done. All my friends are familiar with it and think we should do it. I kinda feel like most guests are already giving gifts. I don't want to be tacky. :shrug:

Apron Dance.

If everyone is familiar with it, I'd go for it. Some of our family weddings have done it and nobody seems offended.

Last edited:

SoMDGirl42

Totally appropriate :yay: Both bride and groom participate and it's really nice to get just a quick moment with both to say your private congratulations.

We had that at our wedding and made some money that we used on our honeymoon. I think every wedding I've been to has had it. Its all in good fun and people know that a married couple just starting out can use all the help they can get. Go ahead and do it.

Apron Dance.

If everyone is familiar with it, I'd go for it. Some of our family weddings have done it and nobody seems offended.

:yeahthat:
Damn near every wedding I have been to has done that, except for a couple of weddings where the couple were not from this area.

I have always thought it was a PA/surrounding area thing as most of our relatives are from there. The guys who paid to dance with the bride got a shot of whiskey, the women could have a shot if the wanted.... I have seen it done with and without the shot.

Not tacky at all, it was even done at Hoover's cousins wedding which was up near the 6-figure range... :faint:

Funniest part when we had our is when one of my best friends instead of dancing with Hoover danced with me (polka), it was drop dead hilarious. 15 years later we still laugh about it. :killingme

Go for it it is worth the extra spending cash!! some people even get in line more than once!!

my brother did it at his and made a couple hundred bucks!!!

kvj21075

Meow
i just wouldnt call it a dollar dance, that to me sounds tacky, but like Cat said, most people call it the apron dance :yay: and that is not tacky at all :)

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
I was afraid it was tacky and didn't want to do it, but my cousin talked me into it and I'm glad we did it. It gives you a chance to have some one-on-one time with people, plus you get lots of cash for the duty-free shop! :clap:

tyky

eieio
Not tacky

My friend did this at her wedding and quickly learned how much one of her bridesmaids liked her new husband :lol:

kvj21075

Meow
Not tacky

My friend did this at her wedding and quickly learned how much one of her bridesmaids liked her new husband :lol:
you can like my husband as much as you want as long as you keep forking out that dough! i jsut ask that no fluids be swapped . TIA