Double Standards (women equality)....

Spoiled

vraiblonde said:
How do you reconcile this with your support of the Democratic party, which is nothing BUT reverse discrimination?
As ive said before im a liberal on most issuesm this is one that i guess im more conservative on... Somethings are great, welfare being one of them, atleast the idea, it needs major reforms.... I usualy go by: if people want to be equal then they should be treated as equals, hence the reason gay people should be able get married, affirmative action is crap and so are double standards...

Christy

b*tch rocket
sleuth said:
I was always tee-d off in school because the girls could run a 10 minute mile and get an A, but the boys had to run a 7.5 minute mile to get an A. Same thing with push-ups and sit-ups. Boys were always screwed on those. So even though I could run faster, do more pushups, and more situps than the most physically fit girl in the class (and I never was close to "most physically fit" boy), she'd get an A and I get a C+ in P.E.

:wah: :wah:

I'm sure if you'd have put on your pink spandex the day or your run you'd have easily been able to pull an A. :kiss:

T.Rally

ylexot said:
The Complete Guide to Karma (so far)
Guess you didn't notice the whole karma/power/points thing under everyone's name.
I did notice but I'll be damned if I would go around meting it out like some winged fairy with a magic wand.

Speaking of Karma, if you don't have the nads to post your name with a negative response, then you shouldn't post!! You f-ing brainless turd bag!! You know who you are.

SamSpade

sleuth said:
I doubt I could find it, but when I was in college, I read a study that said one of the reasons men get paid more than women is because men are "generally" more aggressive at demanding raises, looking for higher-paying jobs, and threatening to 'walk' if they didn't get those raises or promotions. The study also showed that women, in general, tend to take a more passive stance, complain to coworkers rather than their boss, and worry too much about making waves in the workplace to ask for that raise. They also tend to get settled in their routine jobs and don't actively search for better-paying positions as often as men do.

Don't know how much of that study is true... :shrug:

I have an article somewhere in my study I cut out from the Washington Post Sunday section a few years back that said that an enormous part of the difference in salaries of men and women fall into two categories. One was that women tend to go to jobs that do not pay as well, but that in high-paying jobs such as engineers and lawyers and doctors, the salary gap is nearly gone. And in fact, studies that had shown that within the same industry, this was usually true.

The other was a combination of several things you mentioned INCLUDING the amount of time spent on the job, where the number of hours at work by women was a few hours less per week than men. When the salary gap is brought up, data which do not align are often used - why should it come as a surprise that a man who works 40-45 hours a week makes more than a woman at the same job working 32-36 hours a week?

I'll see if I can't dig it up somewhere, but the conclusion was that most of the disparity is no longer true.

Steve

Enjoying life!
T.Rally said:
I did notice but I'll be damned if I would go around meting it out like some winged fairy with a magic wand.

Speaking of Karma, if you don't have the nads to post your name with a negative response, then you shouldn't post!! You f-ing brainless turd bag!! You know who you are.

I sense, T.Rally, that you are a little pissed off by people apparently reducing your Karma. As for my comment to ylexot earlier, I will give Karma to anyone who posts a significant contribution to a discussion, or to anyone who politely reaches an agreement after lengthy debate. It is my Karma to give, and I will give it (positive or negative) as I see fit. How that makes me gay, or a fairy, entirely demonstrates your inability for clear thought.

Spoiled

speaking of gay

mike.jpg

Steve

Enjoying life!
Spoiled said:
speaking of gay

mike.jpg

Nice T-shirt...someone we know? I never knew that marriage was a right for anyone. How about Indian women? Since it's their right too, as humans, shouldn't they be able to choose their husbands?