Votes: 7 6.1%
  • 61-80

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • 80 or more

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beamher

30 mins to commuter lot & then 1.5hr on bus; I use to drive all the way and it ran me over $600 a month:otter:

G

Gtmustang88

24 miles for me. About 30 min in the morning and maybe 40-60 min coming home.

united

38 each way from mechanicsville to clinton, takes an hour. my dream job would be one I could walk to.

united

I go from Waldorf to Mechanicsville (to drop off at daycare) and then to NW DC - I'd say about 50 miles one way. I drop her off at 7:00 in the morning and get to work around 9:00. I leave work at 5:00 and pick her up from various after-care around 6:30 - 7:00.

I'm currently looking for something closer to home - no matter what the paycut.

Why would you drive from waldorf down to mechanicsville for daycare, then to dc for work? I'd hope its free.

ocean733

My husband might be relocating to Sparrows Point, MD, after serving 24 years in the military.

What are the good areas? We are looking in the Pasedena area and I really don't know anything.

backagain39

I am currently about 3-4 miles away. After waiting a good bit on another opportunity to come through that still hasn't the wife and I are looking to buy. the house we are looking at now would make it a 52 mile drive one way. I say it is worth it to own my own home but wanted to see average time..

Don't do it. I drove from Golden Beach to Bethesda for almost 7 years. I tore up 5 vehicles and was spending $500.00 a month in gas and that was almost 2 years ago. I fell asleep coming home one night in Hughesville (before the by pass was built) and the woman behind me starting blowing her horn and woke me up....scared the chit outta me. That was the day I decided enough was enough.

You are looking at 104 miles a day that is 520 miles a week and 2080 miles a month just to get to work, this isn't counting any weekend driving. I was getting oil changes every 45 days and you will be also........not to mention tires and brakes.

You will not have any home life at all........and life is just too short for that! You will be so exhausted that the weekends are usually shot to hell so there goes enjoying any family time or working on the yard or house. And trust me Monday morning comes mighty fast......

K

Kain99

I suffered a 2.5 hr. commute each way for 3 years. Proudly announcing that I obtained a job 20 minutes from my house this morning. Kiss My azz Mclean! Woo Hoo!

T

toppick08

I suffered a 2.5 hr. commute each way for 3 years. Proudly announcing that I obtained a job 20 minutes from my house this morning. Kiss My azz Mclean! Woo Hoo!

Congrats girl.........:buddies:

Rael

Supper's Ready
My husband might be relocating to Sparrows Point, MD, after serving 24 years in the military.

What are the good areas? We are looking in the Pasedena area and I really don't know anything.
Congrats to your hubby, Ocean733 :yay:, is he retiring from active duty?

Some people I know lived in Severna Park, and it was nice. I know they're not giving away homes up that way, but it might be worth taking a closer look around that area. One reason a lot of people moved there (according to them) is the school system. Even if you don't have school-aged kids, it still could make for a good investment being in a neighborhood that has good schools.

How far do you drive to work? Just wondering as my drive time might change

Hoover and I carpool into work - it is 31 miles from the garage to the gate.

I use to do a 52 one-way trip from Bryantown to Fairfax... never again... :coffee:

The long commute can be OK if you are going against traffic, but sitting in it sucks.

What are the good areas? We are looking in the Pasadena area and I really don't know anything.

My office mate lives in Pasadenaa - I can hook the two of you up via e-mail if you want... he can give you the low-down on the area. Also, my boss lives in Severn, which is cheaper than Pasadena - he said avoid Laurel at all cost :lol: - just let me know, you know how to find me... :yay:

SEABREEZE 1957

My 401K is now a 201K
According to Google maps - "3.7 mi – about 9 mins", although I disagree with the 'about 9 minutes' part.....some mornings it's 20 minutes, depending if I hit the 5 lights correctly. Coming home, depends if I stop at Damon's...:buddies:

Poohhunny1605

I don't work. :shrug:

I have 0 miles to get to work. :lol:

I'm a Stay at Home Mom.

I wish I had this option..I'm sure MOST moms do..I would love to stay home with my little man all day and hang out and take him places. I think it would be great, would save $200/week(daycare), but then I would have to live off of the $190/week(child support)..Impossible :tantrum

ocean733

Congrats to your hubby, Ocean733 :yay:, is he retiring from active duty?

Some people I know lived in Severna Park, and it was nice. I know they're not giving away homes up that way, but it might be worth taking a closer look around that area. One reason a lot of people moved there (according to them) is the school system. Even if you don't have school-aged kids, it still could make for a good investment being in a neighborhood that has good schools.

Yes, he's retiring from active duty.

I'm hoping that he gets persuaded from taking the job. :ohwell: