Is a dollar dance at a wedding tacky?

• Yes

Votes: 41 49.4%
  • No

Votes: 42 50.6%

• Total voters

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Make sure you have someone accompany both the bride and the groom during the dollar dance. They can hold the apron and keep the line moving. Usually about 30 seconds per person is long enough, then the person in charge can "cut in" with the next dance partner.

Cowgirl

Make sure you have someone accompany both the bride and the groom during the dollar dance. They can hold the apron and keep the line moving. Usually about 30 seconds per person is long enough, then the person in charge can "cut in" with the next dance partner.

Good idea! I can get them matching striped shirts and whistles! :clap:

That's the way we always did it - usually it was the Maid/Matron of Honor and the Best Man.

lisa8439

I've seen it done at lots of weddings too - I always thought it was a cute inventive idea to help get some extra cash for the newlyweds. I wouldn't call it a 'dollar dance' either though - you'll get some $20's from family members!! :killingme

Now, I've been to a couple of very 'upscale' weddings where it was NOT done - so perhaps it is considered tacky if you have tons of money to begin with... but then, I guess there is no point in doing it anyway :coffee:

lisa8439

im jsut trying to figure out a way to get a credit card machine for mine :lol:

:killingme make sure there is an ATM nearby somewhere.... :killingme

A lot of people do it for a joke too - I always pay money to dance with the wimmins (most weddings I've been to have been as a friend of the bride) :smoochy:

Def not tacky. My niece had one. You'd be surprised how much money you can accumulate!

A side note: Based on the weather, maybe having a bunch of umbrellas handy would be a nice thought... :biggrin: But I sure hope you don't need them.

Cowgirl

Def not tacky. My niece had one. You'd be surprised how much money you can accumulate!

A side note: Based on the weather, maybe having a bunch of umbrellas handy would be a nice thought... :biggrin: But I sure hope you don't need them.

I know. :frown: Stupid weather.

Cowgirl

Harness the power of positive thinking. It is not going to rain. :smile:

Yeah, I really don't think it will. Scattered t-storms are no big deal. Not like I can do anything to change it! :lol:

We just all have to get outside and do the nekkid no-rain dance to appease the weather gods.

Last time I did that, it rained twice as hard. I think the gods were crying.... (mental image of a fat guy dancing nekkid...)

You go ahead with that. I'll pass. :roflmao:

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
We just all have to get outside and do the nekkid no-rain dance to appease the weather gods.

Last time I did that, it rained twice as hard. I think the gods were crying.... (mental image of a fat guy dancing nekkid...)
Oh my. :lol:
Yeah, I really don't think it will. Scattered t-storms are no big deal. Not like I can do anything to change it! :lol:
Exactly. You have no control over the weather, so there's no sense in worrying about it. That being said...it will not rain. :smile:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I think it's charming and a great way of getting guests involved in the festivities. :yay: Plus an unexpected windfall for the couple. :dye:

kvj21075

Meow
Take the one from your bedroom unless it's completely wornout ! :killingme

and how would you know abotu my bedroom credit card machine? :whistle:

really, why do u think 4d keeps saying he doesnt have money now? The wedding is just an excuse! (silly boy thinks im going to stop charging him after we are married :lol: )