Don Imus

What should happen to Don Imus because of the comment he made?

• NOTHING! Freedom of speech. They use worse language in rap songs about themselves

Votes: 64 57.1%
  • He made a mistake and I think an apology was good enough

Votes: 28 25.0%
  • He should be suspended without pay for a short period of time

Votes: 7 6.3%
  • He should be FIRED!

Votes: 13 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dork

Highlander's MPD
BlackSheep said:
He was given a "2 week vacation" :whistle:

Well deserved after being raked over the coals by that idiot Al Sharpton. I hope he enjoys his vacation goes somewhere nice.

BlackSheep

BuddyLee said:
I don't follow the cowboy hat wearin' dork, what did he ever say?

On Al's show today-

Al said...Blah-blah-blah
Imus said..Yes sir
Al said...Blah-blah-blah
Imus said..Yes sir

Imus said..YES SIR a lot! :smack:

Dork

Highlander's MPD
BuddyLee said:
I don't follow the cowboy hat wearin' dork, what did he ever say?

He referred to the Rutgers women's basketball team as "nappy-headed hos."

BuddyLee

Football addict
Dork said:
He referred to the Rutgers women's basketball team as "nappy-headed hos."
I think he made a bad mistake and apologized fairly well recently. I think it's getting blown out of proportion if you ask me.

BlackSheep

BuddyLee said:
I think he made a bad mistake and apologized fairly well recently. I think it's getting blown out of proportion if you ask me.
It's obvious you're not nappy-headed! :buttkick:

BuddyLee

Football addict
BlackSheep said:
Are you with the Rainbow Coalition?

If you're worried about this or your race is worried about this, one doesn't have to wonder why you have so many other horrendous problems.

Dork

Highlander's MPD
BlackSheep said:

Humm? Just curious. Do you have to be black to have a nappy head? Do you have to be black to be a ho? It may not be a nice thing to say about someone but how is it racial? I can picture a white nappy headed ho, can't you?

BlackSheep

BuddyLee said:
Are you with the Rainbow Coalition?

If you're worried about this or your race is worried about this, one doesn't have to wonder why you have so many other horrendous problems.
Excuse me? My race? I'm as Irish and as white as Patty's pig! What's your problem?
Imus is an A-hole and so is Big Al. IMHO-Until Sharpton apologizes to the kids from Duke, he should shut his f'ing mouth.
:yay:

BlackSheep

Dork said:
Humm? Just curious. Do you have to be black to have a nappy head? Do you have to be black to be a ho? It may not be a nice thing to say about someone but how is it racial? I can picture a white nappy headed ho, can't you?
On most days I can-but in the context of Imus's statement and his counterpart; it was directed toward a Basketball team-a women's basketball team.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Dork said:

The obvious answer is no.

However, Imus was, in this particular incident talking about the Rutgers womens college basketball team, which, it has been reported, is predominantly african-american. I think I read 8 out of the 10 or 12 women, if I'm not mistaken.

I think he blew it; he got caught up with joking around with his colleagues on the show, one joke led to another, and he let fly with that remark. He'll pay for it dearly, I think, with the cancellation of many dignitaries, congressmen, and etc., not coming on his show.

What will be interesting is, will this suspension change the format of his show, and how he conducts himself and the rest of his staff that make up the group?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've always loathed Imus, but he'd earn some points with me if he'd tell Sharpton to STFU. Taking morality lessons from the likes of Al Sharpton - THAT, my friends, is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Imus made a racially insensitive (and frankly, race aside, just plain insensitive) remark. But to be chastised for racial insensitivity by none other than Al "Steven Pagones" Sharpton is just way out there.