Don't do it, Ahnuld!

I thik ALL states should have the death penalty and if someone gets a death sentence they spend no more that two years on death row before they fry them!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
:kiss:

BTW - I got another drink spilled on me last week. :rolleyes: The bartender was in a hurry, caught the bottom of the drink on the edge of the counter, and basically THREW the drink at me. :yikes: Fortunately, I was quick and only got a little splashed on me. :lmao:
:magnet: :lmao:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Justanotherjoe said:
I thik ALL states should have the death penalty and if someone gets a death sentence they spend no more that two years on death row before they fry them!
I agree! Every killer should have the right to a speedy execution. I mean, once the death sentence is determined to be the appropriate punishment, we should do it and get it over with. Death Row ought to be a short-stay residence (like 7 days or less).

camily

Peace
I agree. Plus, let's not act like Tookie had a terrible death like the people he killed or had killed. Also, I was wondering. I know black people sometimes call the liquor store "Tookie's". Is that how he got his nickname? Anyone?

C

canuk woman

Ponytail said:
:lmao: I got :smacked: by a Canuck. :lol: Normally they just spill their drinks on me and walk away. :lol:

Hey I had no comment to say so I just used that emoticon.

C

canuk woman

Mikeinsmd said:
Tell ya what. He can live if he moves in with you and your family in Canada.... :smack: :buttkick:

To be honest I support neither side.

Qurious

Im On 1.
He deserved to die....and I can't beleive people actually think him being nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize was going to save his life. The man was a murderer and led a gang that destroyed thousands of lives in the community. The gang still exists to this day because of "tookie"...killing him will hopefully send a message to those still puttin up those dumb ass crip signs....

and Jesse Jackson needs to sit his ass down!!! He is an embarrassement to the black community sometimes because of the dumb shyt he says....The man did a crime so he has to pay for it. Had he been white you wouldn't see the KKK petitioning to save his life....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Qurious said:
him being nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize
That just slays me (ha ha - no pun intended). How the hell does a murderer get nominated for the NPP????? Can you imagine being the family of the people he gunned down and watching this POS lauded and celebrated????

I just can't believe it.

While CNN and the rest of the gang were studiously avoiding mention of what Tookie did, Fox (bless their heart) would put on some pro-Tookie screwball, then reiterate what the ol' boy was getting the whack for. In great detail so the kennedys of the world could understand.

Lenny

Lovin' being Texican
This is sufficient to convince me Tookie should die....

Attachments

• Jesse Tookie.jpg
    Jesse Tookie.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 45

Ponytail

I can never understand why these azzhats forget about the families that have been left grieving for the 20+ years that this guy has been allowed to live after their family members were killed. Where was THEIR appeal process? Where was THEIR chance at redemption? Where is THEIR GOV'T aid for lawyer fees, protection, education, meals, book deals...??

Ridulous.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ponytail said:
Where was THEIR appeal process?
Carlie Brucia's mother was on TV the day her daughter's killer was sentenced to death, and she was like, "Now the appeal process begins. Well, I'm sure my daughter appealed to Mr. Smith to spare her life, and what good did that do her???"

I just don't understand this stuff.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Here's the thing...

Ponytail said:
I can never understand why these azzhats forget about the families that have been left grieving for the 20+ years that this guy has been allowed to live after their family members were killed. Where was THEIR appeal process? Where was THEIR chance at redemption? Where is THEIR GOV'T aid for lawyer fees, protection, education, meals, book deals...??

Ridulous.

...you say you can't understand it, well here:

There was this kid, a 17 year old black kid who thought the Klan was coming to his neighborhood. This was the 1950's. So, scared to death, he armed himself and ended up shooting an innocent man. He ran and ran.

He was found in the last few years, 60 some odd years old, living a quiet, poductive life in NYC. His neighbors loved him and were shocked when they found out what he'd been arrested for.

That's the basic story.

In any event, prosecutors elected to drop the case.

Anti death penalty people believe, by and large, that ANYONE who would murder, whether out of hate or fear or greed will eventually turn out like this old guy; repentent, good, decent.

They believe that people are products of their environment, that we're all basically good. That bad surroundings make bad people.

Now, Tookie wrote a book for kids.

The authorities also say that the Tookster NEVER renounced his gang membership. They say he has been invloved in violent assaults on other prisoners AND guards, numerous times over the years. They say he has had contact about gang business with current gang members as recently as the early 2000's.

They say he has been no help in ratting on criminals to get them behind bars. Obviously, with his vast criminal background, he could help law enforcement.

Tookie has not gotten better. Tookie is no model citizen. He has not become some quiet, repentent guy going about peaceful life.

Now, certainly, this is not his fault but the fault of his surroundings, same as always.

But that's point. He hasn't done anything worth mercy.

Last edited:

Toxick

Splat
Larry Gude said:
Anti death penalty people believe, by and large, that ANYONE who would murder, whether out of hate or fear or greed will eventually turn out like this old guy; repentent, good, decent.

They believe that people are products of their environment, that we're all basically good. That bad surroundings make bad people.

Not all anti-death penalty people believe that.

Some of us believe that no matter what, everyone.. EVERYONE - even the biggest POS in the world - has a right to get right with God. Whether they do so or not is beside the point. That opportunity shouldn't be taken away by men.

Pete

Repete
Toxick said:
Not all anti-death penalty people believe that.

Some of us believe that no matter what, everyone.. EVERYONE - even the biggest POS in the world - has a right to get right with God. Whether they do so or not is beside the point. That opportunity shouldn't be taken away by men.
What's the problem? Tookie is probably pleading his case to God as we speak.:shrug: